Scandal Jaidyn Stephenson - Betting on Pies games

Remove this Banner Ad

$36 in betts and you want the same penalty as your drug cheating players copped?

$36 or $3600, he still bet on markets he had the ability to manipulate. The money doesn’t matter.

It’s not as if he wasn’t educated on these things.

He’s lucky it wasn’t a whole lot more, in many countries it’s a life ban.

I do wonder under what circumstances those 12 weeks get activated.
I'll give you a hint. Under no circumstances will they ever be activated.
Yeah it is a joke - there shouldn't be a suspended sentence, just the 10 weeks.
Kicked out if you get caught betting on AFL again.

Just like in 2011 when Essendon assistant coach Dean Wallis was banned by the league for 14 games and paid a $7,500 for betting on three AFL games including on his own club.
(Wallis didn't self report either, got caught and tried to lie too but caught on CCTV placing the bets)
And I'd be happy for Dean to be banned for life.

Next?

Tony Jones saying he feels sorry for him...................Eddie will be at his best tomorrow trying to defend this. Considering how many carers these two have ruined of players from other clubs with their muck rackering they should shut up.

Oh come on you can do better....in many countries there is a death penalty.

Your point? A 10 game suspension for match fixing is a brilliant outcome, especially when you’re betting on margins and goal scorers.

Some countries stone women to death who commit an adultery.

I’m not implying that he deserves the extreme (life suspension) but he certainly got lucky.

Comparing outdated barbaric laws to sport is also a bit off.

Potentially yes - in this instance it didn't. They reviewed the game and determined that Stephenson did nothing to impact the game based on his specific bets.
Hefty suspension - kicked out of the game if you get caught betting again.
Suspension should be commensurate with what a thug gets for breaking someones jaw - Gaff 8 weeks, Lockett 10 weeks, Barry Hall 7 weeks.

Players already get others to place side bets for them to avoid detection penalty.

That's irrelevant.

He's lucky to get the majority of it suspended but don't try and downplay what he did it will do him no good to have people try and explain it away.

He had a rough draft year and I hope he comes back and does really well as we all make mistakes, especially when we are young.

Plenty of other sports to bet on if that's what he wants to do with his disposable income.

I did begrudgingly like watching him on the lead the other week. Could of had 8-9 if he kicked straight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is not about the eagles, it is about poor magpies culture. Stop divert attention away from the topic at hand.

My reply was to a comment on comment in this thread ..
Are u trying deny me a right of reply to someone's inane comment????? seriously? If i get your drift numpties can say anything about " .. the topic .." and NOT be challenged???

Strong rumour that persons connected to the Lions have paid the $36 gambling debt in an attempt to entice him to sign with them, as payback for Beams.

More to come

Don't think Greg Swan has the net worth to pay off a debt that large.

My reply was to a comment on comment in this thread ..
Are u trying deny me a right of reply to someone's inane comment????? seriously? If i get your drift numpties can say anything about " .. the topic .." and NOT be challenged???

Crying "w-well your club has problems too!" is not challenging them. It's just you shitting the bed when you've got nothing left in your arsenal, and it's incredibly boring.

I have previously worked in a suburban tab, I have seen plenty of players and coaches bet, they always do it on the ebt machines so no one knows what their bets are. I could easily find out what their bets were as the ebt has all the information of their bets.

If you dont think its rife u have another thing coming. Ebts give the punter some privacy but u would need that many officials looking into this and so much time invested into it. We simply wouldnt have a league if all of them were caught.

Crying "w-well your club has problems too!" is not challenging them. It's just you ****ting the bed when you've got nothing left in your arsenal, and it's incredibly boring.

no not crying just pointing out that those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones... so comments about culture coming from coaster and bomber supporters are LAUGHABLE. and and who could forget Kangaroos behaviour and culture... lmfao

Remove this Banner Ad

Back