Preview JLT 2: Fremantle vs West Coast. Sunday 4:10pm @ Rushton Park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't get me started on Natanui. Melbourne media has pointed out the fact that he has never ran back with the flight of the ball in his life but happy to fly knee first into Sandi 's back putting him in hospital... I'm glad I live up North because I've had enough of us playing fair and being punched, "bitten" smashed from behind.. We need some mongrel!!
1552092732031.png

Good luck for tomorrow. Should be an interesting game.

View attachment 631791

Good luck for tomorrow. Should be an interesting game.
There's a concept called intent!
I believe Sandilands intent in this instance is for the ball and that North player carried on after a normal contest.
Some players play with a different intent!
Karma has struck twice..
3 please

My post quite literally states that Gaff did something wrong.

Gaff didn't make the argument about Andy moving, Andy's own father did.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story though.

If you haven’t worked out that Andy’s father’s post incident behaviour and commentary was heavily influenced by him having another son trying to make his way at WC, you’re delusional.

There's a concept called intent!
I believe Sandilands intent in this instance is for the ball and that North player carried on after a normal contest.
Some players play with a different intent!
Karma has struck twice..
3 please
Nic marked the ball though. Sandi doesn't even have eyes for it so I'll presume you are joking in this instance.

Might need a big broom! Potential clean out candidates;
Sandi
Ballas
Bennell
McCarthy
Kersten
Jones
Hughes
Nyhuis

I consider 8 changes to be big. Fingers crossed Bennell and McCarthy magically come good... but not holding my breath for either. Good news is there should be plenty of cash monies for a high priced free agent without hindering our ability to keep the up’n’comers happy.

Oh, and maybe Mundy pending form, fitness and desire.
I think the writing is on the wall for Mcarthy He can't even get a game in JLT and there is 8 on the bench not 4.

Good to see AB back - he’s class - and it was obviously a horrific incident. Not sure about the calls for Gaff to get targeted on-field by some Freo fans though, seems a bit reductive. I’m sure they’ll shake hands and move on. We did after the Hall-Staker hit. Though I suppose this had the added animosity of the WCE-Freo rivalry and AB’s age as well, so the anger is understandable.

Let’s hope for a good hit out, no injuries, and a bright start to the year to come.

What does the writing say?
THANKS FOR COMING!

THANK GOD WE DIDNT WASTE TWO FIRST ROUNDERS ON YOU!

🤣

All the skill and potential. Limited drive and motivation. Hopefully playing Peel for awhile is the wake up call that sparks Cam into the form we’ve all hoped for.

I still hold out hope that he can find a position amongst our tall timber - but he needs to lift his pressure game - and I’m not convinced he’s worked hard enough over preseason to do that.

I view him as competition for a small forwards spot, rather than a tallls. I think we should go Lobb, Hogan and one of Cox/Tabs. 3 smalls and the bench spot could then be another small/mid or a McCarthy/Sturt/Bennell type.

THANKS FOR COMING!

THANK GOD WE DIDNT WASTE TWO FIRST ROUNDERS ON YOU!

🤣

All the skill and potential. Limited drive and motivation. Hopefully playing Peel for awhile is the wake up call that sparks Cam into the form we’ve all hoped for.

I still hold out hope that he can find a position amongst our tall timber - but he needs to lift his pressure game - and I’m not convinced he’s worked hard enough over preseason to do that.

I view him as competition for a small forwards spot, rather than a tallls. I think we should go Lobb, Hogan and one of Cox/Tabs. 3 smalls and the bench spot could then be another small/mid or a McCarthy/Sturt/Bennell type.
Yes. Shows how desperate we have been really.

Even if it's west coast it will be good to watch, so we can learn little bit more about the players.
Good to see AB back - he’s class - and it was obviously a horrific incident. Not sure about the calls for Gaff to get targeted on-field by some Freo fans though, seems a bit reductive. I’m sure they’ll shake hands and move on. We did after the Hall-Staker hit. Though I suppose this had the added animosity of the WCE-Freo rivalry and AB’s age as well, so the anger is understandable.

Let’s hope for a good hit out, no injuries, and a bright start to the year to come.
What's the bit about they will shake hands and move on and we did after the stakes- hall hit?

No one has moved on from that. As good as he was, that is what he's remembered for. Anything about Hall now has that footage. It will be the same with Gagf. eNough said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness to West Coast supporters, I know quite a few (they are hard to miss wearing all their WC merch at completely inappropriate times) and they've also been pretty disappointed in how weak Gaff has been about the whole situation. Of course there is still a delusional bunch who deny there was ever a drug problem at their club (no point arguing with them). But I do think there is a large group of WC fans that feel similarly to us that Gaff should have stepped up and owned it more. Clearly it's just proof you don't have to be that intelligent to either play football nor support West Coast really. ****! it's so hard to endure them thinking they know everything about football because the club they support just won a premiership. The decent ones you can at least discuss it with as they relate it to what happened with Hall and Staker.

I have no issue moving past what happened (the incident itself) but it's annoying when someone who gets paid millions because they are a public figure/role-model, does the bare minimum of an apology to the person and his family, then makes up lies and excuses at the tribunal to try and weasel a smaller suspension, and then hides away in the shadows from then onward. So many weak 'leaders' in our society atm... guess we just add another sook to the list and move on? Disappointing but I'm not in the retribution camp personally... I think our players are better than that. Thank god we have guys like the Brayshaws playing football who we can use as examples of how to handle yourself with class and provide as role-models for Aussie kids throughout the country. Nesbitt, Simpson and Gaff really don't seem to realise how their poor handling of it has tarnished all their reputations and that of their club - more so than the hit itself. I know some of their sponsors were quite annoyed with their arrogant handling of it - I wonder if that message ever got through to them?

Interesting that Scott Jones has kept his position in the team, even though Sean Darcy has come in. We are even taller than last week...

Hopefully this is so Lobb can play FF all game and the ruck is Darcy/Jones only.

It would be nice to see Hogan, Lobb, Cox play more together in the forward line

Hopefully this is so Lobb can play FF all game and the ruck is Darcy/Jones only.

It would be nice to see Hogan, Lobb, Cox play more together in the forward line
I hope we only use 22 to sharpen up for round one. Send the others to play in the Peel vs WCE2s game beforehand. That way everyone gets more game time. Maybe carry Jones to relieve Darcy if Darcy is on limited minutes.

In all honesty, do you actually believe that? I go to every Freo game. There’s always somebody with one or more of the following;
* a smart phone with AFL app
* a smart phone with social media
* a mobile phone with friends/family texting
* an old dude with commentary radio headsets on

It’s virtually impossible to not know what’s happened on the field - even if you missed it. Certainly it would have been known within minutes, or at the very very latest, the end of the qrt - if your battery was flat, you were zoned out and not listening to others talking about it, went to the toilet and stopped to get a freshly made hot dog and chips on way back to seat.

It’s such a lame excuse. Much like Gaff blaming Brayshaw for changing direction.
You guys are like a dog with a bone - everybody is just going over old hash. Yes it was a dreadful thing that happened and I'm glad that young Brayshaw seems to have recovered which is the main thing.
I was at the game last year when this incident occurred and yes by listening to the radio found out that an injury had occurred to Brayshaw and that from the commentary that Gaff was in serious trouble, but I was not aware of the severity of Brayshaws injury until I got home and saw it on TV - as somebody else said it was not shown on the big screen at the game. Some in the crowd may have known but there would have been a lot who didn't so I think saying that how could one not have known - we don't all take our IPads etc to the football or spend our time looking at our phones. Anyway isn't it about time we all moved on as how long can we go over and over about something that's happened in the past - young Brayshaw appears to have the right idea and just wants to move on and to play football. Perhaps we should all take a leaf out of his book.

I for one have have put the Gaff incident behind me i don't talk about it anymore with West coast supporters or Freo ones . I will not be booing or yelling out snide remarks to Gaff over the fence. ( It is not my style anyway)As for todays game i just want a good hit out . Winning would be nice but in the grand scheme of things not that important .

I don’t see how anyone can say Gaff doesn’t deserve anything that comes his way. Eight weeks on the sidelines is not really that much punishment for what he did considering:

- In the real world he’d be put behind bars and he’d still be there now.
- In local footy the ban would’ve been for life.
- In other professional sporting codes the ban would’ve been at least twice as long.
- In any other walk of life you’d have to earn your way back into a leadership position not have it gifted straight back to you - especially when you came very close to leaving that exact organisation.
- He’s caused permanent physical harm to a kid who was doing nothing but playing the same game he was.
- Two cricketers have been given year bans and called scum of the earth for cheating in a sporting contest. What they did wasn’t a criminal offence, was no further outside the rules and put no other person in physical or phycological harm (unless you count the media’s treatment of Bancroft). I see this as a lesser crime but look at the bans and look at the media reaction. Just wow.

You’re always told two wrongs don’t make a right and for that reason alone none of our players should do anything but you can’t expect fans to not boo him today.

In the lower leagues there were several criminal convictions in the last year for assaults off the ball that caused serious harm. That is the actual community standard now, it is not tolerated. The boys club mentality where you can rub people out is gone, it is not swept under the carpet and laughed at over a beer later.

No, the convictions do not included love taps to the gut etc but broken jaws and worse.

Gaff should count himself lucky that he broke Brayshaw's jaw, another family who saw their kid hit like this might have advised him to press charges - moreso if they knew the victims from the lower leagues where charges were pressed. You can't go around deliberately whacking people in the head, footy is not beyond the laws of the land.

And as the pinnacle of sport, it sets the standard. Who wants kids thinking it's okay to bring a bit of biffo into their game? Particularly when you hear of asssaults like this one where a 13 year old girl left another partially blind and with spinal injuries. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08...tacker-blocked-from-playing-by-court/10082986

What's with Bewley missing out? :think:

giphy.gif

Make him think twice about putting his head over the ball. Niggle him with crowley like passion until he flips. He was let off very lightly by football supporters and media in this state.
Make him cry
Very very lightly. He was almost the victim and everyone felt sorry for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back