Training 2019 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Only practice now but all good.
Football IQ is supreme. Glides beautifully across the ground. Not slow. That's a joke.
Good to hear, really looking forward to seeing him play round 1 :thumbsu: .

Have not seen a more impressive first year player at this point in time of the year before.
Walsh is amazing

Agree. You need to see him close up against men to see how good he actually is. Cannot ever remember seeing a draftee more comfortable at this level. Looks like a 100 game player.

Have no doubt he will play round one and play in the middle.

Solid training session today and a step or two up from last week.
Also good to see mids vs mids, ruck contests, full ground drills, albeit playing only one half of the ground, with around 15 or so players.
Focus on ball movement and bringing the ball into the middle before the last kick into the forward line, suggests a possible more attacking game forthcoming.
I'll again only raise the standout things to me and maybe a few points of difference:

Very pleased to see McKay contest well in the ruck.
Used his body favourably, held his ground and given he was pitted up against our primary talls (No TDK involvement, who left the ground early), he did more than enough to show we may have a valuable second ruck on our hands and not simply a filler. No fooling around either. Looked (was made to look) very serious.

Kennedy impressed again. This is not the same Kennedy we saw last year.
Amazing how a little (?) injury can make one look second rate. Lateral movement, strength and power in the first step looked good.
Kennedy has to come into my starting 22 and have to take Setterfield out...for now.

Walsh. I know...Walsh, Walsh, Walsh, but seriously, he's hard to ignore.
What I liked to see most though was after a tackle that brought Casboult down, he was clearly in pain. Corky?
Limped around a little, walked around the edge of the other players and prepared himself for the next tackle, in which he brought Casboult down again.
The rest has been said and we'll simply have to wait and see what he's like in the real stuff.

Phillips. Always looks good through pre-seasons and then finds it hard to get onto the park in the season proper. It's a pity.
His ground work was of a very high standard today and picked up the ball off the deck, better than some of our smalls and mids.
Contested well in the ruck duels and ran harder and faster than his group of four.

JSilvagni & Polson presented very well today and were heavily involved in most things.
Not everything was of the highest standard, except for the efforts. Jack also trained with the mids. Interesting.

Talk about Silvagnis, Ben is intriguing to me.
His training standard is very good. Marks well, contests well, kicks well enough.
Looked better than last week to me. Is that how things are going to open up? Have we hidden him to our advantage? He's a funny one.

Anyone not putting ECurnow, Murphy or Thomas in their starting 22 is doing it wrong.
Ed was a beast today (isn't he always?), Murphy used very well and looks 5 years younger and Thomas....well, he's Thomas.

Dow was unfortunately quite sloppy today though. Maybe just an off day.
Finbar. We have a long way to go, but no problem there.

Williamson did come off early and looked a bit upright walking off. Can't assume anything but it didn't look great.

Goddard and Setterfield got involved in the main drills at times.
McGovern just some kick to kick with a trainer.
Marchbank must have run a mini marathon today. Looks in great shape.
Lang just couldn't keep up with Caleb. Tried but got lost and eventually moved on.
Plowman has changed body shape and looks in ripping condition.
Charlie being Charlie.....which is a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid training session today and a step or two up from last week.
Also good to see mids vs mids, ruck contests, full ground drills, albeit playing only one half of the ground, with around 15 or so players.
Focus on ball movement and bringing the ball into the middle before the last kick into the forward line, suggests a possible more attacking game forthcoming.
I'll again only raise the standout things to me and maybe a few points of difference:

Very pleased to see McKay contest well in the ruck.
Used his body favourably, held his ground and given he was pitted up against our primary talls (No TDK involvement, who left the ground early), he did more than enough to show we may have a valuable second ruck on our hands and not simply a filler. No fooling around either. Looked (was made to look) very serious.

Kennedy impressed again. This is not the same Kennedy we saw last year.
Amazing how a little (?) injury can make one look second rate. Lateral movement, strength and power in the first step looked good.
Kennedy has to come into my starting 22 and have to take Setterfield out...for now.

Walsh. I know...Walsh, Walsh, Walsh, but seriously, he's hard to ignore.
What I liked to see most though was after a tackle that brought Casboult down, he was clearly in pain. Corky?
Limped around a little, walked around the edge of the other players and prepared himself for the next tackle, in which he brought Casboult down again.
The rest has been said and we'll simply have to wait and see what he's like in the real stuff.

Phillips. Always looks good through pre-seasons and then finds it hard to get onto the park in the season proper. It's a pity.
His ground work was of a very high standard today and picked up the ball off the deck, better than some of our smalls and mids.
Contested well in the ruck duels and ran harder and faster than his group of four.

JSilvagni & Polson presented very well today and were heavily involved in most things.
Not everything was of the highest standard, except for the efforts. Jack also trained with the mids. Interesting.

Talk about Silvagnis, Ben is intriguing to me.
His training standard is very good. Marks well, contests well, kicks well enough.
Looked better than last week to me. Is that how things are going to open up? Have we hidden him to our advantage? He's a funny one.

Anyone not putting ECurnow, Murphy or Thomas in their starting 22 is doing it wrong.
Ed was a beast today (isn't he always?), Murphy used very well and looks 5 years younger and Thomas....well, he's Thomas.

Dow was unfortunately quite sloppy today though. Maybe just an off day.
Finbar. We have a long way to go, but no problem there.

Williamson did come off early and looked a bit upright walking off. Can't assume anything but it didn't look great.

Goddard and Setterfield got involved in the main drills at times.
McGovern just some kick to kick with a trainer.
Marchbank must have run a mini marathon today. Looks in great shape.
Lang just couldn't keep up with Caleb. Tried but got lost and eventually moved on.
Plowman has changed body shape and looks in ripping condition.
Charlie being Charlie.....which is a good thing.
Cheers. Great to hear the Kennedy wrap... I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do this year. He's firmly entrenched in the 22 for mine, would argue there's a good chance he lines up in the square for round 1. Reckon he makes old Moody eat his words.

Plow, Charlie, Harry, Walsh, Murph, Ed, Thomas... tick. There were some comments recently about Marchbank perhaps not being fully fit as not in full training yet. Sounds like he's at least got a bit of a tank which makes me worry less about round 1.

It's s**t.
Go to write a few words and hundreds pop out before I know it.

It's good that there are others putting more detailed observations out there. I don't like typing. :)

It's good.

Agree about Kennedy Walsh & Phillips. Dow has just rejoined skills/full training so might be a bit off with his touch. Looks in great nick though.
BSOS is definitely intriguing

Murphy looks awesome

Cheers Harks any thoughts on

FISHER
SPS
LOB

If not all good

Loved the write up

Fisher always looks good even though he was also a little sloppy on two occasions that I observed.
We know he has the tricks and look forward to watching match-sim, where he'll likely stand out more.

I could almost write the same about SPS. We've mentioned that his physical shape is outstanding right now and we know he has tricks to burn.
Doesn't really stand out on the track to me somehow, but that's not to say he's not doing things well, because he is.

Just tend to write up about things that have a slightly different flavour to the usual, if you know what I mean....except for CCurnow. He always stands out in the way Andrew Walker used to. Just too hard to ignore and his high marking in the wet today was excellent.

LOB? I don't recall much of him and now that you've mentioned it I don't recall Schumacher either.
I don't know why not. Did LOB have a bandage on his right calf?
I had the same difficulty last week with the same two players when they're wearing caps and from a distance, I don't yet know which is which and you can add Newman to that group, although I now have him pegged. It may be a leftie thing. :)

Some players tend to not jump out at you on the track, yet fire up in proper match-sim and practice games and vice-versa.
Of the newer players Bugg looked quite good to me today, spearing a few passes to team-mates on the run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back