List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 : Rankine/Lukosius/Rozee/Hately etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defensive pressure in spades, the main thing Rankine has lacked in his over all skill set to this point.
His upside is huge.He’s still a skinny kid. I certainly wouldn’t be disappointed if we drafted him. We need more players with his level of class and footy smarts.

What do we have so far? 7,15?,19, 35?
Don't think you'll need any of those to get Woodcock at this point in time. Stefan Giro was very good last year, consistent and a very good Championship yet still fell through to the Rookie Draft, size seems to matter with AFL recruiters, there's just no getting away from that fact.

Don't think you'll need any of those to get Woodcock at this point in time. Stefan Giro was very good last year, consistent and a very good Championship yet still fell through to the Rookie Draft, size seems to matter with AFL recruiters, there's just no getting away from that fact.
Yeah I wasn’t suggesting that, size does matter but he’s got something special I reckon, someone will grab him and he will be a quality AFL player.

He would be around Caleb Daniel range IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see Rozee getting past Gold Coast at pick 3 now which sucks. It's sad really as it's another kid whose talent will be squandered up there in the AFL wasteland that is the Gold Coast.
I think they'll go tall, that's their biggest of many needs.

Absolutely it does, a lack of size is one of the biggest things (I'd actually argue, it is the biggest thing) that can kill careers as it limits the amount of positions you could potentially break through.

If you're <180cms, you can just about give up on your dreams of being anything but a small forward/defender unless you are ridiculously talented/driven to make the most out of any advantage you could possibly get (much moreso then the standard AFL player).

Who do we have to give to get 2&3?

Gov, CEY, Mackay, Douglas, Atkins and Hunter?

The only player who could is McGovern without us throwing in pick 7-8/whatever. Atkins could but it would require that pick.

The rest are not even a snowballs chance of getting us any first unless it's only a couple of pick upgrade, and even then would limit it to a late first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back