Review Cats down Bombers by 28 points - Tomma has 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people eating esava so high? He seems to be quite good at taking marks but defensive work is still quite average had 5 kicked on him in the weekend and a fair few bags this year.

It was Zach who was directing traffic, making sure matchups were as needed and the right guys dropping into the holes - he may have racked up 50 career games, but there was still fans who looked at him as being on the fringes, but in that passage he looked the general down back & a future leader of this club

Something drastic has happened with Miers - totally different player - and about 5000% better - and i wonder how he has improved so much - but that 1st half he played - youd swear it was a completely different player

The talent in young players is always visible
However most people simply don't notice it.
Just like a line ball umpire free kick is quickly forgotten
While a line ball umpire call against is long remembered
Similarly clangers are noticed because they are frustrating.
It is easy to notice when things go off script
Watching young players, hoping they win possession
Becoming disappointed if they are beaten
Keeping a mental tally of their wins and losses.

Instead try notice the things the positive things.
Are they up to AFL game pace and involved in the contest?
Their speed, skills, balance, poise, footy smarts...etc.
Attitude : Competitiveness, Determination Positive.
A special talent:- Great mark, Long kick, Fast Handball.
Especially take notice of any unexpected good surprise.
Even doing the simple things well, without any clangers
Compare against other kids and if they are improving.
Imaging if they had the senior strength and experience.
Finally ask: Can their deficiencies be overcome by hard work.

Who thinks young Riccardi is a puny kid and won't make it?

Edit: Attitude line added

Last edited:
Why are people eating esava so high? He seems to be quite good at taking marks but defensive work is still quite average had 5 kicked on him in the weekend and a fair few bags this year.
Not sure about the bags part although he did get a hiding from a hack on Sunday.

I think the defensive marks are impressive and it has been good to have a fill-in at hand while Henry has been out but I’m not getting carried away with his season.

Not sure about the bags part although he did get a hiding from a hack on Sunday.

I think the defensive marks are impressive and it has been good to have a fill-in at hand while Henry has been out but I’m not getting carried away with his season.

Just a couple of points their

Correct if im wrong - but i think they tried J Henry in a game as a key defender on one of the King bros - and he only played on him to h/time - and got absolutely slaughtered - he did not have the size and height that King had - and Esava has got that height and size

Re your 1st point - i think you are being a tad harsh on Weidaman who has allways shown some talent - plus i dont know how you can blame any defender where the forward gets a perfect pass from a team mate up field - an Weidamann got a couple like that

You can have Gary Malarkey at FB - and if the FF leads and gets a beautiful pass - the FB has got no hope

Just a couple of points their

Correct if im wrong - but i think they tried J Henry in a game as a key defender on one of the King bros - and he only played on him to h/time - and got absolutely slaughtered - he did not have the size and height that King had - and Esava has got that height and size

Re your 1st point - i think you are being a tad harsh on Weidaman who has allways shown some talent - plus i dont know how you can blame any defender where the forward gets a perfect pass from a team mate up field - an Weidamann got a couple like that

You can have Gary Malarkey at FB - and if the FF leads and gets a beautiful pass - the FB has got no hope
The view at the ground reveals much that TV doesn’t and if you keep focus on Ratugolea you see him get done on the lead because his positioning is out or he’s watching his opponent and not the ball.

And yes Weideman is a hack. Will not play another 30 AFL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back