Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For a lot of people, myself included, little will change. If you’re on the fringe, things can get ****ed quickly. We’ve got people being unfairly thrown off what little benefits they get, people with a disability being denied help. Some of that may have still happened under Labor but probably less. Things can change for the worse for plenty.

Given how stagnant wages have been for several years (I can attest), it’s a strange call. Just continuing along doesn’t do anything for our bottom line in the long term.

Not the politics board so what go into the ins and outs. But what I don't get is everyone "seems" unhappy, wages, housing, jobs, childcare, health issues , climate change etc(which are all relevant) yet majority the one slither of power they get vote the same way. Either stockholm syndrome or people just complain for the sake of complaining and actually are just needlessly creating drama and like the way things are.

No secret I am not a fan of the Government I guess. But am surprised by the reaction. WTF did everyone think was going to happen? People had the chance to vote differently last time after Abbott, Hockey etc then the shift to Turnbull as a life raft. Rinse repeat 3 years later why would things change?

No secret I am not a fan of the Government I guess. But am surprised by the reaction. WTF did everyone think was going to happen? People had the chance to vote differently last time after Abbott, Hockey etc then the shift to Turnbull as a life raft. Rinse repeat 3 years later why would things change?
The Libs has a huge head start last time. They did get a kicking, being forced into minority government from a big majority. Given the internal ructions continued, most people expected the kicking to get harder, just like the ALP squandered a big majority in 2010 and then got turfed.

Morrison basically said he'd do nothing so nothing will change.

Shorten said he's do a bunch of stuff but multinationals would pay for it all so nothing would've changed.

Multinational and boomers
The two things that piss people off the most and they declined the opportunity - interesting

Multinational and boomers
The two things that piss people off the most and they declined the opportunity - interesting

Unfortunately with anonymous voting you can't profile by age, income etc. I know people my age that voted Liberal and Greens but very few who voted for anyone else. People my parents age tend to vote more Liberal which is a Howard era carryover. When I was a kid business owners, doctors, Christians etc voted for them but the rest voted ALP and hated the silvertails. Now they're 60+ they have turned their backs on Labor.

Put Turnbull in front of either campaign of the two major parties and he wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things I don't understand: why 3 or 4 different people asked me how to get to their seats at tonight's A-league GF. I'm not wearing a high vis vest, I don't work here...

They wanted you to channel your inner Homer Simpson

General question, what savings did you have at 20 years of age? 25? 30? (not sure how old you are but you get the drift)

Most people I know who 'cant afford a house' either want a 4 bedroom house in expensive suburbs or haven't saved (buy a brand new car rather than 2nd hand car, go on an overseas holiday annually etc or just generally blow all their money). Then get to 30 and cry poor.

As for the newstart, if you are on $277 p/w it would be tough but yes, you would have to rent a room, not a house until you get an education/job etc. Cant just expect the government to pay the bills

If they had significant savings, they wouldn't be on Newstart, because Centrelink requires you to declare and checks the amount of money in your account when applying, and requires you to use and live off your savings before starting payments.

If they had significant savings, they wouldn't be on Newstart, because Centrelink requires you to declare and checks the amount of money in your account when applying, and requires you to use and live off your savings before starting payments.
Yep, put yourself below the poverty line before our payments keep you there.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back