Opinion Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

That's crazy talk to suggest they're going to pick Willem Drew ahead of the co captain in Wines.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If they take the slower approach with Wines and give him another week in the SANFL and in turn give a game to Drew I will fully support that.

Edit: Rockliff might end up being in instead anyway.

Reckon we’ll bring back Wines, Dixon, Rockliff, Ebert and Hartlett within the next two weeks for wrong or right. Players like Drew or Garner might deserve it more but cannot see the club leaving that experience in the SANFL for too long. So I’m thinking over the next two weeks it’ll be something like:

In: Hartlett, Dixon, Wines, Rockliff, Ebert
Out: Broadbent, S.Gray, Farrell, Bonner (Unlucky I know after the China game), then most likely Lienert or Butters, depends how Ken decides he wants to structure the team.

Edit: Forgot about Motlop, could drop out instead of Farrell or the fifth spot.

Last edited:
I don't think Hartlett is anywhere near it for both fitness and form. Struggling big time.
No he isn't, was pretty good against glenelg, very clean and a class above in shitty wet conditions, and was good again today v sturt. Didn't get a stack of cheap meaningless stats but was very strong defensively and looked sharp out there.

I'd play Garner ahead on form, but he isn't too far away.

Reckon we’ll bring back Wines, Dixon, Rockliff, Ebert and Hartlett within the next two weeks for wrong or right. Players like Drew or Garner might deserve it more but cannot see the club leaving that experience in the SANFL for too long. So I’m thinking over the next two weeks it’ll be something like:

In: Hartlett, Dixon, Wines, Rockliff, Ebert
Out: Broadbent, S.Gray, Farrell, Bonner (Unlucky I know after the China game), then most likely Lienert or Butters, depends how Ken decides he wants to structure the team.

Edit: Forgot about Motlop, could drop out instead of Farrell or the fifth spot.
That would be horrible, we can't keep doing the sane thing and hoping for a different result. We must keep as many younger blokes in the team as possible. At this stage they're better anyway.

All of Dixon, Wines, Hartlett, Rocky and Ebert likely to put their hand up, but we shouldn't bring all in, we'll be exposing way too much match fitness, and when Dixon is the fastest of the 5, we'll be losing a lot of speed unless the outs are like for like, which Ken doesn't do. Broady is another slow player who will go out, but the likes of Motlop, Farell and Bonner are probably the most likely to come out, and we're losing a lot of pace there.

Sounds like Hartlett needs more fitness and form, so is an easy one to leave in the SANFL. With how much time he's missed, probably best to give Dixon 1 more SANFL match too. I doubt Ken will do that, he wants him back ASAP, but we've been patient to this point, so seems stupid to rush him now.

Wines and Rocky will definitely come back in. If we were serious, I'd say give Ebert one game in the SANFL too, but that won't happen.

Hammer isn't screaming pick me. Drew and Garner are I'm not sure Hammer has that many credits he should be holding them out.
Ollie and Rocky are no brainers straight back in.
Would be pretty angry if Dixon was considered for another couple of weeks. Break him down and people should lose their jobs.

Broady out. Motlop out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Ross Lyon being so defensive based it is going to be a crash and bash midfield game. Charlie will be better for more opportunities up forward in the SANFL which will build his tank. Robbie and Connor up Forward frees Connor up to use his speed. Maybe Garner for Leinart and possibly Ollie for Motlop (if Robbie goes deeper forward). I’m worried about this Oval being tough on Uncle Pattys Achilles too. Hartlett, Evert and Dixon to play SANFL vs Norwood. Can’t understand why Sam Gray is constantly talked about being dropped. Incredible work rate and haven’t seen a poor game this year since he’s gone up.

With Ross Lyon being so defensive based it is going to be a crash and bash midfield game. Charlie will be better for more opportunities up forward in the SANFL which will build his tank. Robbie and Connor up Forward frees Connor up to use his speed. Maybe Garner for Leinart and possibly Ollie for Motlop (if Robbie goes deeper forward). I’m worried about this Oval being tough on Uncle Pattys Achilles too. Hartlett, Evert and Dixon to play SANFL vs Norwood. Can’t understand why Sam Gray is constantly talked about being dropped. Incredible work rate and haven’t seen a poor game this year since he’s gone up.
Assuming Rockliff not ready of course. If Rocky is ready then we lose some leg speed and as good as he’s been playing, because of the game being a crash and bash low scoring game, I might think Butters might miss or Farrell might not be of value up forward.

Hopefully we gained some confidence from our last trip there. I get the feeling it's gonna be a harder slog than the WC game.

Pick on form not favourites.

Foolish if Ken rushes back in the oldies.

Man the Melts If we lose will be huge,
Especially if we pick bad selections.
Especially as Geelong is the week after.

Season over if we lose the next two.

Ken can watch the Crows play finals instead.

With the proposed dropping of Lienert - by some posters - they seem to forget his extreme value in kicking in after a behind has been scored. In China he was regularly landing the ball on the centre wing and it proved to be a decided advantage to us. His kicks were either being marked or the crumbs being exploited for a forward thrust.
He stays in the team.
This game is a “must win” and the selection of the final 22 must be spot on.
I really don’t like their job in deciding to be bring in experience or staying with the youth policy.
One or two incorrect selections could cost us our season!

I like the mix we had for last weeks game. I wouldn't be rushing too many experienced players in unless form absolutely warrants it, as we'd be losing a lot of pace and skill in the process. I'm only looking forward to seeing Hartlett and Dixon from that lot anyway.

Rockliff and Garner in.
Motlop and Broadbent out

We shouldn't be risking Dixon on that deck but Kenny has more than likely already booked the camera crew to record Dixons selection come Thursday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back