Autopsy Swans Vs Bombers, R8 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be happy to take the losses through this season if we played like we did last night
We looked a different team.

Dawson, COR, Blakey, McCartin, Aliir, Florent, Hayward all something to look forward to in coming years
Rampe, Parker, Kennedy, Jones , Hewett all had good games

The low total Inside 50s are still a concern, but it is being masked by our high conversion rate

Where did you get this from mate? There have been patches of these efforts all year, just not consistent for four quarters. It clearly has had nothing to do with being 'allowed'.

What you and others with you are effectively saying is that John Longmire is tanking his own career on purpose! The complete lack of logic in this just defeats me!

Very well said Kirky.

I'd be happy to take the losses through this season if we played like we did last night
We looked a different team.

Dawson, COR, Blakey, McCartin, Aliir, Florent, Hayward all something to look forward to in coming years
Rampe, Parker, Kennedy, Jones , Hewett all had good games

The low total Inside 50s are still a concern, but it is being masked by our high conversion rate
Ultimately it was our team defence that won us the game because our inside 50s & score was pretty much the same as it has been for weeks. Defending by our mids was where we were getting thrashed in other words contested ball.
I'm happy that Horse finally allowed the players to go harder at the contest.:rolleyes:

Where did you get this from mate? There have been patches of these efforts all year, just not consistent for four quarters. It clearly has had nothing to do with being 'allowed'.

What you and others with you are effectively saying is that John Longmire is tanking his own career on purpose! The complete lack of logic in this just defeats me!

Hmm

Not really

Or are you saying Longmire changed nothing at all and made 0 adjustments over the year and this is in affect nothing to do with him

Was pleased to hear COR after the game saying that Horse and the coaches just told him to back himself and his game and said something like “it’s great to hear that from John and the coaches just telling me to back myself”.

The coincidence that he was likely dropped for poor discipline in giving away 100m, only to get one himself back in the very next game he is selected in is quite funny. I am sure the boys and coaches got a laugh out of that.

We definitely made an effort to switch less and drive the ball whenever possible long and deep inside 50.

Also in some ways backed a bit out of the stoppage causing us to lose the clearances (-11) but put more emphasis on putting pressure on the outlet ball which meant we were able to turn over a lot more of their opportunities going forward and turned them into opportunities of our own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thurlow looked to gain massive confidence as the game progressed. If we can get him firing it would relieve a lot of pressure off of Lloyd and make us far less predictable outside 50.

Blakely is a jet. The more he learns off of Franklin the better (hard to see them both firing in the same team however).

One thing I didn't see much of last night was players handing off to other players under more pressure. It was fantastic to see. Our decision making was much improved last night!

Significantly more composure from our players.

Congratulations on the win.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the match. In case you haven't seen one of these posts before, this is an overall summary of how often your players started as one of the 5 mids at centre bounces.

Overall Summary - 25 Bounces

Florent 22 wing
Hewett 22 (2w)
Jones 21 (20w, 1i)
Kennedy 19
Parker 17
Heeney 15 (3w)
Fox 4
Dawson 2 wing
Papley 2
Jack 1 wing

Rucks:

Sinclair 23 (T-Bell 19)
Reid 2 (Z.Clarke/Stringer 6)

1st Half - 15

Florent 14 wing
Hewett 13 (1w)
Jones 13 wing
Kennedy 11
Parker 10
Heeney 9
Fox 2
Dawson 1 wing
Papley 1
Jack 1 wing

Sinclair 14
Reid 1

Final Term - 5

Hewett 5 (1w)
Florent 4 wing
Kennedy 4
Jones 4 (3w, 1i)
Heeney 4 (2w, 2i)
Parker 3
Papley 1

Sinclair 5

Hmm

Not really

Or are you saying Longmire changed nothing at all and made 0 adjustments over the year and this is in affect nothing to do with him
We scored 77 points for the match only this time we won.
Nothing changed other than the players switching on to their defensive duties for 4 quarters when we didn't have the ball.
Let's just leave it at that because Horse will either move on or be reappointed for another 2 years if we turn things around & get some good footy out of the youngsters.
Not to mention there may already be plans in place where he is going elsewhere & we have our eyes set on someone to takeover the reigns. Too much angst over something that clearly won't happen until year's end at least.
Horse is not getting the flick early, of that we must all agree on.

Couldn't care anymore on whether he should or shouldn't be our coach but apart from winding people on here up last night, it was very enjoyable to see the younger players contribute a little more than they all have in earlier games. That's experience for you & young Blakey & Dawson both doing things much needed by the team such as Blakey's desperate tackles & Dawson's gutsy intercept marking down back.

Enough from me.

Melican stepped through a couple of opponents tonight like he did in his breakout season.

That play where he just cruised out of congestion and bewildered everyone was great to see.

McCartin
Blakey
Dawson
Heyward
Florent
Heeney
Mills
Papley
Jones
Hewitt

I know the club doesn't like the R word but if we are just doing that then these 10 players are going to fast track it for us. Some really good signs last night, we may not win a heap of games this year but if we continue to play in that style the good times will return sooner rather than later.

Also may I suggest to the list management team that since we love giving out big contracts to key forwards that they repeat the cycle with McCartin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back