Game Day Port Adelaide FC 2019 Intra-Club

Who will crush their enemies, see them driven before them and hear the lamentation of the women?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The moment of this match for me was Dougal Howard sprinting flat out for 40m to get to a ball ahead of an opponent (I think it was Motlop), picking it up and being composed enough to deliver it to a teammate.

It was a fantastic effort.

The moment of this match for me was Dougal Howard sprinting flat out for 40m to get to a ball ahead of an opponent (I think it was Motlop), picking it up and being composed enough to deliver it to a teammate.

Dooogs is an exciting one, could really become one of top CHBs in the game.

I think it was Powell-Pepper that Howard burned off. We had set up one of those Josh the Goose goals Chad talked about, but Dougal was way too quick for SPP.

The moment for me was seeing Butters get flattened by Big Billy, before getting up and shoving him. Billy then proceeded to hit Pudney unfairly late, and then finally about 2 minutes later when Billy had the ball, Butters put 100% into trying to square up and knock Billy over.

Butters ran 30m full tilt, lined him up for the bump and smashed into him. You could literally see Butters eyes light up when he realised here was his opportunity for a square up. He gave Billy a bit of lip after the bump too. Loved it. The good old fashioned square up.

I just loved that attitude. Nearly the smallest guy on the park, saying to the biggest guy I'm not going to take that s**t and trying to smash him back.

Last edited:

It was SPP he beat in the foot face. Douglas Howard is ******* fast. Looked like SPP was jogging, and he sure as hell wasn't.

Dougal has had a next level pre-season, but hasn't got the media coverage. It's all been about SPP. Dougals improvement has actually been bigger than SPPs based on the numbers, but he literally spoke to the high performance guys and made sure it was all about SPP as he didn't want to ruin the guys hugely improved groove.

Watch this space farken. He's gonna murder it.

It was SPP he beat in the foot face. Douglas Howard is ******* fast. Looked like SPP was jogging, and he sure as hell wasn't.

Dougal has had a next level pre-season, but hasn't got the media coverage. It's all been about SPP. Dougals improvement has actually been bigger than SPPs based on the numbers, but he literally spoke to the high performance guys and made sure it was all about SPP as he didn't want to ruin the guys hugely improved groove.

Dougal needs to improve. He made way too many mistakes last year. I hope you are right.

The whole concept of ranking a list 3 years from now just seems completely pointless.

Exactly. I wonder where he would've had our 2019 list ranked if he'd written the article at the beginning of 2015? It's total quackery.

I think it was Powell-Pepper that Howard burned off. We had set up one of those Josh the Goose goals Chad talked about, but Dougal was way too quick for SPP.
I remember that, it was a fantastic spectacle. Damn, I should have put it in my report. But then I guess you almost had to be there to see how well SPP was playing to appreciate that passage of play.

The moment for me was seeing Butters get flattened by Big Billy, before getting up and shoving him. Billy then proceeded to hit Pudney unfairly late, and then finally about 2 minutes later when Billy had the ball, Butters put 100% into trying to square up and knock Billy over.

Butters ran 30m full tilt, lined him up for the bump and smashed into him. You could literally see Butters eyes light up when he realised here was his opportunity for a square up. He gave Billy a bit of lip after the bump too. Loved it. The good old fashioned square up.

I just loved that attitude. Nearly the smallest guy on the park, saying to the biggest guy I'm not going to take that s**t and trying to smash him back.

Was right in front of me. Was excellent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. I wonder where he would've had our 2019 list ranked if he'd written the article at the beginning of 2015? It's total quackery.
I can see what he's thinking though. No outsider really knows about the juniors coming through at other teams, just the senior players, and we're set to lose Ryder, Dixon, Boak, Gray, Ebert, Westhoff, Hartlett, etc, over the next few years. So clearly he's just thinking about that.

If our kids don't develop well he could be right, but we're all pretty confident Hayes in ruck, Marshall up forward, Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Dougal and Clurey, DBJ, SPP, etc, will all develop well.

I wish our coaches didn’t feel the need to single out their favourite players. Not sure what good it does.

Creates competition for the affections of the Alpha Bro.

I wish our coaches didn’t feel the need to single out their favourite players. Not sure what good it does.

Seriously? Chad and Bass were talking about how courageous and feisty Butters is for such a lightly built player and Chad said with a laugh Yeah I have a new favourite player. All he was doing was recognising Zak's competitiveness.

But seriously, declaring you have a favourite player is normal to me. I bet many players share the affection too because of what Butters brings.

It reminded me of Rocky 3 when Apollo and Rocky are racing on the beach.

Eye of the Tiger, mother*ers.

ahahaha I just realised I typed "foot face" and I giggled out loud at work.

Disappointed no one has caught it yet
Douglas Howard, 2019 pre season foot face winner.

Howard has pace, very often top 3 for pace reaches on the Telstra gameday tracker
His elite speed was one of the reasons why we drafted him. This is his 2014 Inside Football draft profile.

1550456809363.png

But seriously, declaring you have a favourite player is normal to me. I bet many players share the affection too because of what Butters brings.
Yep. Nothing wrong with letting the whole team know what characteristics the coaches like. It is a great way to get more of it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back