Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Pick 5 and a swap of 3rd/4th round picks for Rankine was...

• Massive overs

• Moderate overs

• Slight overs

• Fair value

• Slight unders

• Moderate unders

• Massive unders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

People crying out for an A grade midfield, do we have that now with Dawson, Rankine and Soligo as our main trio? Then you have Crouch rotating through to provide some inside help and release one of Dawson or Rankine to other areas of the ground as required. Bringing in Hayward can then release Rachele into there more as well.

People crying out for an A grade midfield, do we have that now with Dawson, Rankine and Soligo as our main trio? Then you have Crouch rotating through to provide some inside help and release one of Dawson or Rankine to other areas of the ground as required. Bringing in Hayward can then release Rachele into there more as well.

Hence why if we don't snare McLuggage or LDU, then we have to try for a top end mid in this draft to go with the 3 you mention, Edwards, Taylor and, fingers crossed, Curtin at some point

There is not a single quote where I questioned how much we are paying him!

Apologise you got it very wrong... again!

I stand by that in a position of strength we should never have given up our pick 5... which should have been used on a top end midfielder... when we had plenty of other draft capital.

You cannot accept this view which is shared by many on here, yet here you are raising it again when a completely different point was being discussed on how much he was being paid.

Anyone with a semblance of intelligence would understand the difference... but not you as you would prefer to stalk me for about the 100th time to make the same repetitive point yet again.

You are such a boring poster!

If you don't have any new views, go & play with someone else...
Here you are agreeing that because we didn't pay a mid 1st for Jame Rowe we shouldn't for Rankine.......there is only one of us that needs to admit we got it wrong.....and it's YOU

LOL LOL LOL Screenshot_20240516_175246_Chrome.jpg

I think that he is an obvious answer to a question we as a supporter base have been raising for a long time and that is we need eite mids, where do we get one. The answer is right under our nose as Rankine can be that elite mid. He has everything and the burst speed and evasiveness. Play him there with and with dawson and soligo we have 3 very different and high end mids to build around.

People say, but we need rankine forward to kick the goals. I say we have others that can do the extraordinary like rachele and maybe we get Hayward too to do that. What wins grand finals???....high end mids go a long way towards it
Higher ceiling as a mid than 2 of the Powers Big 3 (JHF will be the best and likely win a B/low)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Ranks is clearly more than capable as a mid. He was making them look silly as an u18s as a mid and he does the same at AFL level. Hes got the work rate, contested game, skills and speed...

Yeah Ranks is clearly more than capable as a mid. He was making them look silly as an u18s as a mid and he does the same at AFL level. Hes got the work rate, contested game, skills and speed...
Looks like we might need to manage his workload tho. He also had a huge game v Melb last year when he pinged one late.

If he delivers us a flag, not farfetched to say he will become our best ever. McLeod and jarman are the only two who compare to him on talent

Back