Bon Jovi 2018 AFL Grand Final entertainment ? Black Eyed Peas confirmed.

Remove this Banner Ad

The article on the AFL website says "we will be pulling out all the stops for this special performance" which I choose to interpret as Macy Gray making a surprise guest appearance.

Surely they have a replacement female to sing Fergie's parts?
I wouldn't necessarily bet on it. At the very least, there are certain songs they've explicitly stated won't be performed anymore.

But I'd expect them to do their hype anthems ("Let's Get It Started", "Pump It", and unfortunately "I Gotta Feeling") and maybe one or two new songs, none of which are Fergie heavy anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine Dragons was an easy follow up to The Killers.

Relevant, generic rock that most would know some lyrics of..

Finish the set with "Whatever it takes"
Nice little tip of the hat to the mentality of a player on GF day.

Roll credits.

Instead we get 2/3 of The Black Eyed Peas 10 years after they finished being relevant. (yes i know there were originally 4 members but nobody counts that dude with the long hair)

Last edited:

AFL seem to be living in 2007 when it comes to entertainment.

Will I am is alright, but it really wouldn't hurt to get someone whose charted in the past decade.

Why are people so hung up on how recent the act is? Are you just trying to prove your your relevant? Good tunes are timeless I couldn't give a **** if its 1979 or 2018.

As for black eyed peas :poo: :thumbsdown:

Sleep through last year mate?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I attended the game actually.

The Killers were hardly relevant. Like the Black Eyed Peas, their most recent big hits came almost 10 years earlier in "Human" & "Spaceman" off 2008's Day & Age.

I recognise "The Man" & "Run For Cover" became quite popular, but I would argue this success only came after the Grand Final performance and likely wouldn't have happened if they weren't booked to play at the game.

Does anyone with even a half decent IQ listen to The Black Eyed Peas?
I'm a long-time listener (and watcher--they've put out 3-4 excellent videos this year), never taken an IQ test though.

Have you listened to them? It'd be kinda weird to form an opinion on their music if you haven't!

Terrible, terrible, terrible.... Theres nothing more to say really, no redeeming factor about this selection whatsoever.

Whats the bet these 3 egotistical think-they-have-beens try and make some political statement/screw up bigger than Meat Loaf? At least even money at this point.

You Am I, Tim Rogers can wear his Sturt lace up.
32247664_1941689469176528_5373909960323235840_n.jpg

You am i were pregame entertainment at the 2015 SANFL grand final.
They were good too :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back