Official Match Thread Season 26 Round 8: Roys FFC vs Baghdad Bombers @ Renown Park (Heritage Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Roys FFC vs Baghdad Bombers @ Renown Park

Story by Cloud_
Matchday graphic by kdavva74

cba38211baf4317c8b20731fc0cda8bb.png

Hello and welcome all to Round 8: Heritage Round. In Season 26 we explore the City of Sweet and delve into stories behind some of the historical venues that have shaped the culture of the league and by extension Sweet. This week we take a trip to regional Hindealla as the reigning premiers Roys FFC clash with the Baghdad Bombers with the Late Bloomers Cup on the line. The game will be played at Renown Park, a local ground in the small town of Adelaide roughly a two-hour drive west of Sweet City along a long country road connecting Sweet to Rlilpisa. Renown Park previously hosted practice games and Roys home clashes with the Swamprats. As the town of Adelaide was the home to numerous founding members of the Roys squad and hence had a strong Roys fanbase, Renown Park was adopted as an alternate home ground for one game a season during the early era of the Sweet FA.

OIC_renown_park_sam_johnson_4.jpg

Renown Park as it is today

Clashes at Renown Park were historically reported to be famous for raucous behaviour on-field and generally left the field soaked in vomit and reeking of alcohol for weeks after the fixture. A rumoured cause for such behaviour was the two-hour long trip in a double-decker party bus that transported both competing teams to the venue. The specifics of what occurred during such trips have never been disclosed. The fixture at Renown Park had been discontinued for a while now, mostly due to cost-cutting measures made necessary after an extended period of on-field struggle for Roys FFC leading to diminishing memberships, crowd sizes and sponsorship deals. However, with the recent breakthrough premiership success of Roys FFC and an upturn in the club's financial state, the trip to Adelaide has now once again been made viable. This season the Roys will host a powerhouse club that is the Baghdad Bombers for the first time at Renown Park with the Late Bloomer's Cup on the line. Local newspapers are already reporting this as the biggest event in a century to come to the otherwise quiet and benign countryside town of Adelaide.

References :
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-8-30pm-brissy-time-tuesday-27-oct-09.647624/
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-1-roys-vs-allstars-renown-park-adelaide.301895/
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...nal-away-from-sfa-park.1196544/#post-56225208

Players To Watch :

Roys FFC
Returning veteran Broken has not missed a beat coming back to the reigning premiers in Season 26, slotting into the ruck and being top 3 in hitouts in the season to date, while gathering 20 disposals a game. If he can get on top of Bombers sophomore Matty411 then the Roys will be will on their way to pleasing their fans at Renown.

The league's resident creator Mobbs has discovered the fountain of youth this season after kicking a crucial goal late in the Season 25 grand final to put the cup within grasp of his Roys. Patrolling at centre halfback, Mobbs will know the Renown ground well and will no doubt lift for the occasion to halt any Bombers advances.

Baghdad Bombers
It's been a forgettable season for the Bombers, but boom recruit _Cayz_ with 21.4 disposals a game and 9 goals in the 7 games to date - 23 disposals and 2 goals last week. _Cayz_ has been a standout at winning his own ball, if he can bring enough of his teammates into the game the Bombers will be every chance of springing an upset.

Bombers full forward BEEG will need to lift and get on the lead more this week after being held to three kicks last week. Although he was opportunistic with his shots, the opposition full forward was far more influential and he will need to have a commanding performance this week against a formidable Roys outfit.

Tip :
Bombers by 72

Last edited:
Finally someone acknowledges my brilliance in the OP.

Good work Yakker.

Bring on the week, should be able to beat the retirement village.
sorry mate I can't take credit, it was all Cloud_

A slumping Roys team coming up against a team having a nightmare of a season. I've seen this script before. Screw this, I'm going to Karaoke.

Canicometoosimpsons.gif

Is that a suburb of Hindealla or Rlilpisa??...coz the OP confused the **** outta me and my google map generator:D
2qnKmfs.jpg
Rhilpisa (forgive typo in OP) is another town, inland from Sweet. Smaller and more secluded. Much like a consistent Roys season.

A slumping Roys team coming up against a team having a nightmare of a season. I've seen this script before.
So have I...but the reason we are a slumping team of goat-****ers having a nightmare of a season, is because the goats are avoiding us!:eek:
RDNHBxi.jpg

Whats your excuse?

Rhilpisa sounds like an exotic herpes fungus.
Be ****ed if Im going there.:sick:
You might enjoy the neighbouring towns of Absolutepisa or Utterpisa better!

Bombers, are you ready to contest for the oldest internal challenge match of the competition? Because we're not. We suck right now. Sucky sucky suck suck suck. God we suck.
Code:
               -~= Late Bloomers Cup =~-
           |  | S07 Roys    S19 Roys    |  |
           |  | S08 Bombers S20 Roys    |  |
           |  | S11 Roys    S21 Roys    |  |
           |  | S12 Bombers S22 Roys    |  |
           |  | S13 Bombers S23 Roys    |  |
           |  | S14 Bombers S24 Bombers |  |
            '-| S15 Bombers S25 Roys    |-'
              | S16 Bombers             |
              | S17 Roys                |
              | S18 Roys                |
              '                         '
               '.                     .'
                 \                   / 
                  '.               .'
                    \             / 
                     '.         .'
                       \       / 
                        '.   .'
                         |   |
                         |   |
                      _.'     '._
                    `"""""""""""""`

Take that, graphics champ wannabes!

Edit: I still ballsed it up :D

Bombers, are you ready to contest for the oldest internal challenge match of the competition? Because we're not. We suck right now. Sucky sucky suck suck suck. God we suck.
Code:
                 \                   /
                  '.               .'
                    \             /
                     '.         .'
                       \       /
                        '.   .'
                         |   |
                         |   |
                      _.'     '._
                    `"""""""""""""`

We suck right now too. Methinks this will be a battle of who sucks the hardest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Code:
                 \                   /
                  '.               .'
                    \             /
                     '.         .'
                       \       /
                        '.   .'
                         |   |
                         |   |
                      _.'     '._
                    `"""""""""""""`

Impressive !!!

Hello all !!

They must be s**t holes not pissers because they're not on the map.:mad:
nTNSaOj.jpg
It's a continent. You think every town is gonna be on that map? Use your zoom!

Looking at that now, I can see how Rhilpisa was read as Rlilpisa. I write like a friggin' doctor.

It's a continent. You think every town is gonna be on that map? Use your zoom!

Looking at that now, I can see how Rhilpisa was read as Rlilpisa. I write like a friggin' doctor.

Someone wants consistency and details in a randomly simulated season of a virtual sporting competition played by online combatants in a fabricated world where a significant portion of all postings are lies ?? Outrageous !!

I just dug out a map of Rhilpisa that I set down in 2013. As I've been wandering to each relevant ground every round in Minecraft and developing the locale, I guess I have to go on a massive trek west this week. Damn you Cloud_ !

Hmm ... I've been doing this for about 4 weeks ... and we've lost the last 3 games ... maybe I'm mozzing us ...

jpjHo6Z.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back