Autopsy Rd 16 Blues last quarter comeback ends in heartbreak

Who played well for the Blues against the Dees in Round 16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone posted earlier that they saw some padding around his ribs/back. Might be playing with an undisclosed injury, which would explain a lot. Because he isnt flying for aerial balls with the vigour and intensity that he did at Adelaide.

He's always been inconsistent but he was always explosive and unafraid in aerial contests. Something is array.
Yep I thought I saw some extra padding, I honestly think he is hurt.

Frost had more intercept possessions and contested marks than May did. If you're going to have a go at McGovern, then have a go at Levi as well. McGovern has turned into a whipping boy and that's fine, but singling him out on here (as many do after every game) is a result of either personal bias or poor understanding of the game.
nup - he was awful today.....

Huge effort by Jack today. He had 12 and held Oliver quiet in the first half. Then kicked 3 and got ya back in it in the second half.

Enormous second half from Walsh. We were always going to our run them.

Simmo looks cooked. Our backline has its worst game of the year. Yet we still nearly won.

I’m still confused quite a while after the game

Defence looked like it did last year when midfield was getting thrashed. Felt similar today

Agree about Simmo. Last few weeks he's been struggling

So many opposition supporters looking to share their 2 cents as though it was worth the dollar.

Just remember y'all, everyone looks better in navy. Even you.
Is there anything sadder than opposition supporters trying to troll us after their supposed premiership team solidifies their hold on 16th position by just falling over the line. Maybe there is = Trolling Adelaide supporters.

I understand you're upset, and rightfully so after a tight loss, but this sort of posting is ridiculous. McGovern is not a key forward. He is a 3rd forward who relies on his aerial ability. When we are CONSTANTLY kicking it to his feet all day, what chance does he have? Furthermore, if you watched closely, you would have noticed his strong leads out of the square, which allowed Setterfield and Kennedy space (and resulted in numerous goals).
so he runs? heartening......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved Setters efforts forward either side of 3 quarter time.

Was lighting it up.

Notice he was kicking with the straight leg, which helped.

And his tackling is first rate.

He’s a talent, no doubt.
He kicks those two points, we win... simple as that numbers.

Can definitely see why SOS bid on him at the draft a couple of years back... and saw GWS match the bid before the commentator had finished reading out our bid.

99 out 100 players mark that. Really, it was an ordinary contest from Setters who should of just gobbled it up.

To his defence he cracked in that 2nd half but his overall his polish needs work.

512jAl02sML.jpg

I feel for the coaches watching games like this

JSOS was our best - really impressive, well-rounded game. I'm excited to see Ed and Murph stay in the middle once Cripps returns

Setters had an almost game! He's starting to pull it together

Cas was great, Jones immense in that last quarter, Weiters and Marchbank held their own (I hope Weiters is okay)

Simmo might finally be cooked

Dow ... enough! please! I see so many parallels to last year's rolling 'debate' around Polson ... He and fellow former Pick 3 are fighting each other for the worst kick in the AFL

My biggest takeaways after being there today:
- McGovern missing preseason is killing him. Looks way off it.
- We need a fit Docherty. Simpson is finished unfortunately. Newman and Plowman should spend the rest of their careers in the magoos.
- I was ready to write off Levi. He's far more important to us now then ever before.
- Paddy Dow doesn't believe his in own ability. Needs to find confidence in the 2s.
- Keep Kennedy in! 2 weeks in a row he has hit the scoreboard!
- JSOS bleeds blue. But we all knew that one.
so you wrote off levi and were wrong but simmo is definitely finished?

I’m not disagreeing that we didn’t give away some stupid frees, or that we butchered the ball at times, but you cannot say the umpires didn’t impact the game with the horrible frees they paid today. They were woeful. The free kick to McDonald at the start of the third. We didn’t even touch him and he paid in the back. Result? Goal. That’s just one. There were many, many more

IMO we lost it because of lack of effort. No more no less. If we have come out firing from the start the umpiring would have been irrelevant

Didnt get to watch the game and haven't read the thread. Please tell me which player's delisting I should be calling for.
Apparently half our senior squad needs to be delisted if you believe the crap floating around on here!

Another what?

Edit: no need to answer. I know what you’re referring to. You’re the biggest umpire apologist going around. Did you even watch today’s game? If you did then you need your head read if you think they’re not worthy of criticism.
*cough*

Back