Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty dumb post Bicks, I normally like what you have to say. When was the last time you spoke directly to MB?
I recon he would be pretty pissed off with your inference.
Mick Malthouse was a very good coach in his day too....see Carlton

Malcolm Blight was a very good coach in his day too....see St.Kilda.

Leigh Matthews was a great coach in his day too.....see had the good sense to go out when the time was right.

Pretty dumb post Bicks, I normally like what you have to say. When was the last time you spoke directly to MB?
I recon he would be pretty pissed off with your inference.
I highly doubt either Malcolm or Leigh would come to SA to be a senior coach. Could be wrong but they look like they are enjoying their media commitments. At ages > 65 I think they would both be looking for more leisure time - not hard work. Malcolm definitely wouldn't be afraid to change things up on game day though.

I highly doubt either Malcolm or Leigh would come to SA to be a senior coach. Could be wrong but they look like they are enjoying their media commitments. At ages > 65 I think they would both be looking for more leisure time - not hard work. Malcolm definitely wouldn't be afraid to change things up on game day though.

I thought MB was already here? Not that I think he should coach us at his advanced age.

Beverage an absolute N O - NO and so is Luke Beveridge.

Do Matthews and Blight come with....

View attachment 660500

And Longmire is a NO, another coach that seems incapable of changing things up on game day when the Swans are struggling.
I hope you weren’t thinking that was a list of coaches I want?

Oh thought you meant as a Campo replacement
Yeah he wouldn't come for that, and fair enough.

Would have Caracella to take over from Campo in a heart beat.

I Campo is part of the problem

Not because a few mouth breathers think he’s a nong, he ain’t, quite the opposite

I think the problem is that campo is good, and has become rusted on and maybe has the ear of a few too many people

He’s not that fussed about a Head job (boom tish) so he’s an over qualified senior assistant

I reckon he probably has the ear of a few board members and senior execs, who wouldn’t be afraid of asking him what he thinks when things are going south.

This inadvertently makes him the king maker, the guy people listen to. In doing so, it fundamentally undermines the head coach without meaning to or doing anything at all. It’s not his fault

How can Don manage or trust a guy he knows has everyone’s ear. A bit like the bosses son.

He’s no fool, and he’s a good contributor, but there must be a little mistrust when you’ve got a guy there who is rusted on.

You see him to talking to people, suddenly a couple of board members start suggesting ideas you know came from him - and you don’t like

And it’s because everyone knows Campo is a good performer, but he’s been there too long for Don to really trust him

He needs to go to let Don breathe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a 70 year old Malcolm Blight was to coach us to a Premiership in 2020 he'd be the oldest coach by a big stretch by my reckoning to coach an AFL Premier so no I don't believe it's a dumb post at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_VFL/AFL_premiership_captains_and_coaches
Malcolm has kept himself really fit, my reference was to the zimmer frame. He can still smash the golf ball a lot further than me. I think hes lapping up retirement back in SA too much to worry about coaching. Would make an excellent reviewer of our processes though.

I Campo is part of the problem

Not because a few mouth breathers think he’s a nong, he ain’t, quite the opposite

I think the problem is that campo is good, and has become rusted on and maybe has the ear of a few too many people

He’s not that fussed about a Head job (boom tish) so he’s an over qualified senior assistant

I reckon he probably has the ear of a few board members and senior execs, who wouldn’t be afraid of asking him what he thinks when things are going south.

This inadvertently makes him the king maker, the guy people listen to. In doing so, it fundamentally undermines the head coach without meaning to or doing anything at all. It’s not his fault

How can Don manage or trust a guy he knows has everyone’s ear. A bit like the bosses son.

He’s no fool, and he’s a good contributor, but there must be a little mistrust when you’ve got a guy there who is rusted on.

You see him to talking to people, suddenly a couple of board members start suggesting ideas you know came from him - and you don’t like

And it’s because everyone knows Campo is a good performer, but he’s been there too long for Don to really trust him

He needs to go to let Don breathe
Knowing this guy survives every time a senior coach gets the ax must make you wonder just who he is friends with and what he's saying to the higher ups when you're in Pyke's position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back