2nds Port Adelaide vs Centrals - Round 6 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

If it doesn’t count for much what do you call the tripe we produced when Marshall wasn’t playing ?
What do you call the tripe we produced with him playing last night? He straightens is up but that’s nothing we wouldn’t get from Frampton/Ladhams

Billy has kicked 9 goals in the last two weeks.. I love ya Marshall but you gotta be dropped for billy

Frampton should be played in addition to Marshall.

We need to actually put an emphasis on developing bigs at AFL level unless we want to go every year complaining about not having a key forward. I would legitimately rather drop Sam Gray or Westhoff.

Dropping Marshall to play billy is pointless

We’ve got plenty of small players who aren’t giving a contest shove one of them out.

Much rather watch and see what happens when billy and Marshall draw tall defenders away. My bet is Ebert and Rozee tear teams a new one while our forward fifty entries suddenly look mint despite it being the same guys kicking into 50 as last night
I could live with this

b6d3eb6b-3ae9-424e-8e3e-b99c662cf78b.png

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

And the tripe yesterday with him playing

Marshall has zero to do with that loss yesterday and to make him the scapegoat for it is laughable

The midfield got ******* owned

******* owned

You should have about 8 midfielders in the ******* firing line before bringing up Marshall’s performance.

It's pretty cool to see two project talls performing well.. whether they ever get picked is another issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall has zero to do with that loss yesterday and to make him the scapegoat for it is laughable

******* owned

You should have about 8 midfielders in the ******* firing line before bringing up Marshall’s performance.
If the midfielders were crap then bring in midfielders.

Kai Pudney is averaging 26 disposals at 82% efficiency. Quietly building.
Pudney has been incredibly consistent and amongst the best. I think we have an absolute ripper of a player once his skill level improves. He will be one of the few players on our list who plays four quarters.

The players we want and need to be playing well at SANFL level are doing it.

Hinkley needs to reward this and show more imagination than bringing in just Motlop this week (or Amon last week).

Farrell, Garner, Ladhams, Frampton, Atley all belong to our future. Our AFL side is not playing at such a level that we can't justify giving each of these players a go at some stage this year.

Out: Amon. In: Farrell.
Out: DBJ. In: Garner
Out: Butters: In: Frampton.
Out: Bonner: In: Jonas

You could justifiably make those changes this week based on the form of all players concerned.

Hell, I wouldn't bat an eyelid if Wines or Drew came out for Atley.

Last edited:
If Ebert is ruled out, it must be Billy time.

Yeah Ebert realistically is playing as a medium forward who sometimes gets moved up the ground

We’re not losing much replacing him with a tall when we can just offer more midfield time to drew or someone else anyway.

Whatever run we lose could be replaced by picking another runner anyway.

******* owned

He was pathetic. I'd pretty well put a line through him on that performance. Didn't even want to attack the ball.

He was pathetic. I'd pretty well put a line through him on that performance. Didn't even want to attack the ball.

I'm not sure that there's ever been a Port player in history who you haven't put a line through.

Frampton would have kicked anywhere between 6 and 10 with a bit of sympathy from the umps. Had Centrals defenders hanging off him like groupies on Mick Jagger in the 60s. And the elbow injury didnt help. After he came back on he carried it around like a wooden attachment. Still kicked a couple more.

Garner looks set to go. Well balanced and very composed. Hits the ball hard and at speed. Delivers a scathing left foot kick. Smacked a doggie with a bone jarring bump that left him wondering if his bones were still in alignment.

Farrell did everything you could want. Found the ball, was strong overhead and his kicking is so penetrating.

Motlop was always dangerous and into everything. Loves the razzle dazzle and it is extraordinary when it comes off. But he does the bread and butter stuff too.

Atley worked into it. Not afraid to throw his weight around. Won the ball and has a bit of pace and acceleration away from the contest. Needs to be little cleaner at ground level.

Ladhams was immense. You all saw it. Smashed the Centrals rucks. So strong overhead. And runs around like a mid. That snap goal was insane. Dominated the air.

Tobin Cox is very good. His marking is eye catching and he will take the shot anywhere inside 50. Not afraid of the responsibility and an accurate set shot kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back