Review Cats down Blues by 13 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Duncan is such a composed decision maker and is still one of our most valuable players his set up work is underrated.

Dangerfield please stay healthy you set the tone again today and have done it many weeks a true leader.

Stanley can’t do anything better than Conway I think it’s time for him to step aside, 200 games and a premiership is well above what I or even he probably expected so hats off to him.

Atkins needs to play before MOC he is just a better player wether it’s in a defensive role or an attacking, the only way I see it viable is if he is put to tag a Bont/Cripps type that is a man mountain.
I got some bad news for ya.

At some point we will drop one... and the injuries are mounting up.

Some talk Stewy may miss another week on Fox at one point.

We will see.

Luv the club, what it does and how it gets it done.

GO Catters

Was there a Anzac Game Medallist 🏅?
Anzac Day, for our game, was completely ignored by broadcaster. Two of the oldest clubs, whose players + supporters fought + died in wars.

It seems like the club is tripling down on upping the support around clearances with the assumption we'll lose hit outs. Am I reading things wrong?

Would this be a stopgap until the reins can be handed over from Stanley to Conway? Or do folks have some different reads on what the clubs likely trajectory is with regard to stoppages?

Either way, it's lucky we have some upcoming jets around the ball who can compete. Tanner Bruhn will be our best midfielder some day. His composure at the coalface is excellent.

Did you miss the hanger in the first five minutes? Along with the goal assist?
I didn’t say he played badly or I was disappointed with his game. Just that it wasn’t overly noticeable, he just goes about his job. Classic Cuthrie, this one of the things I love about him. Super consistent, not flashy, ultimate professional.

The old rule was you’d get highlights on a Saturday evening, 45 mins of one game, generally the usual suspects, 20 of another and 10 for one which was often us. Swans and reserves every other Sunday. People who complain about the current rights are either tight arses or don’t know they’re alive.
Not all of us have enough space in the budget to have everything we would like.

I’m the only one in my household who would use Kayo if we had it. There are other things that take priority.

PS I’m old enough to remember five games on a Saturday afternoon at 2pm and one game on a Sunday. ;)

It was hesitation not based on fear of contact, but on trapping the ball. "You can have it but you aren't escaping". Maybe he misread the situation. But I am absolutely not taking that as Dempsey deciding he didn't want to be hurt. It'll be fixed up with some coaching feedback.

Dempsey's crime was missing the tackle

Not all of us have enough space in the budget to have everything we would like.

I’m the only one in my household who would use Kayo if we had it. There are other things that take priority.

PS I’m old enough to remember five games on a Saturday afternoon at 2pm and one game on a Sunday. ;)
125 for 5 months is great value.

This season feels more 2019 than 2022 to me. With this in mind it still feels different. Our transition is incredible compared to our ability to defend with the ball.

Puts us in an excellent position to be there on PF weekend. It's going to be a great year.
Our transition is a thing of beauty to watch isn’t it? So fast, so accurate, so daring. Great team to watch.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weitering was the 4th highest rated player on the ground. He had 19 disposals and took 12 marks. He took some of those marks in Carlton's forward half with Tom Hawkins watching on from some distance. Seriously, Hawkins wasn't shown any respect by his opponent who pretty much did as he wanted. So to refer to Hawkins as fulfilling his role by taking a quality defender is just not true.
The whole he was targeted 4 times line is rubbish, what about the 20 times he was completely out of position and Weitering either marked the ball or spoiled it lol, that's hardly making your man accountable.

It's starting to become really apparent how much the rest of the comp is getting sick of us fronting up and competing every year. We're becoming the New York Yankees of the AFL. I know I've said this many times yesterday, but I just can't believe how pathetic that commentary from Dunstall and King was. The whole schtick for the entire match was just "Carlton need to kick this one... Never seen a team kick so many goals from so few entires... Blues are having a rough time with the umpires... Blues should be winning this one... Need to capitalize here... Blah blah blah"
Its atrocious. And the most grinding thing for me is that Huddo and Gerard are both Geelong fans but really do such a fantastic job of covering games squarely.

Danger...pls go see Bayern Munich head doctor Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt, regarded as one of the world's leading experts in hamstring injuries. Get some calfs blood

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
That bloke's wiki is an interesting read!

...Many of the German doctor's treatments are seen as controversial, including using injections of a substance called Hyalart, extracted from the crest of cockerels, which is claimed to help lubricate knee injuries and take away the pain. He has also injected Myo-Melcain, which is the painkiller Procaine in a honey solution, or Actovegin into patients' muscles.

Müller-Wohlfahrt's use of homeopathic medicine to treat players is also controversial.

Players treated

He has treated many footballers and athletes including Jürgen Klinsmann, Ronaldo and Jonathan Woodgate, Kelly Holmes, Maurice Greene and Usain Bolt.

He helped cure Michael Owen's hamstring problems in time to play at the Euro 2000 tournament and has also helped Owen's Liverpool and England colleague, Steven Gerrard and Harry Kewell.

Darren Gough and Alex Tudor, Essex cricketers, have benefited from the German doctor's pioneering treatments. On 6 May 2009 it was announced that he was helping Akpo Sodje recover from a longstanding hamstring problem.

José María Olazábal, the 1994 US Masters golf champion was suffering from the crippling effects of rheumatoid arthritis when he visited Müller-Wohlfahrt but was able to win at Augusta again in 1999.

Rugby World Cup winner Will Greenwood is another who has benefited from the doctor's treatment after 8 months with a groin problem. Weeks later he was staking a claim to a recall to the England team.

Even international sportsmen as far away as Australia have sought treatment from Müller-Wohlfahrt – Australian rules footballers Ben Reid, Max Rooke and Mark Coughlan were treated for chronic soft tissue injuries. Likewise he has also treated professional cyclists including Stephen Roche.

One of his more unusual treatments was when St Johnstone F.C. striker Peter MacDonald was prescribed goat's blood injections in a bid to cure a recurring hamstring problem.

In 2010, he treated Bono (singer for U2) and Usain Bolt for severe back injury.

In 2012, he was given the job of repairing the hamstring of Dylan Grimes of the AFL club the Richmond Tigers.

In 2016 Usain Bolt devoted his 100 m sprint gold medal at the 2016 Olympics in Rio to Müller-Wohlfahrt, who was at the stadium, after having received treatments from him for a previous calf injury.

In 2019, he worked on Collingwood Magpie AFL Jordan De Goey in a bid to get his injured hamstring resolved in time to play in the AFL Grand Final if the team got through their penultimate match against the GWS Giants.

Hmm regarding Stanley and Conway i would play Stanley against Gawn and then bring in Conway for back to back games against Port at home with maybe no Soldo and Suns in Darwin.

Gives Stanley a 2 week break to make sure he is cherry for the middle of the year and lets us see how Conway runs out 2 games in a row.

And if Conway is playing well in both maybe give him the GWS game at home as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back