List Mgmt. CONFIRMED - Gary Rohan a Cat for pick 61

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick 61 was 2 later than Ryan Gardner and 5 earlier than Buzza.

So far, not really blowing the doors off. Im kinda meh with Rohan, but he's here now and my biggest concern was the price.

That has been met in acceptable terms IMO (61) so thats a tick.

If he makes our bottom 6 ( not a dig at him but that's were I see him landing) then its a win.
And if he gets consistency, kicks some goals and plays 100% every moment of every game as has been described by Swans fans as one of his positives, then im happy to hold fire on him and support him as a Cat.

Go Catters

I'm asuming he means someone else.

Although he might be uncontracted, he hasn't been told to look elsehwere like Murdoch, Thurlow and GHS. So i'd expect him to be re-signed.

Both Jones & Simpson are our 2 current rookies where we haven't necessarily been advised of their futures

Henry & Zuthrie are being elevated, Hayball & Crameri delisted.

I remember reading late in the season about Simpson being hopeful of an extension - I wonder with both Simpson & Jones if the club is waiting until after the trade period to work out the structure of the list & if they'll offer them each a third year of the rookie list or a senior list spot

Both Jones & Simpson are our 2 current rookies where we haven't necessarily been advised of their futures

Henry & Zuthrie are being elevated, Hayball & Crameri delisted.

I remember reading late in the season about Simpson being hopeful of an extension - I wonder with both Simpson & Jones if the club is waiting until after the trade period to work out the structure of the list & if they'll offer them each a third year of the rookie list or a senior list spot
Pretty sure Simpson had agreed to an extension during the season. I seem to recall reading something along those lines.

Behind an Addy paywall if anyone has a key: https://bit.ly/2pKzQog

Is that this one:

GEELONG is close to finalising a new deal with rookie-listed winger Sam Simpson that will see him extend his stay at the Cats beyond this season.

Simpson was taken in the 2017 rookie draft with pick 53 as a father-son selection and made his senior debut last year.

That is from August 30 ahead of the VFL finals - but like with Stanley where it was mentioned about a 2-year extension, I'm yet to see anything confirmed from the club on either player

full article can be read at - https://outline.com/RAfYgA

UPDATE - just read this on afl.com.au

Unsigned: George Horlin-Smith (unrestricted free agent), Jamaine Jones, Daniel Menzel (unrestricted free agent), Jordan Murdoch, Sam Simpson, Jackson Thurlow

Simpson is reportedly close to a new deal.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-10/unsigned-your-clubs-outofcontract-players

Last edited:
Is that this one:

That is from August 30 ahead of the VFL finals - but like with Stanley where it was mentioned about a 2-year extension, I'm yet to see anything confirmed from the club on either player

full article can be read at - https://outline.com/RAfYgA

UPDATE - just read this on afl.com.au

Unsigned: George Horlin-Smith (unrestricted free agent), Jamaine Jones, Daniel Menzel (unrestricted free agent), Jordan Murdoch, Sam Simpson, Jackson Thurlow

Simpson is reportedly close to a new deal.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-10/unsigned-your-clubs-outofcontract-players

Yes, thanks. Don't get the Addy often, but I remember reading the article. Same here... have heard nada. As someone mentioned earlier, they are likely waiting to see what comes our way and could either re-rookie or upgrade. He was showing good signs pre-injury. Deserves more time.

I'm asuming he means someone else.

Although he might be uncontracted, he hasn't been told to look elsehwere like Murdoch, Thurlow and GHS. So i'd expect him to be re-signed.
No not someone else. Thats right not signed. No news as such so as you so expect probably will be offered a contract.

"Unsigned: George Horlin-Smith (unrestricted free agent), Jamaine Jones, Daniel Menzel (unrestricted free agent), Jordan Murdoch, Sam Simpson, Jackson Thurlow"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7f81cb73578c5a80d2e164d0a2b0cbf1.jpg

I should have asked him on Tuesday evening after we saw him and Zac Guthrie in the international terminal after they had been to New Zealand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’ll add some zip and flair and have a go for 6-8 weeks then he will sink into mediocrity which his career has been for all the assets he possesses. Dahlhaus & Rohan in is a similar path we’ve tracked in the last few years. Keeps us up there but not good enough at the pointy end. When are they going to delete Parsons & Murdoch??

7f81cb73578c5a80d2e164d0a2b0cbf1.jpg

I should have asked him on Tuesday evening after we saw him and Zac Guthrie in the international terminal after they had been to New Zealand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't realise they allowed unaccompanied minors on international flights ;)

Good to see our youngsters getting to experience the world

I don't like this trade what are we paying him? Anything over 300k and we're doomed.

Menzel will unlikely get interest elsewhere, so should stay a Cat again?
I hope we re-sign him, he and Rohan can compete for a spot, or replace each other when one is injured! Hopefully Menzel can re-discover his early 2018 form next year and will have added pressure to improve his defensive play as well as his obvious attributes as a medium forward. If Rohan succeeds and Menzel doesn't we can chop Dan at the end of next year.

The fact we have spuds already on our list doesn't make adding spuds from other clubs a good decision.
Well we tried bringing in JJK, Neale and gawn but it turns out that good players are much in demand and cost a high price, so you gotta work with whats available. We have struggled to keep quality smalls on the park, now we have some AFL quality depth with Dollhouse having some pretty good upside. Rohan I think will stay at his level, but thats ok for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back