Training 2019 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry

Most of my posts are opinion. On this one I have neither the answer or the opinion. I just hope he makes it. Be great to see a Silvagni or 3 running around in Navy Blue and in a successful era
One forward, one back and one in the middle. Two Stephens and a Serge.

It is amazing how these blokes with poor endurance manage to improve at AFL level, it is almost as if training at a professional level instead of at a TAC cup level around your other commitments is a real benefit in this area.

I get the feelingno matter what the draft pick swap is we won't lose on the trade.

I’m not disagreeing with you, he looked good today, and did a lot of work.
But there was a range of players coming second to Ed. They take it in turns trying to beat him, then are at the back of the group for a few.
The following g all came second:
JSOS, Daisy, Stocker, Walsh & Fisher.
Ed sees them all off easily, he speeds up if they are close. JSOS was the most consistent around him, with Walsh always being top 4.

Stocker did also have a lot of breaks throughout training, speaking with coaches, getting extra water etc.

Either way, no one unfit would have survived today. That last 45 minutes was gruelling. A constant rotation of 200’s, pressured ball use, suicide equivalents and ball movement.
It was great seeing players out their head down and keep pushing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m not disagreeing with you, he looked good today, and did a lot of work.
But there was a range of players coming second to Ed. They take it in turns trying to beat him, then are at the back of the group for a few.
The following g all came second:
JSOS, Daisy, Stocker, Walsh & Fisher.
Ed sees them all off easily, he speeds up if they are close. JSOS was the most consistent around him, with Walsh always being top 4.

Stocker did also have a lot of breaks throughout training, speaking with coaches, getting extra water etc.

Either way, no one unfit would have survived today. That last 45 minutes was gruelling. A constant rotation of 200’s, pressured ball use, suicide equivalents and ball movement.
It was great seeing players out their head down and keep pushing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The finish was just brutal wasn't it?

Dale Thomas

Crap kicking and decision making is a hall mark of his game and on display today. But you can't deny him putting his body in good spots in defense, he's hard at it. Looks leaner too, but will continue to frustrate but he's what the young group need.

Great Report Kruzering

Just on this comment that I see a bit. This year we need to get passed this theory. We have enough experience/leadership now and a lot of the younger players are ready to step up as they are in their 3rd or 4th years. Players like Thomas need to earn their spot on form NOT because we need the experience.

Most best 22's have Cripps Kruezer Murphy Curnow Plowman Newman McGovern etc. That is easily enough and the younger group are very mature

Those days are now gone and so are the excuses.

Samo just looks very fit to me. A whole new fit maturing player. I reckon he'll have his old junior zip back this year after looking quite heavy on his feet(relatively) the last 18 months.

Excited to see what he will produce now. In my Top 3 "watches" this year.
Yep. Same here.
SPS, Weitering and Cuningham for me.

Get those three guys firing this year and the pieces around them make ever so much more sense.
Top 3 for me are Samo, Kennedy, Gov and Willo. Really positive about how those 3 can improve our side.

*let's not nitpick how my 3 turned into 4:)
Seems a few are excited by sps... My top 3 are SPS Weits and fasolo/ Plowman

Reckon the impact could be large

My 'top 5' might be SPS, Kennedy, Weitering, Plow & Fish. Guys I really want to see step up and take control of games this year. All more or less in that 'breakout candidate' age/experience bracket (Plow probably a bit above that but still reckon he's due, especially considering the nick he's in).

Honorable mentions to Dow, O'Brien, Walsh, Cuningham, Jack, McGovern, Fasolo, Newman, Willo, Macreadie. Then there's the old favourites Cripps, Murph, Kreuz, Simmo, the Curnows, Harry, Marchbank and I'll chuck Daisy in there too.

Realistically, I probably should just give y'all my top 44...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some other observations from today.....saw de Koning miss a sitter hitting up a short pass. Swore, then turned and buried his opponent who had taken the loose ball and came up with the crumb. I liked it.

Agree with the positive posts on J Sosos.....seemed to becoming much more natural in the middle getting his hands free dishing it out to a clear runner. Also showed the trademark desperation getting to the man with the ball to spoil or pressure.

McKay is great to watch...really grown into his body....the size of the bloke is awesome but he has fantastic agility to go with it. I saw him rove his own ruckwork and snap a goal over his shoulder. I'm not sure about his set shot kicking....seems to get it through most of the time but I reckon he will have some days where he gets the yips...

Plowman looks so fit. I wonder if he might be ready for some stints in the middle?

Training report

Polson

Looks a class below, too short and not enough speed or tricks...Were my thoughts until the match sim

He was best on, kicked 2 goals, set up 2 goals and had 3 meaning bursts through the midfield in the first half and continued strongly in the second half. He was like a Marc Murphy clone

This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back