Preview Brisbane Lions vs Collingwood - Round 5 2019, April 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the Forward Pocket at the Punt Rd end and I watched McStay closely during the 2nd and Final Quarter. Simply put, McStay was next to no value. He refused to lead and demonstrated a lack of awareness in terms of where he needed to be. He is easy for defenders to handle because all he wants to go is take underage football style speckies. He also still needs to work on his kicking. He has kicked 5 goals from 4 games for an average of 1.25 per game playing exclusively in the Forward line. A couple of those were cheapies also. Not good enough. Oscar has kicked 4 goals in 4 games playing as a ruckman resting in the Forward line. Even Ryan Bastinac has managed 2 goals from 3 games for an average of 1.5.

McStay needs to lift to hold his spot.
Unsure if he actually wants to mark it - seems to just chuck two hands up without attempting to catch it at times.

Unsure if he actually wants to mark it - seems to just chuck two hands up without attempting to catch it at times.
Yep. He needs to lead to give team mates something to kick to. If he doesn’t team mates should 100% ignore him.

Beams a confirmed in by Bucks on their Instagram story.

So many ex players to boo on Thursday. Beams, Crisp, Aish :eek::eek:
What a sweet win it would be, beat Collingwood and the Go Home 3.

I'm not a booer although I'm very tempted by Aish but we are more of a chance of winning with him in the side so welcome back Prince James.

Some additional stats regarding our recent record against the Pies:

- in our last 12 games, we've won 2 (Won by 8 at the Gabba in 2010 and Won by 67 at the MCG in 2014);
- we've won 1 of our last 8 games against them at the Gabba; and
- Collingwood's average winning margin is 41 points from the last five meetings at the Gabba.

Of all games this year, this is the one I am least expecting to win, pretty much for a lot of the reasons stated by lioninthesand

I feel much more comfortable about this game now. We've made a habit of breaking streaks this year and the only team we've got an ok record against smashed us last week. Cheers dylan I will rest much easier knowing. We're absolute montys against the tiggers this year if this continues

Of course not but regarding him not leading, we don't know what his role is. Perhaps he is just doing what the coaches are asking him to do.
What could they be asking him to do? If Jono Brown has given McStay a “bake” that is good enough for me. It indicates that what many of us have been saying about McStay if pretty much on the money. NOW THE IMPORTANT BIT —> we all want McStay to improve and become a 50 - 70 goal a year Full Forward. Let’s hope it happens.

What could they be asking him to do? If Jono Brown has given McStay a “bake” that is good enough for me. It indicates that what many of us have been saying about McStay if pretty much on the money. NOW THE IMPORTANT BIT —> we all want McStay to improve and become a 50 - 70 goal a year Full Forward. Let’s hope it happens.

Agree with that. Good point about JB- would think he is privy to what is going on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a sweet win it would be, beat Collingwood and the Go Home 3.

I'm not a booer although I'm very tempted by Aish but we are more of a chance of winning with him in the side so welcome back Prince James.

I don't think I've had the privilege of seeing Prince AishO play live - I lived in Canberra for the first few years of his career. Very excited to see his regal presence in person.

Can be, if I could take one of those 3 back it would definitely be Jack Crisp, just the sort of player we need. IIRC he didn't really want to go in the first place, wasn't he steak knives in getting D.Beams to us?

I think so. High quality steak knives.

He was already talking to Essendon and was uncontracted and keen to return to VIC. That's not to say that we had no chance at retaining him (or whether we really were trying to) but its revisionist history to say he didn't want to go.

Update on the Ticket situation:

Following the link from the AFL website, there's no allocations left for 4+ tickets.

1 allocation for 3 seats together.
0 allocations for 2 seats together.
129 allocations for 1 seat.

About an hour ago, there were 3 x 3 seat allocations, a few 2 seat options and about 140 single seat offerings.

I don't think I've had the privilege of seeing Prince AishO play live - I lived in Canberra for the first few years of his career. Very excited to see his regal presence in person.

I saw him in U18s when he came back from injury and was wondering why he was so highly regarded compared to Dunstan who was feeding the ball out to him in that game. Of course Dunstan hasn't exactly set the world on fire either. :$

For me Neale + two top 10 picks has erased any animosity I may have felt re how he left. That plus some Pies fans not too happy with the trade in hindsight :moustache:
What were the 2 top 10 picks ? Eli smith was their first pick which ended up sliding to pick 21 or so and we have their first rounder this year which let’s me honest if it’s pick 10 or under we will be pretty lucky .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back