Review Cats down Bombers by 28 points - Tomma has 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Tomma sings "Anything you can do I can do better" to Charlie Curnow and makes it past 750 goals...

we bannk 4 mire points and move to 4-3 after a 0-3 start.

More than fair effort really.

Sdk, Holmes, Miers, Close, PFD, Simpson, Henry among the best.

Bowes injury a concern if its a calf again - but it gives another player a chance.

A good win and anytime any player kicks 8 its a good day.

Even better when its one of us.

Take the points and move onto next week.

Tom Wills award won by Tomma Hawk

GO Catters

Happy for the big fella. Happy that we put away a so-called “good team” early.

We don’t want to be letting a footballing peasant like Weideman kick 5. That was a downer.

Liked tanner today-He made some blues but by gee you could see he was busting a gut as a pose to some of our guys who were soft shoeing it today. I would reward him with the next couple of games as once he finds the level he will be very good and while our midfield is undermanned we should pump games into him.

Good to see hawk in beast mode again IF we can sort out our midfield issues him and jezza will both kick 50+ this year.

Good day all round. Blew them off the park early and took the chance to rest up some older bodies and give important roles to our less experienced players.

Bruhn played almost as much game time as Danger despite coming on as sub. Close went into a few centre bounces late on. Rohan and Bowes the only worries really.

Happy for the big fella. Happy that we put away a so-called “good team” early.

We don’t want to be letting a footballing peasant like Weideman kick 5. That was a downer.

I'm more concerned with how much room we gave a bloke who was gasping for air after a 30m sprint in our defensive 50.

With an average age of 27 years one month, this is probably the youngest team we've fielded since COVID, with a short bench, it doesn't surprise me that our defensive running dropped off in the end. Injuries aside, we used the opportunity to build up depth. Essendon's Midfield is full of well regarded names. Dangerfield aside, our is definitely not, and with an on paper weak ruck group we were playing on the back foot. For the most part they stood tall.

The youngsters will learn about the required intensity and can only grow from the experience.

Last edited:
Ollie Henry got pretty busy... He looks like a very solid long-termer.

Bowes injury isn't ideal as it may keep Knevitt in the 22.

I thought Knevitt worked into the game ok but still is a couple of years away (can see him doing a Zuthrie as he matures and get stronger as a player).

Jhye Clark could be a sneaky sub-option next week (due to injuries) as Bowes & Rohan look like outs.

Probs not (re Clark sub) with Guthrie hopefully being good to go but I'm expecting him to be named in the squad for the first time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just ok in the end. Left an opportunity to improve their percentage slip. Ratugolea was hopeless. Knevitt is very slow for a wingman and gets beaten in one on ones. Bews is not going well. Hawkins kicking allowed Geelong to coast and they almost went into sleep mode in the second half. Given The Dons were coming off a 5 day break the coaches would be worried about that. Chris Scott didn't look happy and that's a good sign.

Liked tanner today-He made some blues but by gee you could see he was busting a gut as a pose to some of our guys who were soft shoeing it today. I would reward him with the next couple of games as once he finds the level he will be very good and while our midfield is undermanned we should pump games into him.

Good to see hawk in beast mode again IF we can sort out our midfield issues him and jezza will both kick 50+ this year.
To whom are you referring as Tanner like? I’ve missed something.

Dominant performance! Hawkins was enormous, literally!
Danger has gone up a level this year, captaincy is suiting him nicely!
Essendon were nowhere when the game was there to be won, cheap junk time goals at the end.
It was not a dominant performance. The Cats played one half of football again and Essendon ran rings around them in the last quarter.

Just like the WC game I couldn't care less about them kicking meaningless goals. When the game was there to be won, we smashed them then maintained about a 7-8 goal lead until nothing more than some junk time goals made it look more respectable.

I keep seeing "we can't do this against better teams", well what teams are going with this attacking juggernaut.
Good teams want to win their way which just opens things up for us.

The defence will tighten right up if/when we can get a settled lineup back there.

Totally agree. He also can play up forward giving us flexibility.

Just needs to understand where to run to get more of the ball. And take a little longer with his kicks. But it's there.

Strange game. Felt like we dominated when the going was hot, but the final margin not really reflective of that. Junk time goals pissed me off for some reason. Our percentage probably won't be an issue but we did let an opportunity slip to build on it there.

Stoked for the big Hawk to get 8. He is looking fantastic at the moment.

Superb efficiency going forward. We would love another midfielder to emerge to have an impact. We have not even gone close to replacing Selwood the player.

Bruhn, Parfitt, Bowes, Clark…..can one have a big impact in a finals push? That is only missing piece, and the return of Jack Henry obviously.

I reckon Atkins struggles when given key role in there, he is best as burst impact player. Not in main rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back