Prediction How Long Will JENKINS Remain Dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Ricuito didnt seem overly happy about Jenkins being dropped going by his comments on fox. Probably did his contract.

Agreed, I was watching on Fox and was pretty disgusted at Roos comments. Jenkins definately a part of the boys club.

He's allowed to feel upset at being dropped. After all, there are a number of players lucky to be in the side.

His performance in the SANFL was complete rubbish though. There's something really not right about his mindset if he can't go back and perform. Compare him to Poholke (who was pretty unlucky to be dropped).

Seems to me like Hart’s comments indicate that he won’t be back this week.

Sounded like yes, he ticked boxes but the second half of the statement was telling. “we can’t wait for him to get back to this consistently for us”

Ergo, good work (which is just plain wrong regardless) but we want to see more of that before you come back.

I think he’s been more than serviceable for us, and arrived at a time we really needed him with Tippett leaving.

Issue for both us and him is that he’s gone 30 now and I suspect has his eye on post footy - which is perfectly reasonable.

Question is with his age profile how strong is the motivation to get back and perform at acceptable levels? Only he knows that.

EH needs a decent block of games but it’s a transition process. We need JJ back to his best form and to push his way back.

To me its just amazing how taking 1 player out of a forward line makes it function so much differently. With JJ in the side our Mids seemed uncontrollably drawn to kicking it too him 20 odd times a game (probably because he's so big and usually 20m out standing 3m behind his player), but he was just doing nothing with those targets, and made us very 1 dimensional going inside 50.

With him out of the team those 20+ targets when too 5 different players and we immediately became a much more dynamic forward line. Plus it allowed Tex to play deeper and not get crowded by JJ and his man leading to the same spot every damn time!

I'm sold, I want to see more of the Jenkins-less Crows outfit going forward!

This mindset by Jenkins is unreal. He isnt coming back for a while and potentially trade bait come seasons end

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So JJ really thought he was performing OK?

He should be apologising for letting everyone down & working his backside off to get back... instead of this poor me attitude

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Hart was taking the piss?
Unfortunately not.

Hart is a major part of the problem of our dysfunctional forward line.

May as well sack him now, as he adds nothing.

Would be better off leaving it to Tex.

So JJ really thought he was performing OK?

He should be apologising for letting everyone down & working his backside off to get back... instead of this poor me attitude
I can't imagine Don would be happy with these comments.

Unfortunately not.

Hart is a major part of the problem of our dysfunctional forward line.

May as well sack him now, as he adds nothing.

Would be better off leaving it to Tex.
Couldn’t agree more, boys club at it again...

I will be pissed of Jenkins comes straight back in, would rather trade him at seasons end.... early 20-25 pick would be fair...

In order to see the a more thorough effect... the crows should have at least 3 "jenkin-less" games.

I think we just functioned way better (albeit the GC suns were putrid). Lets go again against the saints.

Lynch should be sweating...

Himmelberg did just as much if not more than Jenkins has done.

In order to see the a more thorough effect... the crows should have at least 3 "jenkin-less" games.

I think we just functioned way better (albeit the GC suns were putrid). Lets go again against the saints.

Lynch should be sweating...

Himmelberg did just as much if not more than Jenkins has done.

Agree

Reading his quote in that article - what a smug and selfish prick.

It's no surprise that he would be dirty on being dropped (fair enough), but I wouldn't have expected him to make that clear in the media. Every one of his quotes there was "I" or "me" - That is not a team first attitude at all.

IMO Keep him in the SANFL. Our forward line had structure for the first time all year without him there.

I didn't here listen to the full segment of JJ on SEN, however I do find it interesting peoples reaction here. Considering most of the time players, coaches and clubs feed the media cliches you'd think some people might actually appreciate his honesty

Jenkins was pissed off to be dropped? What a selfish arsehole. He earned his demotion.

I hope they don't bring back JJ any time soon. His performance in the SANFL stank. Let him learn how to play an honest game of footy before considering a recall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back