Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not offended I am genuinely confused as to what you are trying to say.

Is it that you don't think Taylor has "x-factor"? If you just don't like the phrase offer up another one. Happy to hear a better idea always. Is it that you think saying that undersells him?

If you were comparing Sturt to Taylor and suggesting they are roughly equal then I would object immediately but as I said, I don't know if that is what you were saying.

What is X Factor?

Can Taylor do anything other than X Factor?

Was Sturt a better footballer than Taylor?

So outs for this year should be:
Bennell, Sandi, Ballas, Kersten
and maybe Jones.

In O’Reilly. Henry.

After Peel this week I’d keep Meeks.

I don’t think we need any more outs.

Rumour train had Langdon and Cox leaving heading home. Both worth keeping.

What is X Factor?

Can Taylor do anything other than X Factor?

Was Sturt a better footballer than Taylor?
The way I use it (and assume others do) is to refer to the fact they have exceptional talent (generally ball handling, kicking, goal sense) that is far above the average AFL player and at least somewhat unpredictable and flashy (to say distinguish them from someone like Hurn, who is very good, but is also very predictable). In other words, the players people most like to watch.

I think it's most common use is for players that have these skills but often don't display them consistently enough and is therefore roundabout way of saying they are very talented but also trying to distinguish them from other very talented players who aren't as easy on the eye.

Can't speak for what Taylor can do beyond yesterday's game (and glimpses of the other champs games) but I will say this. At no point, did I think he is a better footballer than what I saw of Sturt last year.

Love the look of so many of WA boys this year. that Champs game was the best game of footy I’ve watched all season.

Happy with any two of Henry (given), Robertson, Rivers, Jackson, Sharp, Taylor. Don’t even mind missing Kelly if it means nabbing a couple from this bunch, and that isn’t even including any of the Vic/SA/Allies boys.

Extremely impressed with Grainger-Barass as a bottom ager as well.

Re-watched the game a bit and I think I'd avoid Sharp unless its second round. He really isnt a fan of the hard stuff. The kicking is great (most times), the run is terrific and he has athelticism but I think you need to some mongrel in your players. Dont think Sharp as that.

And from watching the Champs a bit and reading the DTA board, I think the top 5 will be some combo of Anderson, Young, Rowell, Ash, Kemp

If no Kelly, then would be happy with Robertson or Rivers (provided he's played through the middle) as first choice.

Others that woulld be around the mark for us (think we'll miss finals given we f'd the last two weeks up) in order of preference
1) Serong (might make our list too small but I love his ferocity)
2) Flanders
3) Williams
4) Stephens
5) Taheny
Yeah Flanders and Williams were the 2 id forgotten about , both exactly what we need -fwd mids with skills and can kick goals.
We have the grunt really need some more class now

Love the look of so many of WA boys this year. that Champs game was the best game of footy I’ve watched all season.

Happy with any two of Henry (given), Robertson, Rivers, Jackson, Sharp, Taylor. Don’t even mind missing Kelly if it means nabbing a couple from this bunch, and that isn’t even including any of the Vic/SA/Allies boys.

Extremely impressed with Grainger-Barass as a bottom ager as well.
Agree on DG-B - he was epic yesterday. Not sure where we would play him but looks gun.

My memory is that Sturt showed plenty of production at the championships last year which is what brought the attention (a bit like Schoenberg for SA this year), not just x-factor. Taylor has show x-factor, not so much production as of yet.

Good onya Liam for driving your price up. We should have shown him Fyfes U18 champs. Spudded it up and got him with a 2nd rounder.

Also note: All Australian Coach Peter Sumich - I'm just saying, if Ross does go to Carlton...
Fyfe needed to lay low to get to us, Henry already has his passport stamped.

My memory is that Sturt showed plenty of production at the championships last year which is what brought the attention (a bit like Schoenberg for SA this year), not just x-factor. Taylor has show x-factor, not so much production as of yet.

Pretty sure Sturt didn't play in the championships, I don't think he was even on anyone's radars then. Think he was playing in the private school league then got a call up to the colts/TAC level towards the end of the year where he stood out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So outs for this year should be:
Bennell, Sandi, Ballas, Kersten
and maybe Jones.

In O’Reilly. Henry.

After Peel this week I’d keep Meeks.

I don’t think we need any more outs.

Rumour train had Langdon and Cox leaving heading home. Both worth keeping.
I don’t agree with Langdon. If we can get an early second rounder for him take it.

Fox recently ran an article regarding the best and worst kicks i50. Langdon was the third worst in the AFL running at 16%. It means he has only hit an i50 target 5 times this season or 1 in every 3 games.

What makes it worse is we have 2 of the best 5 contested marks in the game (Lobb Tabs) that spend a bit of time i50 which means our players should over index.

I would rather cerra move to a mid/wing role than have Langdon running there

English has re-signed for another 2 years

Glad that rumor didnt eventuate, the cost would have been obscene

Managers dont normally put this stuff out there unless they are trying to accomplish something
Sounds like he said all he did was try and gage Hill’s value as is normal procedure for contracts and the like, also debunked the Hawthorn rumour - headline aside the quotes are relieving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back