Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can’t we ask for Burton and keep a first.

Pick 7 plus WB third round pick - Burton and 15.

We can then trade pick 15 for a 2019 first and use the Dahl and Adams picks for West.

We then have 2 firsts for Kelly next year and bulk cap room.

Dear god no.

Have you seen Ryan Burton play????????? He's not worth it (PORT ARE GETTING SO SHAFTED IT"S NOT FUNNY!)

Take pick 7 to the the draft, select another good player.

Let's not panic just cause we feel like the kid at the dance no one wants to go with.

Please tell me you're not basing this on half a trade period. I know we've been in full throwing the toys out of the cot mode, but seriously.

To be fair, a whole trade period & a half. Last year we didn’t do much to rectify the gaps in our list, a few days in & we still haven’t done anything

Dear god no.

Have you seen Ryan Burton play????????? He's not worth it (PORT ARE GETTING SO SHAFTED IT"S NOT FUNNY!)

Take pick 7 to the the draft, select another good player.

Let's not panic just cause we feel like the kid at the dance no one wants to go with.
Got to stay in the top 7 of this draft now. If anything try and move up but I certainly wouldn’t be diluting a top 7 pick.

Where is Scrag City saying Roughead/Burton/Liber/Scully/May/Hogan/Kelly/Martin will nominate us today/tomorrow/the day after? Come on SCrag, we need something to hang off, even if it's utter bullsh1t!!! :D

I think we've almost reached the stage where if the players and AFLPA want clubs to be mature enough to be ok with free agency and player movement, then they in turn have to be mature enough to accept that the club can trade you to whoever offers them the best deal. If contracts mean nothing to players, why should they mean anything to clubs.

This would need the AFL to invest a lot more money investigating salary cap breaches, and strengthening those rules.

Then the AFLPA play their trump card and the AFL will end up before the high court of Australia defending a restraint of trade case and their whole rotten house of sham contracts comes tumbling down.

It’s s prospect that absolutely terrifies them and it’s why they turn a blind eye when players walk out on what are in effect worthless contracts and why clubs end up being bent over when negotiating a trade. As we will be when we inevitably release Marcus Adams for peanuts and thins board melts down like Chernobyl.

Last edited:
It depends what becomes available or what the club has up its sleeve - if anything at all. I stand by the fact we need experience, but only if the right player is available, otherwise I am with you we head to the draft.
Got to stay in the top 7 of this draft now. If anything try and move up but I certainly wouldn’t be diluting a top 7 pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back