Preview JLT 2: Fremantle vs West Coast. Sunday 4:10pm @ Rushton Park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone tell me why Bewley is not playing this week. Not listed as injured and I would have thought 13 possessions in 51 minutes of game time last week was pretty impressive.
I scratches me head too. He wasn't great, but he was ok. Plus he shapes as a possible solution to our delivery inside 50.

Can anyone tell me why Bewley is not playing this week. Not listed as injured and I would have thought 13 possessions in 51 minutes of game time last week was pretty impressive.
Freo have a very well established pecking order. It goes;

Ballas
Daylight
Everyone else
Daylight
First year players

We’ll get pumped round one and then the changes will come and he’ll play more games than he misses.

Why does his age matter? He's an AFL player.

Didn't deliberately smash him in the face, was going for his chest. Even Andy's father could see that and he has more right to be angry than anyone else does.

Like I said, he made a huge mistake but he's done everything he could to extend the olive branch and make peace with the Brayshaw family.

WC Flogs unable to to admit golden boy Gaff could have possible done something wrong. He wound up, king hit a bloke and then ran off. Then tried to make a ridiculous defense about it being Andy's fault for moving. If it was an accident why wouldn't he stop when he realised he just king hit a kid.

Just keep you delusions to yourself next time. Hopefuilly Gaff gets cleaned up sometime this year and we can just say it was Gaff's fault for moving on a footy field.

Who said his age matters? Apart from that it leaves a little stigma on a mature player deliberately punching a much younger and physically less mature player, and then running off to continue to play the game despite being clearly aware that he had caused significant injury. Why would it matter that Natanui develops a tackle designed to significantly injure an opposition player? And repeats it. Apart from that it leaves a little taste of cowardice and a total lack of sportsmanship in the mouth.

But, apart from that....

If it looks like a team strategy....
Don't get me started on Natanui. Melbourne media has pointed out the fact that he has never ran back with the flight of the ball in his life but happy to fly knee first into Sandi 's back putting him in hospital... I'm glad I live up North because I've had enough of us playing fair and being punched, "bitten" smashed from behind.. We need some mongrel!!

"It might be a good gesture, but I don't think we're all hanging out for that to happen"

This is a quote from Adam Simpson when asked about Andy Brayshaw saying he was going to seek out Gaff to shake his hand, anyone else think this is really poor from Simpson? geez, Andy has fronted up and addressed the issue for no reason other than to settle talk surrounding and to prevent fans giving Gaff a hard time,,, and he dismisses it like this?

Freo fans shouldn't boo Gaff directly; They should bring plastic chickens, call them Boris and squeak them every time Gaff goes near the ball.
On the Prick-ter scale Simpson is a 10 and I believe he sets the toxic culture that Gaff plays by
Give him a the reveptikn he deserves too...
I hope we have players out there to protect any first year players or anyone under 175cm...

"

Freo fans shouldn't boo Gaff directly; They should bring plastic chickens, call them Boris and squeak them every time Gaff goes near the ball.

Finally something we can all get behind.

The more I think about this the more I like it.

Amazing I can just picture 30000 freo fans all squawking as one.

WC Flogs unable to to admit golden boy Gaff could have possible done something wrong. He wound up, king hit a bloke and then ran off. Then tried to make a ridiculous defense about it being Andy's fault for moving. If it was an accident why wouldn't he stop when he realised he just king hit a kid.

Just keep you delusions to yourself next time. Hopefuilly Gaff gets cleaned up sometime this year and we can just say it was Gaff's fault for moving on a footy field.
My post quite literally states that Gaff did something wrong.

Gaff didn't make the argument about Andy moving, Andy's own father did.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story though.

In all honesty, do you actually believe that? I go to every Freo game. There’s always somebody with one or more of the following;
* a smart phone with AFL app
* a smart phone with social media
* a mobile phone with friends/family texting
* an old dude with commentary radio headsets on

It’s virtually impossible to not know what’s happened on the field - even if you missed it. Certainly it would have been known within minutes, or at the very very latest, the end of the qrt - if your battery was flat, you were zoned out and not listening to others talking about it, went to the toilet and stopped to get a freshly made hot dog and chips on way back to seat.

It’s such a lame excuse. Much like Gaff blaming Brayshaw for changing direction.

I mean most people who go to the footy actually watch the game and don't spend their time trawling through social media.

Most people didn't see the incident happen, they just would've seen Andy being taken off which happens every other game. If they didn't see the incident happen, they wouldn't go looking for it on social media.

I saw Andy down behind play, I checked social and realised what had happened. No one else around me knew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My post quite literally states that Gaff did something wrong.

Gaff didn't make the argument about Andy moving, Andy's own father did.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story though.
Gaff was looking at brayshaw when he hit him.
Must have a lack of control of his left arm.

K Mart sell them as dog toys, someone needs to go out and by 1000 of them

Awfully good.

Someone whos in perth needs to start a go fund me page to make this happen asap.

“I meant to hit him in the chest. I feel sick that I hit Andrew in the face. I had absolutely no intention to hit him where I hit him. I tried to do a similar hit to what I did about 10 seconds earlier with my right arm.”

direct quote from the tribunal hearing, but hey, dont let the truth get in the way of a good story...
Takes a fair bit of force to break bones just saying.

I mean most people who go to the footy actually watch the game and don't spend their time trawling through social media.

Most people didn't see the incident happen, they just would've seen Andy being taken off which happens every other game. If they didn't see the incident happen, they wouldn't go looking for it on social media.

I saw Andy down behind play, I checked social and realised what had happened. No one else around me knew.
Can you explain why, before the incident, your supporters were pretty nonchalant when GAGF got a possession or went near the ball, but after he whacked AB’s teeth out, he got a standing ovation every time he got the ball? And you’re telling me nobody at the game saw anything on their phone or knew about the incident?

Riiiiggghhhhtttt... 🙄🤦‍♂️

These are all truths. The way he scuttled off after he had caved in the kids face reminded me of the rat in Harry Potter, scabbers and I was going to call him that because it makes me sick having to type his name even. Now though I'm a GAGF fan.

But reading the thread I'm feeling conflicted because Andy is over it which makes him the man as opposed to the rat GAGF and I don't want to make it any harder for him. I was up for a good old booing but we'd probably get publically shamed for that.

Obviously to forgive is a high thing and I'm glad Andy is in that place, but I'm only a rabid supporter and I want to let GAGF know that I disapprove of what he did. I don't know what to do.

Let it fly mate , players have a different mindset to us . Remember how the prix carried on that day players / fans and coaches

Unleash

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

With Conca coming in, a midfielder has to go out. Bewley is listed as an emergency. I am happy for Tucker, Banfield, Brayshaw and Conca to stay in.

Interesting that Scott Jones has kept his position in the team, even though Sean Darcy has come in. We are even taller than last week. I would have preferred a small negating defender or a mobile forward.

I hope Schultz grabs his opportunity with both hands on the forward line.

I am happy for us to go in at 85% mix it up and get some game time into as many as possible. Darcy will be on limited time needs some help from Jones and would like to see Lobb stay around the forward line after grabbing all his marks last week.
We play these picks twice so we don't want to give too much away in a practice match

So in short....
Gaffs a weak prick for swinging
Eagles supporters will support their own player
Eagles supporters supporting the hit are all flogs who like being internet warriors

Dont swing and dont get into shit.... like dont drink and drive. Don't do it and you wont suffer the consequences.

Cool story. Your last paragraph confirms exactly what I said. So either you went by yourself and don’t talk to anyone, or more probably you mentioned it to a number of people. That same thing probably happened 1,000s of times within a few minutes all around the ground. Yet nobody knew anything? Good one. I rest my case.

Nat Fyfe, Stephen Hill, Connor Blakely are the only three guys missing from our known best 22 and everyone is jumping at shadows, i think we all need to simmer down a little bit.

Yeah it would be good to see more run from Logue and Switta, but i doubt Switta is a best 22 and i doubt as my live and breathe right now Logue is a huge upgrade on Hughes of Duman.

Sandi and Bennell you can't count as best 22 right now.

Sandi's the most important player in our team and still one of the top 4 ruckmen in the competition. He's obviously best 22. He's best 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back