List Mgmt. CONFIRMED - Gary Rohan a Cat for pick 61

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the f**** does rohan get a two year deal where they refuse to give one to menzel?

Rohan has the same injury problems but is also completely crap.

Great point. Menzel has his issues but, when fit, has played plenty of great footy for us. He is not our problem, but is a soft target and seems to be being scape-goated by the coaching staff.

are you joking? Menzel has had FOUR knee recos and missed all or the best part of 6 out of his 9 seasons in the system. they were drafted in the same year (2009) - Menz has played 64 games, Rohan has played 106. menzel is one minor accident from the end of his career, not to mention by mid way through a season can barely even run anymore.

Fair points, but he is also a shitload better player over the journey than rohan has been, and frankly that is indisputable.

Didn't help that every 3 weeks Longmire thought up a new role for Rohan. He started as a midfielder, then went forward, became a defender, then a midfielder again before ending up up forward again.
I hope Gary enjoyed moving around the field because it’s a favourite hobby of Scott. If geelong are to improve next year settling players into positions has to happen. Picking up some players like Rohan to play a role will work if they are given a role to do.

I'm willing to give Rohan support and wish him the bol in the blue and white hoops....puff piece or what you make of it he sounds like he's positive and good to be home. Of course he gets pigeon holed by his downers but I do like his upside and liked his comment of looking fwd to getting around our big sushi demolisher Tommy Hawkins (see emma's insta story of them over in japan - family holiday )

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fair points, but he is also a shitload better player over the journey than rohan has been, and frankly that is indisputable.
Poor old Menz. Probably could have eked out a decent career a few years ago but in our current format with 'forward pressure' and 'lock in the 50' gamestyle he has probably run his race. Bit of a shame really, he's a player who,when on, brings people through the turnstyles.

Last edited:
are you joking? Menzel has had FOUR knee recos and missed all or the best part of 6 out of his 9 seasons in the system. they were drafted in the same year (2009) - Menz has played 64 games, Rohan has played 106. menzel is one minor accident from the end of his career, not to mention by mid way through a season can barely even run anymore.
Rohan is one minor accident from the end of his career. Do you not know his history? On top of that Rohan may actually already be at the end of his career. There is a very high chance he might not be good enough to get in our team just like sam blease. Menzel has a far far higher probability of being a contributor then rohan over the next two years. Menzel hasnt done a knee in 5 years. Its ridiculous to still hang that over his head compared to rohan.

Rohan is one minor accident from the end of his career. Do you not know his history? On top of that Rohan may actually already be at the end of his career. There is a very high chance he might not be good enough to get in our team just like sam blease. Menzel has a far far higher probability of being a contributor then rohan over the next two years. Menzel hasnt done a knee in 5 years. Its ridiculous to still hang that over his head compared to rohan.
Sure you're not thinking of Alex Johnson?

Poor old Menz. Probably could have eked out a decent career a few years ago but in out current format with 'forward pressure' and 'lock in the 50' gamestyle he has probably run his race. Bit of a shame really, he's a player who,when on, brings people through the turnstyles.

Has kicked twice as many goals from half the games - I know which one I’d prefer to have on the list. Can we get rid of our coach yet, it’s not menzel who has been holding us back.

(Edit: not having a crack at you by the way pollywaffle, and I do wish Gary Rohan all the best go for it son!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A real punt this, given his injury history. Going to depend on finding durability and real commitment to playing a role.
Presumably this spells the complete end of Murdoch other than perhaps rookie listed depth.

Horseshit. Name one injury he has had bar his early career broken leg, and a broken hand.

I’ve heard a lot about Rohan’s injury history. Can someone elaborate? He is quick, can tackle, can kick a goal. I see this as a win, don’t others?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Averages less then 10 touches a game over his career. Less then 0.9 goals a game and only 2.6 tackles. He cant find the ball, he doesnt kick goals and tackling isnt a speciality. But he can run like jordan murdoch,

Has kicked twice as many goals from half the games - I know which one I’d prefer to have on the list. Can we get rid of our coach yet, it’s not menzel who has been holding us back.
(Edit: not having a crack at you by the way pollywaffle, and I do wish Gary Rohan all the best go for it son!)
S'ok .
I like Menzel and what he brings. Just lamenting that a player of his calibre has such reduced currency in todays game.

Both menzel and rohan had a number of seasons destroyed by injury early in their career. In the past 3 years menzel has played more games then rohan. And at far higher standard.
We will end up with both players competing for that one spot. This is good.

I don't have a problem with this trade.
Wishful thinking perhaps but I hope Cats supporters understand we paid pick 61 for him and don't expect him to come out and have a Tim Kelly type year.
Hopefully he just plays his role and applies pressure if he is up forward or provides some run and carry if he is down back.
Good luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back