Preview Round 6, 2019: St.Kilda v Adelaide - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 27th April, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 81 81.8%
  • Crows

Votes: 18 18.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m excited for the game tomorrow but also extremely nervous... it has the same feel to it that the Essendon game had in 2016, after we thrashed the Tigers. And we all know how that turned out...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we lose it can be pinged all on me.

Haven't seen a game live for about a year and a half and going to this one, so all blame will be on me channeling my anxiety and the players will summarily s**t the bed.

I'll cop it sweet, but hell, lets murder some crows.

If we lose it can be pinged all on me.

Haven't seen a game live for about a year and a half and going to this one, so all blame will be on me channeling my anxiety and the players will summarily s**t the bed.

I'll cop it sweet, but hell, lets murder some crows.

Let’s murder a murder!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's done plenty right but also made some significant blunders, but one thing I've loved from Dan this year is the way he goes 3rd-up and just launches himself at the ball with that huge leap of his, and single or double-fists the crap out of it, to kill the contest.

Gilbo used to be terrific at that and now that he and Robbo are gone it's important that someone else stepped up in that regard and Dan has been doing that.

I've found myself rewinding a bunch of his spoils this year to watch them again, as they're so good to watch.

Also I'll point out that the other players agree McKenzie is a bit of a coaches pet so I wonder if he was less in Richo's favour whether he'd be straight back in after a concussion over someone who got 27 touches and 6 (?) intercepts while shutting down their direct opponent such as Brandon White.

Before this year, McKenzie had played half his career in the VFL, half in the AFL. Half way through last year, he looked likely to be delisted. Some favourite.

Soooooooooooo......

DMac has played 36 games..... let that sink in. Let’s see how he goes when he’s played 75+

He came top 10 in last years BF off 13 games, he’s doing something right.
Easy to forget he's only just 22. He's improved out of sight in the last 12 months. Been a good story for the club.

Before this year, McKenzie had played half his career in the VFL, half in the AFL. Half way through last year, he looked likely to be delisted. Some favourite.
Maybe the reason he wasn't delisted is cos Richo had a soft spot for him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guess we'll never know.

By the way, Richo isn't the only guy that picks the side, there is a selection committee.

I can't see anyway Richo would be sneaking his "favourite" in every week if they didn't think he was good enough.
Why not? Ratten managed to get Kent in after 4 weeks of poor form. It's pretty clear Richo has a bigger say than other coaches if Ratts has to bargain with Richo.

At the end of the day though we don't know. I'm just dubious that McKenzie coming off a concussion and mediocre form so far this year is a better selection than White or Hind who've been dishing up good to great performances in the VFL every week.

Soooooooooooo......

DMac has played 36 games..... let that sink in. Let’s see how he goes when he’s played 75+

He came top 10 in last years BF off 13 games, he’s doing something right.
McKenzie has really impressed in his work ethic , he has worked on his stamina and is one of the best runners in the team now and has shown he is fearless.
He will be one of our solid defenders for a long time , I remember when everyone hammered Webster , so I wouldn't worry what some people say about DMac.
He turns 23 next month and he is getting better with every game - due to his tank now he is not restrict just playing in the back line as well.

Everyone must realize Geary is getting long in the tooth (32 next year)and usually when you hit the 30 mark it's not to long before your career is finished so having McKenzie , White , Paton , Wilkie , Battle we are in fine shape for many years to come and hopefully a couple flags.

We should be really happy because our back line doesn't have the bad disposal we have had in the past with guys like Gilbert.
Geary would be our worst kick down there now everyone else is not to bad.

Maybe the reason he wasn't delisted is cos Richo had a soft spot for him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guess we'll never know.
Lol. Yes, the only reason a 22 year old best 22 player that finished top 10 in the b and f wasn't delisted is because the coach has a soft spot for him...

Give it a rest man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. Yes, the only reason a 22 year old best 22 player that finished top 10 in the b and f wasn't delisted is because the coach has a soft spot for him...

Give it a rest man.
I wasn't the one suggesting he was about to be delisted lol.

Clark and Coffield need to hit the weights for another pre-season or two.

Just look at Billings, got dropped last year for being too weak, hit the weights again.

Now he's on track for his best season ever.
As much as we swoon over Oliver/Bontempelli/Cripps these guys are the exception not the rule. Steven took a while, Ross took a while, Steele took a while and Newnes took a while.

Hunter and Coff are in their second years and it's not the end of the world that they can't break into the side.

I'd love to see Hunter playing but if it takes a while for him to solidify a spot then so be it. His second year is not going to make or break his career.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looking forward to tomorrow. My dad has flown over from Perth for the game and he will join me and my son (his grandson) in the guard of honour. My wife, auntie, uncle and brother will be in the stands, all mad saints supporters. Really hope the boys can come out really strong for us tomorrow. I’m quite confident we will!

Go Saints and Lest we forget
Woohooo.... go the suffering family

That could be a negative. Can't recall one good game he has had against us.
I remember Bryce ripping us a new one one night and a look through his stats shows he's had games against us of:

28 and 1 (goal)
27 and 1
26 and 2
26 and 1 (twice)
26 (twice)
25 and 2
23 and 2
22 and 1
etc.

Last edited:
I remember him ripping us a new one one night and a look through his stats shows he's had a
28 and 1 (goal),
27 and 1,
26 and 2,
26 and 1 (twice),
26 (twice)
25 and 2,
23 and 2,
22 and 1,
etc.

Yeah, but apart from that what's he done. ;) I think it was that him and Murphy used to never get it together at the same time. I never remember him doing much either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back