Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jarryd Roughead still in play
So we become his salary dump so the Hawks can get deals done?

They pay us to take him off their hands or no deal.

How the fire truck do the Hawks get these deals done? I cannot see it. I just can’t.

In a fair and equitable system where clubs actually hold trading partners to what their players are worth they wouldn't be able to.

But I would say they (along with Essendon) have recognised the flaw in the system whereby if you can get the player to nominate you and agree to terms all the bargaining power is taken out of the other clubs hands and the other club feel compelled to get the deal done (get shafted and move on) due to the bad blood and conflict that could fester if they don't.

Its going to require the clubs to show some backbone and actually hold people to their contracts to turn the tide I feel. The AFL judging by their inaction certainly don't seem to care.

Phew

Thank god Power and the club said we would be really active.

Hate to see how boring this could get if we weren’t.

But it’s all part of the plan don’t worry guys it’s all positives today on a beautiful day

Pretty confident how bored fans get during trade period is not a consideration of the club (thank goodness!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a fair and equitable system where clubs actually hold trading partners to what their players are worth they wouldn't be able to.

But I would say they (along with Essendon) have recognised the flaw in the system whereby if you can get the player to nominate you and agree to terms all the bargaining power is taken out of the other clubs hands and the other club feel compelled to get the deal done (get shafted and move on) due to the bad blood and conflict that could fester if they don't.

Its going to require the clubs to show some backbone and actually hold people to their contracts to turn the tide I feel. The AFL judging by their inaction certainly don't seem to care.

I think we've almost reached the stage where if the players and AFLPA want clubs to be mature enough to be ok with free agency and player movement, then they in turn have to be mature enough to accept that the club can trade you to whoever offers them the best deal. If contracts mean nothing to players, why should they mean anything to clubs.

This would need the AFL to invest a lot more money investigating salary cap breaches, and strengthening those rules.

Hope isn’t something you can buy, it’s a state of mind
Yeah you can buy it. Comes in the form of merchandise and memberships. If fans of the club have no hope for it, why are they going to turn up? In an increasingly difficult financial time, if people don’t have hope, why would they pay $110 for a singlet or hundreds of dollars for a membership?

Some will always spend what they can for the love of the club. Others will spend more in good years and less in bad years. Some will go full bandwagon and only show support when things are going really well.

We reached peak membership and merchandise sales after the flag which isn’t surprising. Also not surprising is the drop off this year. The factors at play are a poor end to 2017, losing Stringer and an absolutely disastrous start to 2018. People didn’t have hope. Going into next season, as of right now, there’s even less hope.

Yeah you can buy it. Comes in the form of merchandise and memberships. If fans of the club have no hope for it, why are they going to turn up? In an increasingly difficult financial time, if people don’t have hope, why would they pay $110 for a singlet or hundreds of dollars for a membership?

Some will always spend what they can for the love of the club. Others will spend more in good years and less in bad years. Some will go full bandwagon and only show support when things are going really well.

We reached peak membership and merchandise sales after the flag which isn’t surprising. Also not surprising is the drop off this year. The factors at play are a poor end to 2017, losing Stringer and an absolutely disastrous start to 2018. People didn’t have hope. Going into next season, as of right now, there’s even less hope.

Please tell me you're not basing this on half a trade period. I know we've been in full throwing the toys out of the cot mode, but seriously.

Whatever we do, we are not a dumping ground for Hawthorn so they can get Wingard and Scully. No way.

If we could actually get something out for nothing out of it (taking zombie Roughead or Schoenmakers or whoever's contract) for picks in this draft or future ones we would be silly not to just out of spite.

I said it before but I'll say it again if Hawthorn are going to spend like drunken sailors, the answer for us not to do so as well just for the hell of it.

Why can’t we ask for Burton and keep a first.

Pick 7 plus WB third round pick - Burton and 15.

We can then trade pick 15 for a 2019 first and use the Dahl and Adams picks for West.

We then have 2 firsts for Kelly next year and bulk cap room.

Why can’t we ask for Burton and keep a first.

Pick 7 plus WB third round pick - Burton and 15.

We can then trade pick 15 for a 2019 first and use the Dahl and Adams picks for West.

We then have 2 firsts for Kelly next year and bulk cap room.
For god's sake no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back