List Mgmt. Tom Wilson Signs with Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems fair enough to me. Category B kids haven't played footy for years, them playing straight away is absolutely no chance at all. What would be the point of insisting they sit on the sidelines for a set period of time?

Yep, if you're trying to entice athletes from other sports, making them sit out of sport for several months might be a deterrent.

194 cm midfielder... damn. Looks like he knows how to weave through traffic too and mark overhead. Very exciting prospect! Reckon he will break into 1sts before we know it but maybe not this year.
Just think this year is a bridge way to far.
Surely need a solid pre season at this level.

Ok folks do your work.

What do you think of Tom Wilson?
Where do you think he may have gone in his draft year?

Any other info welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Pie 4 Life Snoop Dog Knightmare

Ok folks do your work.

Any other info welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Having impressed onlookers at the 2013 NAB AFL Under-16 Championships with Vic Metro, Wilson was named in the 2014 Level One AFL-AIS Academy squad alongside Callum Mills and Jacob Weitering.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-15/bidding-war-looms-if-basketballer-opts-for-footy-return

Ok folks do your work.

Any other info welcome.

Thanks in advance.

A big time pickup.

Ideal pickup as a KPP - mobile athlete and good at ground level. He's very AFL compatible and developable. What will be commented on immediately will be his drive. He wants to achieve big things. I'm sure he'll take that same attitude towards his footy.

Different sport, but no reason as with Alex Keath who was a similarly promising junior that Wilson can't in his own right have similar success.

A big time pickup.

Ideal pickup as a KPP - mobile athlete and good at ground level. He's very AFL compatible and developable. What will be commented on immediately will be his drive. He wants to achieve big things. I'm sure he'll take that same attitude towards his footy.

Different sport, but no reason as with Alex Keath who was a similarly promising junior that Wilson can't in his own right have similar success.
That’s fantastic.

Great feedback

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From afl.com.au

"Wilson used Geelong's training facilities last year ahead of the NBL season with his girlfriend's family owning a house in nearby Ocean Grove. "

Fair Enough but he Grew Up a Pies Man

He could play tonight if we wanted him to according to this article from The Age:

"Wilson's manager Robbie D'Orazio of Connors Sports negotiated three-year offers from both the Magpies and the Cats. Under the rules, he will able to play immediately for the Magpies, though he hasn't played the game for five years and there would be little expectation of him in 2019."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...and-ex-gun-junior-wilson-20190503-p51jps.html

I say he play next week in the VFL

Top inclusion in a year the club has no draft picks, feels a little like the Sier selection to me. He Looks like he has some raw talent from his early days footage.

A big time pickup.

I would be keen to give Sutherland a shake down from cricket shortly. Not exactly breaking the door down for Vic and didn’t play much Big Bash.

A big time pickup.

I reckon they'll try make him into P.Cripps 2.0, similar height and frame, should be great with his hands and in traffic.

Depends who you listen to
Some say top 30
Some say top 15
Some say top 10

If you ask me, and I’ve never seen him play or barely heard of him, I’d hes he’s a definite top 2 pick in any super draft past and present.

Will be another special we plucked from the clouds.... just wait for the moaning from opposition clubs in 12-18 months time when he’s AA, a brownlow medalist, aflpa winner, coleman medalist and norm smith medalist.

How many weeks training do we think he'll need before he might start getting some VFL games?

Is there a VAFA club we'd be allowed to play him in until he's ready for VFL?

For reference, how many VFL games did Keane / Tohill sit out? Around 4 IIRC?

Wilson would be less than that, he doesn’t need to come up to speed with the rules

Remove this Banner Ad

Back