Will Eagles fans conduct themselves like the embarrassing 2017 Richmond dickheads?

Remove this Banner Ad

20,000 to see you play GWS at the end of the H&A rounds in Melbourne 2017.
6 weeks later you played them again in a final at the same venue and hey presto, the G was sold out.

Same opponent, same venue, same season, 80,000 more “lifelong supporters” suddenly turn up.

So yeah, you really jump on too. :$
Do you mean 34,000?

Who would have thought more people would attend a preliminary final compared to a H&A game?

Who would have thought more people would attend a preliminary final compared to a H&A game?
I know right.

But 80,000 more tho?

For essentially the same game?

I think the word ‘bandwagon’ doesn’t quite do that justice. :$

In 2007, when the hand-bagger juggernaut won their first flag in 40 years, they drew a total of 762,000 people to their H&A games. Richmond finished last that year (with 3 wins) and drew 909,000.

In 2009, the pussies drew 826,000 in another flag year. Tigers, finishing 2nd last, drew 868,000.

I could so the same comparison for other years in which we were s**t (30 out of the last 37 years), but I couldn't be bothered.

So yeh, we really jump off.

Population of Melbourne- 5,000,000
Population of Geelong- 177,000.

Please hand in your maths degree at the nearest post office.

IN answer to OP- Eagles have had some success in living memory, so overall far less to prove than tigers. Although there is the whole West Aust chip thing. Tigers fans have been like the bullied child who learns karate- my suggestion for them in dealing with the disappointment of the prelim choke is to put some of Mr Miyagi's advice into effect next season.

"It’s ok to lose to opponent. It’s never okay to lose to fear" - Mr. Miyagi

“Man who catch fly with chopstick, accomplish anything.” - Mr. Miyagi.JPG

Last edited:
I know right.

But 80,000 more tho?

For essentially the same game?

I think the word ‘bandwagon’ doesn’t quite do that justice. :$
60,000 more d'head. Weather was a bit better and the match was slightly more important

(Log in to remove this ad.)

60,000 more d'head. Weather was a bit better and the match was slightly more important
So only 60,000 bandwagoners then..?
Wow, that sounds much better. Well done. :$

Good for a laugh this thread but it seems like the OP is conducting himself the most in a way like one of the Richmond supporters he mentions.

That is my intention

So far and we Eagles supporters are doing pretty well at taking it all in our stride. Hard to understand why Richmond fans went all ‘headless chook’ after winning 1 single flag.

The players are acting like dkhds.. wonder how many ods this time around.

It's not as if they expected to win the damn thing.

Just like Richmond 2017.

Have they come out of their bunkers yet?
Not many mate. It’s all been veeeeeery quiet on the Richmond front.

Might have to start a thread so we can get a search party together. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back