Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

Two things that stood out to me about Jed:

1) his passing inside 50 under pressure. Always went fat side, which meant it gave our forwards a chance to run at the ball. Rather than the typical put it on Brown's head and watch him be mauled by 8 defenders.

2) Not sure if GR can bring up the vision.. But straight after the 3 qtr time siren when we really had the ascendancy.. Im pretty sure i saw Jed "wooooo" cos he was so pumped with the brutality of both his and the sides game. Almost like he'd just had a massive caterpillar of Escobar's personal batch.

The energy was electric!!

F$%*i love this bloke. Embodies everything this club stands for!!

2) Not sure if GR can bring up the vision.. But straight after the 3 qtr time siren when we really had the ascendancy.. Im pretty sure i saw Jed "wooooo" cos he was so pumped with the brutality of both his and the sides game. Almost like he'd just had a massive caterpillar of Escobar's personal batch.

Didn't the Treloar hit happen right on the siren?

EDIT - Brown, not Treloar.

Last edited:

Watching him just run through blokes this weekend gave me deja vu of Byron Pickett.

Same. The only difference being that with Byron the oppo doc used to run out holding a body bag, given the fact that head hits were legal.

Last edited:
Hit the sound button in the top corner for audio.

Goldy looked like he was going for the kill with the shepherd, too. Collingwood chaser went sideways.

To a point. Like it or not age counts. Mostly because it takes time to accumulate the sort of experience that gives you knowledge to impart to other players. Knowledge of what to do in some situations.

Obviously experience isn't dependent on age and older players aren't leaders by definition but experience and the subsequent knowledge it can give you increases the longer you hang around. And knowing what to do in a situation, which includes recognising the unusual things things that pop up infrequently and can throw plans out, is a fundamental part of leadership in any situation.

To a point. Like it or not age counts. Mostly because it takes time to accumulate the sort of experience that gives you knowledge to impart to other players. Knowledge of what to do in some situations.

Obviously experience isn't dependent on age and older players aren't leaders by definition but experience and the subsequent knowledge it can give you increases the longer you hang around. And knowing what to do in a situation, which includes recognising the unusual things things that pop up infrequently and can throw plans out, is a fundamental part of leadership in any situation.
“Other things being equal...”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Related and un-related but after Jed's smoking missile tackle here, can't help but go WOW at Jy's poise and clean hands to take the ball in full stride. It's obvious his first instinct was to bomb the ball forward aka Captain Jack, however he shows the skill and maturity to change his mind in a split second to hold onto the ball and push forward instead through congestion, pinpointing a pass inside 50.
What a group of indigenous boys we're assembling.

Related and un-related but after Jed's smoking missile tackle here, can't help but go WOW at Jy's poise and clean hands to take the ball in full stride. It's obvious his first instinct was to bomb the ball forward aka Captain Jack, however he shows the skill and maturity to change his mind in a split second to hold onto the ball and push forward instead through congestion, pinpointing a pass inside 50.
What a group of indigenous boys we're assembling.

I remember that - it was a very good sign for the future.

Its probably a bit of a kiss of death the day before a game but i think Jed is our most important player right now. I reckon he was showing signs of this from his first games and especially from 2 years ago - 2017 season. He just wasn't up to it conditioning and fitness wise. Not only has he forced himself up to this standard over the last 2 seasons he has dragged the team along with him. He sets the standard, the tone, the example, whatever you want to call it and has for two seasons. Jack is playing like a captain at the moment as well and hitting as hard as Jed and the more I think about it the more I see Jed being able to do that job too.

and congrats to BB....I have been a bit ctitical of his one dimensional play

he as been playing good football and we look a much better team for it
maybe he can play CHF and larks in the square?

and congrats to BB....I have been a bit ctitical of his one dimensional play

he as been playing good football and we look a much better team for it
maybe he can play CHF and larks in the square?
Problem with BB playing chf is if he takes a mark on the wing his to slow to dish it off .
Needs to work on it, to keep the play flowing and stopping the opposition from flooding back.

Last edited:
Its probably a bit of a kiss of death the day before a game but i think Jed is our most important player right now. I reckon he was showing signs of this from his first games and especially from 2 years ago - 2017 season. He just wasn't up to it conditioning and fitness wise. Not only has he forced himself up to this standard over the last 2 seasons he has dragged the team along with him. He sets the standard, the tone, the example, whatever you want to call it and has for two seasons. Jack is playing like a captain at the moment as well and hitting as hard as Jed and the more I think about it the more I see Jed being able to do that job too.

Jy really benefits from the chaos situations that Jed creates. Jed, time and again, causes the ball to pop up. This is the perfect situation for Jy because he arrives on the scene completely balanced and the field opens up in front of him. Right now the team is so well balanced. Atley, Zurhaar, LDU are all points of differences for us. With Durdin getting his confidence, it could, also, be a massive plus. Shaw has options to mix things up. I’m willing to bet that JMac figures again at some stage just to freshen things up - ironic as that may sound. If Maj comes good, then the selectors are in real trouble. Our biggest challenge now is maintaining the rage.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As I said 3 years ago...

You also said this 3 years ago:

Are you honestly that simplistic in that you really think that's all that would be needed to get a team of professional recruiting staff to draft a player from another club? You are completely deluded mate - that analysis is so rudimentary it's laughable. Cam and the team would have watched him for years and knew exactly what they were after when they went for him.

From what I understand, and I'm no recruiter, he was a pre-listed GWS priority player and was captain of the NT junior team - a very highly rated junior that Hawthorn got in a trade for a senior player they were happy to move on.

Now, Jed moved on for opportunity, because "when he looked at things practically, he knew Cyril Rioli, Luke Breust and Paul Puopolo were going to be hard to push past for quite a while yet. And so, nervously, he asked Alastair Clarkson if he could have a look around."
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...est-six-days-of-his-life-20160303-gna74a.html

Upon having a look around, the Hawthorn recruiting manager states, the "highly talented player" attracted some interest from eight clubs!
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/tradin...n-youngster-jed-anderson-20151016-gkao1t.html

To summarise, we have a pre-listed, stand out junior (which doesn't garuntee success admittedly - just ask Taylor Hine!) in one of the best teams of all time, who is still young, looking to move on, who chose our club over many others and who has many traits our team is crying out for - speed, hardness, youth and leadership. Apparently his skills are good when fully fit too - time will tell on that one, as they haven't been great to date - he'll admit that.

But what I can tell you for sure is - your simplistic take on the whole process is so far off the mark it is utterly ridiculous.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I can't believe I didn't like that at the time. Must have missed it or been away or something.

Jy really benefits from the chaos situations that Jed creates. Jed, time and again, causes the ball to pop up. This is the perfect situation for Jy because he arrives on the scene completely balanced and the field opens up in front of him. Right now the team is so well balanced. Atley, Zurhaar, LDU are all points of differences for us. With Durdin getting his confidence, it could, also, be a massive plus. Shaw has options to mix things up. I’m willing to bet that JMac figures again at some stage just to freshen things up - ironic as that may sound. If Maj comes good, then the selectors are in real trouble. Our biggest challenge now is maintaining the rage.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He just doesn't let the opposition have an easy contest ball get if he has a chance to stop them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back