Position 2019 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does everyone realise ...Gawn and Grundy have the same Bye Round 13

I don't get why people bring this up.
It's the same as any other position, would you not pick Fyfe and Tmitch because they have the same bye?

You still have 20 other spots to fill in the ground to make up your 18 scorers.

I don't get why people bring this up.
It's the same as any other position, would you not pick Fyfe and Tmitch because they have the same bye?

You still have 20 other spots to fill in the ground to make up your 18 scorers.
All other positions we can plan for reserves to fill the holes .... but the R3 rarely plays, so IMHO your at more of a disadvantage

I've narrowed mine down to:

Gawn - Not a massive fan of paying that much for him or Grundy (looking like an upgrade target at the moment, historically the top 2-5 players in most positions drop to an affordable price fairely quickly). Also cautious of the Preuss-effect.

Goldstein - No Preuss makes him a much more interesting prospect. Proven performer and NM have added to their midfield, so looms as a likely starter in my team.

Nankervis - Has been extremely serviceable in my teams over the last few years. Could turn him into a Gawn/Grundy fairly quickly.

Mumford - I do understand he has a ban for the first couple games IIRC. Other than that, another proven performer that should return to his best. Watchlist for JLT.

Z. Clarke - Effectively becomes Essendon's 2nd choice ruck and at $142,600 for a player who has been extremely serviceable in the past, he's hard to ignore for that R3 spot. If only he had DPP, I'd easily have him somewhere between F5 and F8.

Sweet - Pretty much my locked at R3 for me. You always need that captain loophole, WB have the equal most Sunday games. Unless there's like no decent rookies somewhere else on the ground where I can do the loophole elsewhere, then he'll likely be in my starting team.

All other players are rather awkwardly priced for my liking, someone like a Stef Martin will drop in price fairly quickly. Some players are out of the question due to various teams utilising dual ruck formations, or teams with dud midfields, etc.
nice post
gold coast play sunday the first 6 games straight.
i reckon after that you should have a dohnut elsewhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had Stef the year before and Archie killed his scoring, Fagasaurus only played Arch for 6 game block and in that time he only averaged 87. His average over the last 5 years is about 105.
**** gave up on the Archie experiment last year and only played him 3 times.
Yep ....McInerny became the favored 2nd Ruck, 16 games in 2018 .....but still little impact on Martin

I still believe with a quicker game in 2019 ....there'll be a reluctance for a 2nd genuine Ruck

Yep ....McInerny became the favored 2nd Ruck, 16 games in 2018 .....but still little impact on Martin

I still believe with a quicker game in 2019 ....there'll be a reluctance for a 2nd genuine Ruck
So you picking Stef then?
Has better mids at his feet this year, but the same could be said for Goldy.
You see him as a better pick over Goldy?
He's 20/30K over his price and a year or 2 older.

Both goldy n stef

Martin will be 33 YO this year ......His Price for R2 is $140K more than Kruezer, and I have this feeling Kruezer could have a good year, under the new fitness supremo

Who's this new fitness supremo you talk of?
Does he have any Olivia Newton John?
Carlton have pulled off a major coup by persuading Hawthorn's fitness and conditioning guru Andrew Russell to join the Blues.

Viewed as one of the AFL's elite fitness and conditioning bosses, Russell will run Carlton's high performance program for the 2019 season.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ss-and-conditioning-guru-20181007-p5088c.html

By early training reports he already has over 7 blokes on different individual programs he tailored himself to get the most out of their body for the season and stay healthy.

Kruezer was No.1 priority as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back