Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Pick 5 and a swap of 3rd/4th round picks for Rankine was...

• Massive overs

• Moderate overs

• Slight overs

• Fair value

• Slight unders

• Moderate unders

• Massive unders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess if Rankine is going to miss a few weeks, this is the best time of the season for him to do it, with games coming up against West Coast, Hawthorn and Richmond. If we are relying on him to win those matches, we really are cooked.

Good chance for somebody to come into the side. We've already got Murphy, McHenry, Sholl and Hamill in, so it might actually be one of our recent recruits? Or hell, I'd take Schoenberg or Berry, even.

unlucky but I think it’s a minor one hopefully, didn’t seem like he was in too much pain.

How’s about that stoppage at the end though, hits the ball at pace and absolutely burns off Jack Crisp who is very quick himself, he just went into top gear in a couple of metres and just left Crisp for dead.

It’s Judd WCE pace, you have something like that in a stoppage and it causes all sorts of issues for the other team. Cameron is fast but he doesn’t have what Rankine possesses, not many in the league do.

This guy is just scratching the surface of how good he can be.

Look out 2025 and load up on him for the Brownlow.

We still won't make the 8 and will probably be much of the same with Nicks in the driver's seat, but at least we will have Izak to watch.

At least in terms of our midfield we don’t have to worry about a lack of talent. Dawson, Rankine, Soligo is as good as anyones

unlucky but I think it’s a minor one hopefully, didn’t seem like he was in too much pain.

How’s about that stoppage at the end though, hits the ball at pace and absolutely burns off Jack Crisp who is very quick himself, he just went into top gear in a couple of metres and just left Crisp for dead.

It’s Judd WCE pace, you have something like that in a stoppage and it causes all sorts of issues for the other team. Cameron is fast but he doesn’t have what Rankine possesses, not many in the league do.
Exactly why he has elite mid potential. He is of greatest value in the middle doing that and feeding the forwards

Real shame he missed the handball to Dawson on that one in the first quarter.

The way he shrugged the tackle and then from a standing start burnt a couple players who aren’t slow. Very few in the comp capable of doing that.

Rankine choosing to run 20+ metres rather than kicking the ball to Keays in the dying moments 🥰

View attachment 1993081

Kind of shows the issue with our slingshot ball movement preference, it’s all or nothing. 5 players all running towards goal. Would it not be an idea for one of them to present up at Rankine?

At least in terms of our midfield we don’t have to worry about a lack of talent. Dawson, Rankine, Soligo is as good as anyones

And yet when the crap hit the fan today, Nicks went straight for Laird & Crouch in the centre.

I really hope we don't piss Rankine's career away with our list in the state it is. Dawson's too for that matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet when the crap hit the fan today, Nicks went straight for Laird & Crouch in the centre.

I really hope we don't piss Rankine's career away with our list in the state it is. Dawson's too for that matter.
Having both Crouch & Laird in the middle, particularly when the game is on the line is problematic.

Rankine's CBA's need to go to Rachele & Schoenberg next weekend.

It will be shame if he has to waste a chunk of his career playing under the hack that is Matthew Nicks. The little champ was born to play finals football. He deserves better than Nicks, Keays, McHenry, Jones etc.

Back