MRP / Trib. Dangerfield vs an admittedly deserving De Boer

Remove this Banner Ad

He will get two weeks.

Prepare for life without him. Maybe Scott will realise he's not a forward when we keep struggling to win the ball out of the middle.

On what basis do you think he'll get two weeks? The so-called head hit appears to completely miss (or graze, at worst) and the elbow to the gut is stuff we see fines for. I could see 1 week if Christian is in a strict mood but 2 seems ludicrous?

On what basis do you think he'll get two weeks? The so-called head hit appears to completely miss (or graze, at worst) and the elbow to the gut is stuff we see fines for. I could see 1 week if Christian is in a strict mood but 2 seems ludicrous?
Trial by media and a weak as piss club who'll accept it.

Trial by media and a weak as piss club who'll accept it.

So you call Dangerfield an "undisciplined flog" and call Geelong a "weak as piss club"....and do so on the Geelong Board...

Better expressed elsewhere....an informed critique...fine.....give it a try sometime..

Enjoy your day off

As asked previously, do we find out tomorrow or do we have to wait until Monday?

Monday.

It’s got to be a reportable offence, the elbow to a stomach happens all the time and no one gets suspended. DeBoer played for a free with the umpire there so went down, Danger can’t see him and he hardly touched him, so much so it ended up as just a clip and no free kick, and it’s obviously not purposely to the head. Use common sense mate.
You’ve got to actually make a lot more contact than that for a reportable offence.
Dusty got reduced coz he ‘meant’ to hit him in the shoulder. Danger meant to get him in the stomach but missed everything except a pimple.

Last edited: 4 minutes ago

Will Hardwick defend Danger?
It was Kennedy that actually defended Martin effectively. I cant see he'd get it down to 1 week without Kennedy saying he felt no pain. It all hinged on the strength of the contact.

As for Dangerfield my view is he was definitely trying to get rid of De Boer but I'm not convinced he was trying to strike him. I can see maybe a rough conduct fine. But that's just my opinion after watching the replay several times.

From what I can tell this is low impact so it should be a 1500-2k fine. He is ultimately lucky that the 2nd elbow did not hit otherwise he would definately be looking at a week. From the vision looks like he did not even realise he went down until after he threw the 2nd elbow to the ribcage.

Charge should be intentional low impact to the body

The only issue dangerfield has is the AFL are cracking down on off the ball incidents think this falls under the jumper punch category. Dangerfield luckily falls under star player territory you don't rub out brownlow fancies for minimal contact.

You can hear christian talk about what medium impact is in the cunnington off the ball strike which to me looks worse. For a medium a player would need to be off the ground for considerable time or have a concussion test etc. I'm not sure DB even went off so I'm much more comfortable right now with a warning and fine.

At the end of the day danger is lucky he missed and hopefully won't lash out again for a while.

chook lotto.... so who knows.

GFC loading from MRO will apply however and this week is the "type of thing that is a blight on the game week" as highlighted in AFL press release that they will put out on Monday (dated thursday last week) so yeah 2 weeks.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People on the AFL board comparing this to Dusty’s hit are deluded. The only commonality is that Dusty and Danger were frustrated by de Boer (I know Dusty lashed out at someone else)

The first one is a light elbow to the stomach which based on previous cases is a fine at worst.

The second one looks bad but to me he doesnt hit the head but the shoulder. As always it will depend on the medical report (which is sonething i disagree with). If the medical report says any sort of concussion he's gone if it doesn't thats probably a fine as well.

Brereton's commentary on the incident was a disgrace....

His call on the "touched" behind when it was clearly a goal exposed his bias against Geelong.

One would never guess we play Hawthorn next week.....the guy is a grub...

In 2017, they rubbed him out for a 'dangerous' tackle, which was a fairly soft suspension.

That is true bojack but that one ended with kruezer concussed from memory they did not even appeal rules were different then probably double damage. But considering he was killing it that season the powers to be obviously thought it's line ball.

Where as this incident DB took a dive played for a few kick

GFC loading from MRO will apply however and this week is the "type of thing that is a blight on the game week" as highlighted in AFL press release that they will put out on Monday (dated thursday last week) so yeah 2 weeks.

GO Catters

Yeah it's just the AFL sitting on twitter seeing what is trending now. The MRP is a joke in 2019 no logic. At the end of the day not much in it contact wise though and I doubt would be much on the medical report

As noted by Daz, the only certainty right now is the Chooklotto that will take place to sort out what happens from here.

The only other certainty would have arisen if it had instead been Toma who threw his arm back at a Giants player in a similar incident.

That would have resulted in immediate deregistration and an expunging of his playing records from the statistical history of the AFL/VFL.

The first one is a light elbow to the stomach which based on previous cases is a fine at worst.

The second one looks bad but to me he doesnt hit the head but the shoulder. As always it will depend on the medical report (which is sonething i disagree with). If the medical report says any sort of concussion he's gone if it doesn't thats probably a fine as well.

And if there are any concussion symptoms then GWS should get a please explain from the AFL as to why DeBoer was able to play out the game & didn't undergo a concussion test during the match

And if there are any concussion symptoms then GWS should get a please explain from the AFL as to why DeBoer was able to play out the game & didn't undergo a concussion test during the match

That's easy. 'Delayed onset' of concussion symptoms.

Never fear, though, de Boer will still be right to go for next weekend...

De boer is a dog can’t beat someone in a contest so has to scrag and hassle danger paddy should get extra weeks for not hitting him hard enough

GO Catters

Thank goodness it’s not Tom Hawkins or the high impact and potential to cause serious injury being a big strong bloke takes it up to 3-4 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back