Opinion New AFC HQ: Stalled Indefinitely

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes we better get a training ground the exact dimensions of the MCG at any new facilities. Important we learn to play there structurally etc.
Quoting myself, if they're smart...
... they could set up a round oval wide enough to fit the longest oval anywhere.

Then they can mark out the oval to simulate any oval, any orientation, even the MCG with afternoon sun but in the morning because of when they're training.

A GPS controlled tape (or rope) rolling buggy could mark out the boundary easily and roll it up after. Goal posts would need to have a mobile set up. They could put easily moveable barriers around the oval to provide visual cues of the boundary to players

Yeah I hope we havent announced it too early and it falls over.

Which would go against a lot of the messaging we have done in recent times. The Optus deal. No one even knew we were in the market for an Joint Major and bang we announce it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It was gonna get announced once we worked out federal funding for it, politicians got points to score you know.

Not without their prominent figureheads on the council, ie Anne Moran, and reports say those figureheads have already approved
Anne sounded ok in her 5aa interview.

Given the huge benefit to them i reckon they'll be happy.

I'll be nervous until its all signed off and construction has started. Port Power have some prominent friends in politics we just need to get over them.

It was gonna get announced once we worked out federal funding for it, politicians got points to score you know.
My concern was that is is just an election promise. Like the funding the Federal and State ALP have pledged for Port to upgrade Alberton.

Seems it is not.

The Crows would not have wasted time on it and okayed the announcement without the State Govt and Council on board.

North Adelaide needs to be revived, this does that.
This stops the Aquatic centre being a financial drain on the council.
It creates a fantastic facility for the community.

It’s a no brainer and will have already be agreed on.

I’d have to disagree. Master plan complete by end 2019. Approval within 6 months by state government. Tender 3 months. So building will start late 2020. 18 month build.

So 2023 at the very latest but more like 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As an example

Jul 21, 2015 8:32AM

The development of Fremantle’s new elite training and administration facility (ETAF) at Cockburn Central West takes another step forward today with an official sod turning ceremony on the site of the City of Cockburn’s new regional physical activity and education centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course their going to hate it, just as I imagine that Rucci will be behind the scenes desperately muck raking to try and prevent it from happening.
Any truth to the rumor Rucci has put in an application to have the Aquatic Centre heritage listed?

I gotta give the club some credit, we've come a long way.

In a period of less than a decade we would have;

-Moved home games to Adelaide Oval
-Transferred the club license from the SANFL (still paying off)
-Established our own SANFL side (think we forget what a big deal this was)
-Out maneuvered Port Power in a big way with the women's team (a couple of flags too)
-Built a home base in Adelaide

Update to logo between now and the move to the new home would be the cherry on top (flags of course too).

Last edited:
I gotta give the club some credit, we've come a long way.

In a period of less than a decade we would have;

-Moved home games to Adelaide Oval
-Transferred the club license from the SANFL (still paying off)
-Established our own SANFL side (think we forget what a big deal this was)
-Out maneuvered Port Power in a big way with the women's team (a couple of flags too)
-Built a home base in Adelaide

Update to logo between now and the move to the new home would be the cherry on top (flags of course too).
I’d put change of logo ahead of all those achievements

Back