Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't going to mention it, but thanks for the kind words today BringouttheGimp
PS: There's no such thing as an anonymous PM 😉

Wasn't going to mention it re.. but my charm is not immediately noticed by some.. and thanks for your kind words as well re.. you're a great re

If last night they gave David Cloke life membership with his son, I’d have thought it would be a nice touch and both deserving of such recognition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice sentiment. But does DC qualify ?
I'm not sure what the "rules" are for this now, but e.g. Phil Carman (66 games, 4 seasons) was awarded life membership by Collingwood a few years back:
https://forever.collingwoodfc.com.au/life-membership/

The Collingwood Football Club first awarded Honorary Life Membership in 1901.

The award was introduced to recognise the outstanding contribution of those players who had played more than 10 years with the club, and also those officials, support staff, trainers and administrators who had given exceptional service.

I'm not sure what the "rules" are for this now, but e.g. Phil Carman (66 games, 4 seasons) was awarded life membership by Collingwood a few years back:
https://forever.collingwoodfc.com.au/life-membership/

The Collingwood Football Club first awarded Honorary Life Membership in 1901.

The award was introduced to recognise the outstanding contribution of those players who had played more than 10 years with the club, and also those officials, support staff, trainers and administrators who had given exceptional service.

Hhhmmm... lets just say the rules have a degree of flexibility. I'd have voted for DC before PC...

Hhhmmm... lets just say the rules have a degree of flexibility. I'd have voted for DC before PC...
Looks like they do still have rules!

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-02-13/four-pies-get-life

Phil Carman may have only spent four years in the black and white jumper, but he remains very much a hero in the eyes of those who watched him in his prime during the 1970s.

In 2012, the Life Membership Sub-Committee decided that all Copeland Trophy winners should be awarded Life Membership, such is the importance of the coveted award.

On Wednesday, Carman was the first of seven such players who have not received Life Membership to be recognised.

Looks like they do still have rules!

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-02-13/four-pies-get-life

Phil Carman may have only spent four years in the black and white jumper, but he remains very much a hero in the eyes of those who watched him in his prime during the 1970s.

In 2012, the Life Membership Sub-Committee decided that all Copeland Trophy winners should be awarded Life Membership, such is the importance of the coveted award.

On Wednesday, Carman was the first of seven such players who have not received Life Membership to be recognised.

Lucky Phil....

How desperate am I for some footy?

Spent an hour today going over tram/train timetables in anticipation of going to the practice match against Melb tomorrow.

Rang a friend and asked whether she was interested in going, she said 'yes but isn't it next week'?:$

Bit disappointed that the annual intraclub night game of mid to late February seems to have been consigned to the dustbin of history.

I've been to the last four (three?) at Olympic Park, and with the warm night, the sun setting, the players playing footy, the fans happy and jovial, the club handing out freebies, the Social Club Bar actually open, autographs and selfies with players at the end...it was great fun but apparently is no more.

I understand the coaches preference for a scratch match, as a better way to test out plays and positions. But maybe less fun for the fans, and on a week day too, so hard for those who work.

Whinge, whinge, whinge

Take it all back. There is a season launch and open training session at the Holden Centre on Sat 3 March. The club obviously read my post above, and agreed with me.

Whinge, whinge, whinge

Take it all back. There is a season launch and open training session at the Holden Centre on Sat 3 March. The club obviously read my post above, and agreed with me.
You hold great sway down magpie way.

Even the players are wary of stuffing up with their hair.

Apparently the only players that may be inclined to risk your hair wrath are: Ben Reid, James Aish (this season), Travis Varcoe and for different reasons Chris Mayne (because he’s such a decent man he knows you will accept his curls).

You hold great sway down magpie way.

Even the players are wary of stuffing up with their hair.

Apparently the only players that may be inclined to risk your hair wrath are: Ben Reid, James Aish (this season), Travis Varcoe and for different reasons Chris Mayne (because he’s such a decent man he knows you will accept his curls).
Hey Saintly found this and thought you might like it.:)

2019-02-13_001028.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back