Review Cats ground Bombers by 77 point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cats flexed for 1Q and Dons were done.
Clear reminder of premiership potential.
The 2023 challenger squad is being built.
Strengthened by every inclusion hereon.
Gaining momentum as they find form.
Early subtle signs have become obvious.
Forced to play newbies now bearing fruit.
Team cohesion and growing self belief.
Bruhn: Hard and poised effective distributer
Bowes : Composed attacking defender.
O'Henry: crafty forward added defensive side
Established Cats have also improved
Atkins has developed a crocodile roll
Holmes a genuine fleet-footed line breaker
Miers has improved to reliable A-Grader
The luxury of managing players will help.
The pressure on limited spots will build.
Jezza finding form will be the finals key

Did you like JH’s shimmy last night Seeds?

I’d gif it but Kayo hobbled screen caps. 😢
I made one but the file is too big to upload. I used screen recording.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're on a PC/laptop you can use VLC media player and convert it to a smaller format
Unfortunately that kind of thing just doesn't compute with me. 😂

It's interesting we went away from Holmes and Bruhn attending many centre bounces last night.

It was Stanley, O'Connor, Atkins, Blicavs and Danger attending most of the centre bounces last night with Bruhn taking over once Danger was subbed out.

I think we're done with development this year with Holmes, Bruhn, etc taking lots of centre bounces. Holmes obviously just moves back out to a wing where he's at his best.

I didn't see where Bruhn lined up most of the night. I thought he had a good game but if he's not in our best centre bounce mix is he the one to get squeezed out if Guthrie gets back?
Interesting observation.

I think you're right about Holmes - perhaps he could be a great centre bounce player in future, but he clearly still has a bit to learn about that side of the game and his best position right now is on a wing. So for the run into finals I suspect that's where he'll spend most of his time.

As for Bruhn, I think he IS in our best centre bounce mix, along with Danger, Atkins, Blicavs and C Guthrie if/when he gets back. He's shown a hell of a lot in the last few weeks as a stoppage bull, which is amazing given his age. I hope he doesn't get dropped for Guthrie... surely there are a couple of others who'd go before him?

Bowes looks much more at home in the backline, sweeper role. Will be a handy replacement for Duncan and Tuohy.

Good list management.
Allows Duncan to have some stints in the midfield too. Just adds an extra dimension to us which we've lacked this year.

You can tell that Jack's becoming more and more comfortable as the season rolls on, he'll be even better next year.

Interesting observation.

I think you're right about Holmes - perhaps he could be a great centre bounce player in future, but he clearly still has a bit to learn about that side of the game and his best position right now is on a wing. So for the run into finals I suspect that's where he'll spend most of his time.

As for Bruhn, I think he IS in our best centre bounce mix, along with Danger, Atkins, Blicavs and C Guthrie if/when he gets back. He's shown a hell of a lot in the last few weeks as a stoppage bull, which is amazing given his age. I hope he doesn't get dropped for Guthrie... surely there are a couple of others who'd go before him?
Bruhn would be incredibly stiff to be dropped and I think the only way it happens is if Guthrie gets back to full fitness. But I could've said the same thing about Parfitt late last year and we decided to go for 1 less inside mid in finals. I think Parfitt's bad form this year has made people forget how good he was late last year.

The wildcard is O'Connor. Last night was the most obvious tag I've seen us go for in a long time. He had the most centre bounce attendances of any of our mids.

Was that a precursor to O'Connor tagging N Daicos, Neale and Butters/Rozee in a final? And if it was how does Bruhn get in the centre bounce mix if O'Connor is in there regularly and he's behind Danger, Blicavs and Atkins (and maybe Guthrie)?

Maybe the answer is he plays as a mid who only attends a few centre bounces which he seemed to do really well last night. But it's different to the role I expected him to play.

Bruhn would be incredibly stiff to be dropped and I think the only way it happens is if Guthrie gets back to full fitness. But I could've said the same thing about Parfitt late last year and we decided to go for 1 less inside mid in finals. I think Parfitt's bad form this year has made people forget how good he was late last year.

The wildcard is O'Connor. Last night was the most obvious tag I've seen us go for in a long time. He had the most centre bounce attendances of any of our mids.

Was that a precursor to O'Connor tagging N Daicos, Neale and Butters/Rozee in a final? And if it was how does Bruhn get in the centre bounce mix if O'Connor is in there regularly and he's behind Danger, Blicavs and Atkins (and maybe Guthrie)?

Maybe the answer is he plays as a mid who only attends a few centre bounces which he seemed to do really well last night. But it's different to the role I expected him to play.

I just can’t see C Guth coming back now. He’s been out too long. I’d prefer the kid play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back