Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst he may not be what we need right now, I don’t mind it based on the structure of that deal. Shouldn’t impact too much on our already limited budget for this window.

The other deals seem to be dragging on. And not much being whispered about offloading the likes of Mustafi etc.

Think this season is going to be a real test for us.. we are going to need every player at there best or we are going to fall further behind and then really struggle to sign top class talent.

One thing I am starting to see is a seemingly strategy based around youth which is good to see, planning for the future. We know this season will mostly be like last year, hopefully getting 2 more points so we make top 4 but who knows. But these recent signings of this window and the promotion of kids to the main squad show that the club is looking to build around youth. If you include younger players like Tierny (hopefully) and Bellerin you can almost put a good young team together.

Martinelli - Nketiah - Reiss-Nelson
Guendouzi - Maitland-Niles - Willock
Tierny - Holding - Saliba - Bellerin
???
Others: Emilie Smith Rowe - Malcom - Osei Tutu - Chambers - Bielek​

A bit of creative license taken, but we have been linked with Tierny for ages and we are being linked with trying to bring in Malcom as well, that is why they are italicized. That seems like a decent nuclease of youth to build around. They won't all make it, but it seems like the direction the we are taking, especially if the ones that don't make it, we can sell on for a decent wedge. Just need to clear those massive wages.

One thing I am starting to see is a seemingly strategy based around youth which is good to see, planning for the future. We know this season will mostly be like last year, hopefully getting 2 more points so we make top 4 but who knows. But these recent signings of this window and the promotion of kids to the main squad show that the club is looking to build around youth. If you include younger players like Tierny (hopefully) and Bellerin you can almost put a good young team together.

Martinelli - Nketiah - Reiss-Nelson
Guendouzi - Maitland-Niles - Willock
Tierny - Holding - Saliba - Bellerin
???
Others: Emilie Smith Rowe - Malcom - Osei Tutu - Chambers - Bielek​

A bit of creative license taken, but we have been linked with Tierny for ages and we are being linked with trying to bring in Malcom as well, that is why they are italicized. That seems like a decent nuclease of youth to build around. They won't all make it, but it seems like the direction the we are taking, especially if the ones that don't make it, we can sell on for a decent wedge. Just need to clear those massive wages.

I wouldn't be opposed to a project youth 2.0 buy low/sell high type approach. But I can see Emery bottling it when he is fighting for his job and just picking the campaigners.

I wouldn't be opposed to a project youth 2.0 buy low/sell high type approach. But I can see Emery bottling it when he is fighting for his job and just picking the campaigners.
Emery for me is a short term manager. He will wrap it up end of this season IMO when his contract is up, regardless if he makes top 4 or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ornstein saying that in addition to Saliba, we’re still in the hunt for a first team CB, Tierney, a CM and winger.

Difficult to see that happening.

Ornstein saying that in addition to Saliba, we’re still in the hunt for a first team CB, Tierney, a CM and winger.

Difficult to see that happening.
While Ornstein is almost never wrong, what are we funding that with?

While Ornstein is almost never wrong, what are we funding that with?

I’m reading more and more that this £45m budget is a bit of a smokescreen from Arsenal. There is supposedly up to £70m available.

However we surely need to sell some players too in order to acquire the 3-4 players Ornstein mentions.

He has wanted his contract cancelled for weeks. Would of left when Wenger did but for his injury.

Fair enough that he wants out, is still contracted though. Not a great look that it’s come to this. There’s just so much in and around the club that just doesn’t feel good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back