Review Two goals in a derby, it's over - Rd 16, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

If we lose as I suspect next week against Hawks (in Tas). Tomorrow North beat St Kilda, next week Sydney beat Carlton and also next week WB beat Melbourne - all very likely. We will be 14th on the ladder. Will give us pick 5 in the ND

If this season (which seems to be the case right now) heads the direction of 2017/18 post bye then there needs to be serious questions and changes made. How can we fall away so much after playing 13 games each of 3-4 years. Same s*#t different stench.

And a few bigger losses and a loss to the saints and we could be 15th which means we have gone no where in the last 3 years that’s 4 years finishing on 8 wins no improvement at all so yes questions need to be asked

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The scoreline is brutal but 60 inside 50s suggests things are much better than they appear. 27 scoring shots to21. Without Hogan and Taberner you lose structure up forward entirely, as we would without Darling and Kennedy. And the Eagles are the worst team in the comp to come up against without your 2 best key forwards.

One of the commentators said ideally you’d have 2 Michael Walters: one to play on ball and one up forward. Next year you’ll have something resembling that in Liam Henry.

To me the most concerning thing at the moment is that Cerra and Brayshaw appear to be stalling in their development. But maybe it’s just that their bodies aren’t ready to play the positions you need them to play.

The scoreline is brutal but 60 inside 50s suggests things are much better than they appear. 27 scoring shots to21. Without Hogan and Taberner you lose structure up forward entirely, as we would without Darling and Kennedy. And the Eagles are the worst team in the comp to come up against without your 2 best key forwards.

One of the commentators said ideally you’d have 2 Michael Walters: one to play on ball and one up forward. Next year you’ll have something resembling that in Liam Henry.

To me the most concerning thing at the moment is that Cerra and Brayshaw appear to be stalling in their development. But maybe it’s just that their bodies aren’t ready to play the positions you need them to play.
You know you’re going bad when your biggest rivals offer pity.

Congratulations to your mob, you’ve once again proved you’re a better run club with a better team.

Please let us wallow in peace.

I think you are being crazily kind. It's not like we lost those players in game or suddenly before. Anyone with a brain cell knew playing the same game play was madness, so why play that against the best intercept defense in the comp. It rained so why didn't we try to use some run?

Season over.
Need a stoppage plan. Maybe a stoppage coach.

Eagles played us perfectly. Give us the kick on the sideways and the block 40m up the ground and the corridor, we will then kick long to intercept.

Absolutely gutted. Season over.

Now I have to wear his damn premiership medal to bed so thanks a lot dockers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh. Same s**t, different day/week/year. I'm getting serously close to joining the Ross out brigade.

My application has been lodged to join the bye bye Ross club. This can not continue. We have lost to the bottom 3 sides in 2019, we have been embarrassed tonight, we have fallen into a hole for the past 4 years and we are a bog average side who drop off in the second half of each season. I rate Lyons work in the early part of his tenure but this is unacceptable after 3 years of full on rebuilding.

Anyone who keeps yapping on about our inside 50 count being a good sign of our development can * right off!

Enough is enough.

Someone down at that club needs to take control and put something in place to rectify this nonsense......

Diabolical skills
Players out of position
Weak as piss mids
No run and overlap
ZERO connection between mid/fwd

In fact, it seems no clear game plan????

Yet the players come out every single week and declare that they believe if they play their 'brand' they can beat anyone????

Either they don't believe that and are just pushing the company line (which equals I want out trade requests) or the brand is total s**t!

Soulless. No atmosphere. No effort. Insipid. Everything anti-Freo. This isn’t the Freo I know. It’s been like this since mid 2015. Soulless.
The atmosphere was electric at the start. I felt like it would be something special........ Then Langdon ran 100m on a burst and stopped mid run to say a prayer or something then kicked it down barass' throat from 56cm in front...

Game over

Actually Langdon stopped a few times. Unclear of what to do. Anxious? I dunno.....for sure as hell not playing on instinct..... That is an indictment on Ross and his staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back