Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood have an absurd amount of capable small/medium forwards. De Goey, Stephenson, WHE, Elliott, Thomas.

Ridiculous the depth they have in those positions.

And we thought the same in 2016

Stringer Dahl Clay McLean Hunter Dunkley Picken

Swings and round abouts it’s their style and structure that wins them games

And we thought the same in 2016

Stringer Dahl Clay McLean Hunter Dunkley Picken

Swings and round abouts it’s their style and structure that wins them games

I know you're not a fan of him but Dickson was part of that too. 50 goals in 2015 and 40 in 2016.

But yes it was a major strength of ours and now its basically non-existent. It's been a huge part of our drop off.

I know you're not a fan of him but Dickson was part of that too. 50 goals in 2015 and 40 in 2016.

But yes it was a major strength of ours and now its basically non-existent. It's been a huge part of our drop off.

Actually just forgot him but you are right he is on that list for 2016.

Dickson is a finisher and that’s it, give him the ball and he would use it but isn’t getting many possies of his own making

Means in a good team he is handy but in a bad one he is next to useless

We should have nabbed WHE when he was going cheap.

I was very keen at the time. However, since then I've got to know him tangentially through a friends son and he had no interest in coming to the dogs at any price.

FWIW seems Melbourne and St Kilda going hard at Alex Keith.

Im not convinced. I hope we stay away from that one. Not for the 600k offer that is being floated about.

Would be handy for us! Not sure why Melbourne are going after him. They have Lever, May and O.McDonald

I wouldn’t mind Weideman if we could get him for 400-450.

Then I’d be keen on McKernan and I’d trade Williams to Adelaide for Jenkins and a pick.

In one trade period we get KP help back and forward, ruck assistance and shouldn’t cost us too much.

Draft primarily small/med goal kickers.

These are the deals I believe we can get done not pipe dreams.

Then I’d be keen on McKernan and I’d trade Williams to Adelaide for Jenkins and a pick.

In one trade period we get KP help back and forward, ruck assistance and shouldn’t cost us too much.

Weideman signed a new contract 2-3 days ago

Weideman just re signed two years mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which of those would you play back? All seems like pure forwards to me.

Our recruiting and trade strategy has just not been good enough. if we stop comparing ourselves to the worst and say we compare ourselves to geelong. Very envious of Geelong who drafts readymade players such as Atkin and Darcy Fort last year. these 2 would walk into our lineup this year. instead we draft half backs and draft and elevate ordinary footscray players. what is going on?

The recruitment of Duryea was downright bizarre. I think he’s a decent player but the reasoning for another half back flanker, when we all ready had Suckling, Wood, JJ, Daniel and Crozier as best 22 small/medium defenders was overkill. Throw in Williams and Richards who have played there and it still makes no sense.

Meanwhile we are crying out for a small forward who provides tackling pressure.

Article today saying Freo to go hard at English. This is going to give me anxiety every season I reckon.
I’d be asking for Darcy back and bettering our draft position. A big solid ruckman wouldn’t be the end of the world.

The recruitment of Duryea was downright bizarre. I think he’s a decent player but the reasoning for another half back flanker, when we all ready had Suckling, Wood, JJ, Daniel and Crozier as best 22 small/medium defenders was overkill. Throw in Williams and Richards who have played there and it still makes no sense.

Only reason I can see is that in 2015, 2016 and 2017, we had a lot of experience down back and since Boyd and Murphy have moved on, maybe we were after another experienced head down there. As I said, that’s the only thing I can think of.

I don't feel comfortable with the thought of Darling running out in a Bulldogs jumper, especially on a big chunk of money.
I've never liked the way he plays the game, as a big bloke who seems to steer clear of physical contact.
In any case, I can't see him leaving home and the cosy confines of the Eagles forward line for Melbourne's wild west and the uncertainty of the Dogs' forward line.
And assuming Naughton stays forward he would be the one crashing packs and taking the hits while Darling skips around picking up crumbs and lurking, like Stringer, for easy goals out the back.
He should also be mindful of how the last high-priced forward who came to the Dogs was treated by elements of the media.
I might think more highly of him if he indicated he was fired up for the challenge.
But somehow I just don't see it.

Last edited:
Article today saying Freo to go hard at English. This is going to give me anxiety every season I reckon.

Don't panic. Next to zero chance we let him go with another year left on his contract. If we did then Freo would have to pay massive overs. We have the cap to match any offer they make to him as well so they would be 100% relying on him wanting to go home which he doesn't. Just media bullshit similar to us going after Darling. Last trade season it was meant to be West Coast who were going hard at him :drunk:

I didn't get it when it first happened but it's making a lot more sense now. We desperately need somebody to organise that defence like Morris and Boyd were capable of doing. It's pretty damning that our captain and two others in our leadership group don't provide that but not that surprising seeing as two of them are our more inconsistent players and the other is constantly struggling there (Trengove).

I’d be asking for Darcy back and bettering our draft position. A big solid ruckman wouldn’t be the end of the world.

I think if Freo want English it would be because they're thinking of trading Darcy to Geelong as part of the Kelly deal. No idea what they'd be offering us. Maybe Taberner plus their first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back