Autopsy Rd 11 Carlton vs Essendon - So what did you get up to this weekend?

Who were our best players in round 12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not an excuse but it is the main reason
You might be too close to see it mate. I love your positive attitude and love for the club, but i just can't imagine any list doing well with this 'pick up ball, slam it on the boot' type brand. It also shows up the deficiency of our age and experience. At least they could play a style that doesn't exacerbate our problems. I'm so damn low after this week.

GO BLUES

Seeing the captain not give two hoots, or at least not give what we know his capable of cos he's had enough or whatever it is, has been the final thing to actually depress me. I mean I've learnt to switch off emotionally with this team when we have bad losses, but that just breaks me. Not you Crippa, not you.

So players like SPS, Plowman, Marchbank, Charlie don’t have the ability to pull their finger out and show leadership.. age, games played is not an excuse to not at least show will and effort.

Will and effort != leadership. Will and effort is about your own game. Leadership means encouraging others to show more will and effort.

Agree that will and effort were far too low today. Lack of leadership is not an excuse, but it certainly didn't help.

I honestly don't know what to write. We've shown so much yet progressed so little this season that it's infuriating. Today is the straw that broke the camel's back. Football died a bit inside me today. I can't keep doing this week in week out. I am sick of waiting for the tide to turn. I know it eventually will and we'll be okay, but right now it seems years away. Bolton is done. He is not the man to lead this club into the future, we've gone backwards, I've never seen our skills so deplorable. Today reeks of Ratten vs Gold Coast, a half-baked team that we should be beating.

No heart, no idea, no anything.

Unfortunately can't see Bolton making it past the bye, it was crystal clear when we came out at half time flatter than we went in we were in big trouble. Don't think Bolton is the only issue. List management and board have to be questioned.

I can honestly say the best thing to come out of my Carlton membership was the $1,000 hyandai cashback.

I still had faith up until the North game. Now I am just horrified by what the team is producing on game day.

It's obvious that The coaches have no idea and have totally lost out young playing group. In doing so sapping all confidence from them.
They are like little kids waiting for an adult to save them from a nightmare.

Cripps is shattered, Murphy has been broken for years and Gibbs who we thought was a star is getting dropped at Adelaide (just shows how S#!t we've been)

We are so far from AFL standard it's not funny.

I blame the coaching group and not SOS who I believe has brought in enough talent. Yes he took some salary dumps also but the Talent is there.
The Coaching group has absolutely ruined these young kids dreams of playing AFL.
These should be the best years of their lives instead they probably go home after each game feeling depressed and anxious and second guessing themselves and their ability.

Absolutely shattered here. I grew up in Brunswick and would walk to Princess park as a kid to watch SOS, Sticks, Hannah, Brown etc play and loved it thinking the Blues would be the mightiest team forever.

My 5 year old son asks me every weekend why i am so angry, and now he just asks if Carlton is playing.
I have realised that Football no longer brings me Joy, only anger and I don't want my family being exposed to that.
Right now the Carlton football club has taken something which i loved and destroyed it. I don't think I can pay for another membership next year, not for what they dish up.

At least Liverpool won.
I feel exactly the same way. My 9 year old son just said to me “I don’t think I can follow Carlton anymore, I’m sick of being teased at school”. What this club has become is heart breaking...and not just for 9 year olds!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time I seen the hitouts to advantage it was 11-2 against Kruezer and then he hit one down Hepels throat. Doesn't help us win the ball.

Kreuzer has never been a great tap ruckman. His value is in negating the other ruck while being an extra midfielder and applying intense pressure. If the midfield is no good however, his shortfalls become more pronounced.

You might be too close to see it mate. I love your positive attitude and love for the club, but i just can't imagine any list doing well with this 'pick up ball, slam it on the boot' type brand. It also shows up the deficiency of our age and experience. At least they could play a style that doesn't exacerbate our problems. I'm so damn low after this week.

GO BLUES
Agree, even just saying play a possession game... which I suspect we don’t do because our coaches know our skills are awful (of which nothing has been done in that department for 15 years). There is no cohesion between any lines, no will or desire to hunt or play for one another

Sadly, sacking Bolton will be just another bandaid fix. I call for an independent audit and review of every facet of this once proud club.

The club as a whole is NOT broken.

There is no need to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

People like Andrew Russell, SOS, Agrestra, even Dale Amos are all part of the solution.

It is pretty obvious now that:

- Coach (Bolts) and most of the assistant (Barker, Teague, Stanton) are hopeless

- Midfield demographics are killing us at the moment

This is Bulldogs (McCartney) situation. It can be solved if we get a better conductor.

You have been seeing it for years, yet we turned over almost our whole list in 4 years.

It's more than that. 7 out of the 22 today came from other clubs and one of them was Ed Curnow who has been a decent servant over the years.

I'll take my straight jacket on that particular point.
And the talent we have let go which has genrrally flourished in other clubs includes Betts, Touhy, Gibbs(?), Henderson, Waite, Garlett, Jacobs.....does the club really know what its doing?

I
I still had faith up until the North game. Now I am just horrified by what the team is producing on game day.

It's obvious that The coaches have no idea and have totally lost out young playing group. In doing so sapping all confidence from them.
They are like little kids waiting for an adult to save them from a nightmare.

Cripps is shattered, Murphy has been broken for years and Gibbs who we thought was a star is getting dropped at Adelaide (just shows how S#!t we've been)

We are so far from AFL standard it's not funny.

I blame the coaching group and not SOS who I believe has brought in enough talent. Yes he took some salary dumps also but the Talent is there.
The Coaching group has absolutely ruined these young kids dreams of playing AFL.
These should be the best years of their lives instead they probably go home after each game feeling depressed and anxious and second guessing themselves and their ability.

Absolutely shattered here. I grew up in Brunswick and would walk to Princess park as a kid to watch SOS, Sticks, Hannah, Brown etc play and loved it thinking the Blues would be the mightiest team forever.

My 5 year old son asks me every weekend why i am so angry, and now he just asks if Carlton is playing.
I have realised that Football no longer brings me Joy, only anger and I don't want my family being exposed to that.
Right now the Carlton football club has taken something which i loved and destroyed it. I don't think I can pay for another membership next year, not for what they dish up.

At least Liverpool won.
I'm feeling the same way and my two young kids (6 and 8) see me get angry and tell me to turn it off. We live near Geelong and I wish I hadn't brainwashed them to support Carlton. The journey to Melbourne each home game with my children no longer brings joy, just pure frustration at watching the same insipidness unfold just about every game.

I can't stand soccer but maybe I need to give it another go.

SOS has to be in the fun too. He’s turned a whole playing list over, brought in several lemons for costly picks whilst also benefit from several high draft picks. Getting in the likes of McKay and Walsh does not overshadow the picks that have been burnt on players that were not up to Afl standard. You’re a great of the game SOS, but your list manager skills resemble David McKay - I.e. you have nfi how the hell they got to 200 games

Seeing the captain not give two hoots, or at least not give what we know his capable of cos he's had enough or whatever it is, has been the final thing to actually depress me. I mean I've learnt to switch off emotionally with this team when we have bad losses, but that just breaks me. Not you Crippa, not you.

Yep Cripps has been a frustrated figure the last few weeks and has been playing poorly...hasn't played well since the Collingwood game.

The players were giving effort earlier this year but it looks like they don't believe in the game plan and what they're doing anymore.

This is what will force the club to sack Bolton.

Back