Draft Profile Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Just spent 5 minutes having a quick search. Unless I have them on ignore, it's pretty much only me.

What about all the Melbourne supporters making fools of themselves trying to denigrate Parish? Oh wait that's still happening...
Ambrosia

That Melbourne have an excellent and consistent record of either drafting trash, or making players in to trash; and for that reason trying to score interwebz wins by trying to troll a player who’s actually become a best 22 player is a bit, well, stupid as *?

That if you're having a chuckle over a "bust" (although, Parish has performed far better than the aforementioned to date), surely those players I listed deserve to have everybody else in hysterics. Glass houses and stones, my friend.

That Melbourne have an excellent and consistent record of either drafting trash, or making players in to trash; and for that reason trying to score interwebz wins by trying to troll a player who’s actually become a best 22 player is a bit, well, stupid as ****?
Start a thread about it, Son.

It doesn't belong here.

Please familiarise yourself with the DTFA board rules and understand them before continuing to post on this board. In particular;

- Don't insult posters, don't insult teams.
- Off topic comments about other teams.

I know it's the off-season, but that doesn't mean it's a free for all. Quit acting like dicks or you'll find yourself with a warning, a thread ban, possibly some infraction points and a holiday.

Parish is a dud. Small, slow, outside and vanilla.

He's more than serviceable IMO, and it's not as though many pure midfielders drafted after him have been any better. Jacob Hopper? Matthew Kennedy? Ben Keays? Keiran Lovell?

Would think 20 touches a game since your debut season is pretty good, and he'll end up a 150-200+ game player. A lot of draftees never play a senior game let alone that.

He's more than serviceable IMO, and it's not as though many pure midfielders drafted after him have been any better. Jacob Hopper? Matthew Kennedy? Ben Keays? Keiran Lovell?

Would think 20 touches a game since your debut season is pretty good, and he'll end up a 150-200+ game player. A lot of draftees never play a senior game let alone that.

Yeah it was a shallow draft for mids. Suprised Parish has garnered so much interest from opposition supporters.

Some very rich comments coming from some Melbourne supporters in here regarding unsuccesful high draft picks. Parish is entrenched in our best 22, by this stage of their careers Cale Morton and Jimmy Toumpas had already left the club.

It's pretty unfair to compare him to Oliver as he is a very rare commodity, few players have dominated games like he has this early in his career. We'd be better off comparing him to Ah Chee, Milera or mids who we actually had the opportunity to draft, but I'm not sure what purpose that would serve either.

As I've said on another thread, big year for Darcy coming up, at 22 he really needs to be taking that next step which he hasn't done yet.

Never said Essendon should trade Parish. What's with Melbourne supporters and comprehension these past two days.
The word ''might'' seems to have morphed into ''should''.

Did you not say you could see him wanting opportunities elsewhere, in which case he ''might'' be traded ? Or am I mistaken ?

Oliver dominated the TAC cup because he was a big-bodied aggressive midifelder who relied on his size to break through packs and win clearances. Was very average in his two matches in the VFL and wasn't selected for Vic Country.

Parish dominated the TAC cup and the u/18 Champs two years in a row. He was also in the top 3 players for both the Academy vs Werribee (arguably BOG, probably 2nd behind Francis) and Acadmey vs Northern Blues (Ah Chee and Weitering the two that were better than him) games.

Can't see why Melbourne chose Oliver over Francis let alone Parish although I'm very thankful because of it!
Interesting take.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The word ''might'' seems to have morphed into ''should''.

Did you not say you could see him wanting opportunities elsewhere, in which case he ''might'' be traded ? Or am I mistaken ?

I was talking from Parish's perspective. It may be in his best interests to seek a trade. I don't see a situation where Essendon would want to use him as trade bait.

Overall given how much power players have in this league teams really don't have a lot to gain from using players as trade bait imo.

I was talking from Parish's perspective. It may be in his best interests to seek a trade. I don't see a situation where Essendon would want to use him as trade bait.

Overall given how much power players have in this league teams really don't have a lot to gain from using players as trade bait imo.
You were questioning my comprehension when I suggested you said he ''might'' be traded. I didn't enunciate why you said that, i.e. the motives of either party.

Are you withdrawing your comment ?

You were questioning my comprehension when I suggested you said he ''might'' be traded. I didn't enunciate why you said that, i.e. the motives of either party.

Are you withdrawing your comment ?

Not at all. You bumped this thread with this post

Well here we are a fair way down the track and many Essendon posters think this is a bit of a make or break year for little Darcy. Some see him as trade bait at year's end unless he improves markedly.

Then called me out specifically when asked for examples.

The key question is who will be the better key forward ? As a dominant key forward is the most valuable asset in the game. The better key forward is more valuable than the most versatile player.

Without question, I'd take Watts.

Hannabal

Since you're so interested in dragging up old quotes that have no relevance anymore. I found this little gem courtesy of yourself in a thread titled Watts v Naitanui v Hurley....

Hannabal

Since you're so interested in dragging up old quotes that have no relevance anymore. I found this little gem courtesy of yourself in a thread titled Watts v Naitanui v Hurley....
Yeah, we were pretty confident very early on.

The guy has a heart of a grape seed, which I've acknowledged for many years.

I also got Dustin Martin wrong. Never thought he'd have a good enough tank to be the player he's become.

Yeah, we were pretty confident very early on.

The guy has a heart of a grape seed, which I've acknowledged for many years.

I also got Dustin Martin wrong. Never thought he'd have a good enough tank to be the player he's become.

Cale Morton, Jimmy Toumpas, Jack Trengove, Jordan Gysberts, Luke Tapscott, Jack Watts, Sam Blease, Lucas Cook, #2 pick in 2013 (Josh Kelly) traded.

Not sure I understand criticizing one draft selection when your own club spent the better half of a decade with Jack Grimes as their best pick.

Cale Morton, Jimmy Toumpas, Jack Trengove, Jordan Gysberts, Luke Tapscott, Jack Watts, Sam Blease, Lucas Cook, #2 pick in 2013 (Josh Kelly) traded.

Not sure I understand criticizing one draft selection when your own club spent the better half of a decade with Jack Grimes as their best pick.
I have a few questions for you.

Do you think I'm unaware of our drafting history ?

Do you think I'd defend the club on their drafting history ?

Where do I criticise your selection of Parish ?

Internet points are very important to some people.

I've already stated this.

There is a big difference between seeing Parish as potential trade bait and thinking Parish may request a trade at seasons end.

You've claimed I've said the former when I've only ever said the latter.
Trade bait is an all encompassing phrase. It takes into account a player wanting to leave or a club wanting a player to leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back