Scandal Brownlow Betting Scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 - Chris Judd played 19 of possible 22 games and somehow won that year’s Brownlow Medal ahead of Dane Swan and Gary Ablett. He got off for an eye-gouge to Matthew Pavlich that season

Speaking of howlers, Draper's goal of the year where all he did was a failed half sidestep and then a brush off on Ballard (14kg lighter than Draper) and kicked a goal from 30-35m out pretty much straight in front.

Reckon there were 15 to 20 better round nominees easily.
Tbh, even with your description it sounds like a ripper goal

Was a fair enough winner

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pendlebury had a way better year than Swan in 2011 as well. Results were ****ed
M.Murphy won Carlton BnF and coaches association award in 2011.

Coaches had Murph 1st, Judd 2nd, Swan 5th and Pendles 6th.

Pies BnF was Pendles 1, Swan 2.

Judd got the players MVP nod.

Swan the brownlow, with Pendles 3rd, Judd = 5th and Murphy = 7th.

All awards slightly different polling methodology, all worthy recipients.

There is no single "opinion" on who is best, all awards have strenghts and weaknesses. Ultimately all come back to peoples opinions at some point.

M.Murphy won Carlton BnF and coaches association award in 2011.

Coaches had Murph 1st, Judd 2nd, Swan 5th and Pendles 6th.

Pies BnF was Pendles 1, Swan 2.

Judd got the players MVP nod.

Swan the brownlow, with Pendles 3rd, Judd = 5th and Murphy = 7th.

All awards slightly different polling methodology, all worthy recipients.

There is no single "opinion" on who is best, all awards have strenghts and weaknesses. Ultimately all come back to peoples opinions at some point.
My opinion that i would of won a shitload on a Pendlebury Brownlow bet should outweigh those though

I'd have a few in front of Bolton, but as a neutral, if Drapers is what the afl thinks is the pinnicle the 2,000 goals kicked for the year, then it just shows yet another disconnect between them and the fans about the game.
Well this is awkward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cannot think of a reason the emergency umps need/or otherwise get, access to the votes. Any idea? Is it just a normal topic for the umps to discuss the details among each other (which would seem natural since they’re all supposed to be trusted). Whatever the case, that practice will surely stop now.

I cannot think of a reason the emergency umps need/or otherwise get, access to the votes. Any idea? Is it just a normal topic for the umps to discuss the details among each other (which would seem natural since they’re all supposed to be trusted). Whatever the case, that practice will surely stop now.

They'd share a changeroom / warm up / cool down etc

I wouldnt imagine they are actively included in the voting but are going to hear the discussions goings on when they share the same 'office'

2010 - Chris Judd played 19 of possible 22 games and somehow won that year’s Brownlow Medal ahead of Dane Swan and Gary Ablett. He got off for an eye-gouge to Matthew Pavlich that season
The AFL knew they stuffed up, so they reversed it the next year and gave it to Swan when Judd should have got it. The clearest evidence of AFL corruption that has ever been seen.

I like this bit in the article - 'McLachlan went on to say that they are waiting for sigin off from Sportsbet CEO Barni Evans before being able to announce the appointment of a new umpire'

(not really, but would anyone really be surprised????)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back