Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife used to work as a nurse at a hospital where moat eagles players get surgerys done.

Early on in lecras career he had a shoulder op and was cryin for his mum post surgery.

Darren glass was an absolute gentleman, very polite.

Sampi was brought into the ward in the middle of the night...got on the grog, bashed his missus and put his fist through a window.

Melbourne weather reporter who makes up for her average head with 2 other extremely impressive assets has worked her way through at minimum 5 saints players At last count.

Is she the weather reporter who the producer has to say 'Can you move to your left a little, you're obscuring Brisbane". :)

Was told this by Liam Pickering after about 200 beers at a Bayside Melbourne cricket club many moons ago:

Late 2000’s, a bunch of Geelong players were in Vegas for their post-season trip. Andrew Mackie was copping a ribbing from a few of his more senior teammates for not approaching any women, etc. They said he had to make an effort with the next decent-looking woman who walked into the bar. A blonde 10 walks in so over goes Mackie. The others can’t hear what’s going on as they’re down the other end of the bar. Within two minutes, Mackie and the 10 leave the bar together and they don’t see him for about a day. When they see him next, he mentioned to the guys that she said she was married but her husband was constantly cheating on her so she was having some of her own fun. They then informed him that she was Elin Nordegren, Tiger Woods’ missus. He had no idea who she was.
This incident happened years before all the Tiger cheating business came out.

No idea if Pickering was making this up just to impress a group of young guys at a cricket club piss up but I thoroughly enjoyed the tale.

Was told this by Liam Pickering after about 200 beers at a Bayside Melbourne cricket club many moons ago:

Late 2000’s, a bunch of Geelong players were in Vegas for their post-season trip. Andrew Mackie was copping a ribbing from a few of his more senior teammates for not approaching any women, etc. They said he had to make an effort with the next decent-looking woman who walked into the bar. A blonde 10 walks in so over goes Mackie. The others can’t hear what’s going on as they’re down the other end of the bar. Within two minutes, Mackie and the 10 leave the bar together and they don’t see him for about a day. When they see him next, he mentioned to the guys that she said she was married but her husband was constantly cheating on her so she was having some of her own fun. They then informed him that she was Elin Nordegren, Tiger Woods’ missus. He had no idea who she was.
This incident happened years before all the Tiger cheating business came out.

No idea if Pickering was making this up just to impress a group of young guys at a cricket club piss up but I thoroughly enjoyed the tale.
I want this to be true. I'm choosing to believe it haha

My yr12 english teacher was best mates with Mark Evens.
He said during the draft camp in 2004 the media was there to see Brett Deledio as he was obviously going to go number 1.
A young Buddy walked over and said to the media "I'm Buddy Franklin. Remember me" then walked off.

Not a big rumour but it shows how much confidence the young guy had.

Jeff Sarau.
This guy was like a 2000s, maybe late 90s Saints player. Very well known to pretty well known, so like a 150 gamer at least. I just cannot remember the name for the life of me. I'm sure it's easy to find out who got a high profile gig on the Peninsula after playing.

An ex West aussie test cricketer during shield games would go to one of the empty corporate boxes and meet up with one of the more prominent female news readers of the day during lunch breaks.
Pretty sure both parties work for fox sports/fox cricket now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure both parties work for fox sports/fox cricket now.

I imagine we are talking about Julian.

Who Warnie still claims to be the absolute GOAT on the prowl back in the day.

Managed to marry into a family fortune of $400m +

BJ has the ageless movie star gene, compare him to Mark Waugh, Damien Fleming Andrew Symonds etc

Correct, has no need to work but happy to sit on the couch at Fox Cricket and earn a few dollars.

Brendan Julian and Christina Morrisey?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That could be true as well but the one I heard was with a sports presenter who worked for channel 10 and now does stuff for Fox Sports/Fox Footy and bit of radio over here in Perth.

A fishy flamboyant commentator from the 90's was a well known frequenter of the Beach Rd public toilets as a midnight fluffer for years.

My yr12 english teacher was best mates with Mark Evens.
He said during the draft camp in 2004 the media was there to see Brett Deledio as he was obviously going to go number 1.
A young Buddy walked over and said to the media "I'm Buddy Franklin. Remember me" then walked off.

Not a big rumour but it shows how much confidence the young guy had.
Reminds me of Jake Stringer, who always knew he was talented.

After training in the u15s one of the coaches walked over and said "Jake, you're not as good as you think you are"
Jake responded with "Yes I am" and walked off.

An old mate of mine was a Geelong player who was still in awe of what Gazza Snr could do on the football field, even some of the stuff he'd pull at training. Also said he didn't pay for petrol for about 2 years.

Gaz would drive into a servo, fill up, then walk up to the counter and say I'm Gary Ablett, sorry forgot my wallet. The starstruck attendants would just let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back