Review Lackluster Dogs Lose To The Suns, Rd 3, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain to me what the hell Dickson was doing in the 3rd qtr when he looked right into the eyes of the suns defender who was bearing down on him, and still thought he could turn and run away with it? Does he think he’s still 21 or something?

Rubbish, Suns missed as many sitters as us. Dunkley set the scene early

It is this exact bleating I've an issue with.

Dunkley didn't take every shot on goal for the game. You can't fix an accuracy issue by dropping players with a spray on the way out. Again, short-sighted.

Can’t let side have head starts on us. Must capitalise on dominance in the second quarter (3 weeks in a row in we haven’t cashed in). Lack of movement and break down of any structure once we get into our forward half. Gowers and Dunkley misses in 1st quarter (?) effectively cost us the game. Can’t miss goals 10 metres out.

Bont and Suckling only ones who played 4 quarters. Macrae, Daniel, Libba were asleep in first quarter.

Bailey smith can’t play next week. Panicks with the ball constantly. English can’t play - Grundy twice the ruckman Witts is and English got SMASHED today.

Richards also needs time in VFL.

All together if you’re so inefficient going inside 50 you don’t deserve to win. Just when I thought we’d turned a page in our forward 50 structure...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can someone explain to me what the hell Dickson was doing in the 3rd qtr when he looked right into the eyes of the suns defender who was bearing down on him, and still thought he could turn and run away with it? Does he think he’s still 21 or something?
He had Hunter on.
If he either disposed of the ball quicker or went back to take his kick it was a certain goal to Hunter.

Basically he did the only thing that wouldn't have resulted in a goal.

We played really dumb football at times today but it was mostly basic skill errors that killed us

No argument? No problem.
Trengove is injured and Sweet isn't ready. What more do you want?
A childish overreaction? There's enough of that already here.

I know I’m the biggest English defender on here, but he’s extremely fit and durable. Witts is a massive dude but Timmy kept at him all game & I thought he was wearing him down by the end.

Who else is going to run with Grundy? Although if he plays single handed he’ll have to run with Grundy & Cox....

Meh, played about 3 minutes of good footy and still nearly stole it somehow. Suns deserved to win that by 5 or 6 goals. Their contested work was first class and we were chasing all day.

Trengove just has to come back in. I lost count of how many times they just a clean run at it in the air with zero pressure on. He at least halves a contest

Trengove is injured and Sweet isn't ready. What more do you want?
Now you're just regurgitating the same non-arguments. Trengove's ankle is already confirmed fine, Chris Bell said he only missed because of gastro, but you don't want to believe it.
Sweet was named as an emergency. I give far more credence to that than anything you'll ever say about his readiness.

Reckon dogs went out with the mind set of being scared to lose.
And not daring enough to win.
Gold Coast did the opposite.
You can chuck our best players forward
But without proper forward coaching it still won't function.Need badly a gun forward coach.3 years in a row now..
Bont should have been made captain this season.Club needs to be more proactive rather than reactive.Wood is declining and not taking his marks ,that a skipper should.
English,Richards,Greene ,Smith ,Lipinski,West ,and even Sweet need games
to prove themselves.Crozier ,Lloyd ,Dureya and Trengrove etc have had enough chances.Stop gaps at best.Won't ever be the answer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now you're just regurgitating the same non-arguments. Trengove's ankle is already confirmed fine, but you don't want to believe it.
Sweet was named as an emergency. I give far more credence to that than anything you'll ever say about his readiness.
Sweet was an emergency as there is literally nobody else fit to ruck this week.

Maybe reread you own posts to check if they make sense? If Trengove was ready this week he would have been named emergency.

Bailey smith can’t play next week. Panicks with the ball constantly.
I can't understand this? Was one of our better players, really seemed to gain confidence today and I can only imagine he'll improve. Outside of our A graders the last person I'd want to drop

Sweet was an emergency as there is literally nobody else fit to ruck this week.
You're not on the match committee, so naturally you don't really know.

Maybe reread you own posts to check if they make sense? If Trengove was ready this week he would have been named emergency.
I'm not saying Trengove should've played today, I'm saying he should come in for Collingwood. That is a no brainer.

Reckon dogs went out with the mind set of being scared to lose.
And not daring enough to lose.
Gold Coast did the opposite.

Agree with the first part to a degree, but more so later in the game, the last half we looked like a team protecting a lead not a team trying to win it.

But I think we were lazy in the first quarter thinking it would just happen then later on we were scared to take the game on because doing so had cost us goals

I can't understand this? Was one of our better players, really seemed to gain confidence today and I can only imagine he'll improve. Outside of our A graders the last person I'd want to drop
I thought from the second quarter onwards he played his best football of the year.

I can see why the club want to pump games into him.
I can also see why people are concerned about playing he and Richards in the same side right now. Ed uses it well but this year goes missing for large periods of the match

I thought from the second quarter onwards he played his best football of the year.

I can see why the club want to pump games into him.
I can also see why people are concerned about playing he and Richards in the same side right now. Ed uses it well but this year goes missing for large periods of the match
I haven't been particularly impressed by Richards, granted I hardly watched any footy last year. From what I've seen this year I'd play Smith over Richards, but I have no idea how he went last year.

You're not on the match committee, so naturally you don't really know.

I'm not saying Trengove should've played today, I'm saying he should come in for Collingwood. That is a no brainer.
Trengove didn't play at VFL level, so I actually do know the was nobody else.

Should Trengove come in this week? If he is fit, perhaps although it would be a tough gig after two VFL games then niggles / illness.
But that has nothing to do with the post I was responding to.

I haven't been particularly impressed by Richards, granted I hardly watched any footy last year. From what I've seen this year I'd play Smith over Richards, but I have no idea how he went last year.
Richards does some wonderful things, just not enough of them.
If only Lippi was a little quicker because he's banging the door down at VFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back