Training 2019 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Play on at all costs. was just non stop movement.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably not how we actually expect to play in-season (except in short bursts) - but a good way to improve fitness during preseason and get the players used to executing quickly and under duress.

Was good to go to training today - though, was a bit miffed it started quite early. I got there before the advertised time of 10 and they were in full swing already. Can't be arsed looking back in the thread to find the post again, but someone mentioned LOB didn't train - I definitely saw him out there. Bit of running, some goal kicking. Not sure about match sim. Off the top of my head the only ones I didn't see out there at all were Levi and Kreuz, not 100% sure about Charlie and Lobbe. Setterfield, Owies, Schumacher, Stocker I only noticed doing runs.

McGov and Fas looked pretty good, as did Harry. Fisher looked great. Noticed Daisy getting his calf strapped at some point but he was back out there afterwards so I assume the club isn't overly worried about it. Walsh looked pretty comfortable out there. Willo and Lebois looked a lot quicker than I remember. They played Phillips up forward a bit when TDK was in the ruck, and Kerr down back. Kerr has a very bad haircut.

Was good to go to training today - though, was a bit miffed it started quite early. I got there before the advertised time of 10 and they were in full swing already. Can't be arsed looking back in the thread to find the post again, but someone mentioned LOB didn't train - I definitely saw him out there. Bit of running, some goal kicking. Not sure about match sim. Off the top of my head the only ones I didn't see out there at all were Levi and Kreuz, not 100% sure about Charlie and Lobbe. Setterfield, Owies, Schumacher, Stocker I only noticed doing runs.

McGov and Fas looked pretty good, as did Harry. Fisher looked great. Noticed Daisy getting his calf strapped at some point but he was back out there afterwards so I assume the club isn't overly worried about it. Walsh looked pretty comfortable out there. Willo and Lebois looked a lot quicker than I remember. They played Phillips up forward a bit when TDK was in the ruck, and Kerr down back. Kerr has a very bad haircut.
Fwiw Kerr's hair was magnificent.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Quick Report.

Not a hugely intense session. Bit of running and game simulation. Few moments of intensity but went about 70-80%. Apparently fairly leg weary after big week.

More put on for crowd I reckon.

Some really smart passages of play and some December rust. A number of players didn’t train or play. We have a few niggly injuries at the moment

Stand outs

Garlett
Bugg
Kennedy
Weitering
Walsh
TDK doing ruck work

Small sample. Early days but lots to like except injuries

PS that O’Brien kid led the 200m sprints

Last edited:

Glad I didn't turn up to training today ...

You would have stolen my Chanel bag. :p

Thanks for the report Bluella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly I love cuningham but the kick I was referring to had nothing to do with what you’re saying, just a poor decision under very little pressure.
Hey it’s December so let’s relax but I’d still like to see better decision making. FWIW Cripps’s decision making was as good as any time during the last season
When’s the old scoreboard going to join in?

Better than an ACL i guess in terms of time frame.

In terms of structural strength going forward I assume it's also less of a concern?
Dunno about that,it is very difficult to fully recover from a ruptured patella. Michael Long had the same injury and was never the same again and never played regularly again and never at the same level.

Dunno about that,it is very difficult to fully recover from a ruptured patella. Michael Long had the same injury and was never the same again and never played regularly again and never at the same level.

Would it be accurate to assume a player like Pickett (reliant on pace and agility) is likely to experience more significant lingering effects than a player like Docherty?

Would it be accurate to assume a player like Pickett (reliant on pace and agility) is likely to experience more significant lingering effects than a player like Docherty?
A patella tendon injury is something you never really recover from 100%, it’s the type of injury that you know is always there , you’re reminded when climbing a flight of stairs for example. The injured knee will never be as strong as the good one. Really unfortunate but I think it’s a long road back for him.

A patella tendon injury is something you never really recover from 100%, it’s the type of injury that you know is always there , you’re reminded when climbing a flight of stairs for example. The injured knee will never be as strong as the good one. Really unfortunate but I think it’s a long road back for him.
So is there a chance he will not play a game next year?

At the end of training, Bolts & some players walked across to us & i let out 3 loud “da dada da dar’s “ & everyone just looked at me like i was strange. Found it strange myself that no one joined in.. probably forgotten the words.

But you ARE strange, Vinny :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back