Preview Round 18, 2019: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 21st July, 4:40PM AEST *LANGLANDS DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 26 47.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has an eerily familiar feel to it.

Sacked coach. New coach. Fresh hope and expectations, yet most likely business as usual and nothing changes.

Welcome back to the 70' and 80's.
Those were the days , i was never disappointed back then , i well and truly knew what was coming

I feel a bit for DMac tbh..

He's a good lock down defender and tries his guts out, the club puts Paton back down there and puts him so Dmac so high up the field he gets a nosebleed..

He's a back pocket or out of the side, don't throw him to the wolves

I like DMac too. I still hope he will be the first player to get his name on the #36 locker for playing 100 games.

The issue with playing him in the backline is his kicking is just not elite. He is a great stopper and has some good pace to break a line with quick handballs but teams have worked out that if they sag off him he can shank it.

If Steele wasn't playing the tagging role in the middle I'd be keen to give DMac the last 6 games of the year in the guts. Hell, do that anyway. Free up Steele to hunt the footy as our #1 mid and assign DMac to Bont, Brayshaw, B.Crouch, Fyfe, Murphy and Parker over the next 6 weeks. Give him an education on different styles of midfielder which then gives him something to work on in the off season to develop his game.

I got a week once for unloading on the Dees board straight after WC knocked them out of 8th in the final round of 2017.

It was glorious

As for this game- i want Lonedog to ruck with Roma. The little pip squeak can do it all. I love that little pest

I got a day off for posting on the main board that Clayton Oliver should’ve got a month suspension for kissing a Geelong player after he’d tackled him & held him down rendering him helpless. The mod that whacked me was a ‘super moderator’ they brought out the big guns ffs.

''' Super Moderator " Sounds like a really nerdy sex toy!

I got let off for calling myself a D!ck Head!
Looks like they ditched the points system for that one
And just used their discretion as the overwhelming public opinion
Was that i was right! ☝

Sunday game - extended bench will be named

I/C
Rowe, White, Rice, Langlands, Parker, Acres, Sinclair, Paton

What does it all mean?

Surely they're not gonna play Rowe in the ruck and Marshall forward, at last White will get his chance to shine, HTF can Liquorlands get a game!!!, Rice slow slow slow - we need speed against the Doggies!!!! - discuss
For those of us who can't get to VFL games, what does Doveton Liquoricehands bring to the table that we don't have? Is he a potential upgrade on anybody? What's his "best" position? Who's been keeping him out?

Can we please bring back Bevo being a drug dealer on this board. Those were the days
Apparently our boys have loaded up on his Pinga's for this weeks game
In a desperate hope of enticing him to the Saints or at the very least to remain
Competitive on the weekend against the Juiced up Dogs!

For those of us who can't get to VFL games, what does Doveton Liquoricehands bring to the table that we don't have? Is he a potential upgrade on anybody? What's his "best" position? Who's been keeping him out?
Speed
Ed Phillips
Wing
No one

Rookie drafted - first year ruined by glandular fever, 2nd year hampered by early hamstring problems.

Getting 20 odd in most games in the VFL (wing/mid depending on who is avaiable) - nothing special but has a better contested possession count than say Philips. Decision needed on whether he should get a new contract but still in with a chance.

Given the above, maybe the easiest way to figure that out may be to stick him in the ones for a couple of matches and see how he performs.

Speed
Ed Phillips
Wing
No one

Rookie drafted - first year ruined by glandular fever, 2nd year hampered by early hamstring problems.

Getting 20 odd in most games in the VFL (wing/mid depending on who is avaiable) - nothing special but has a better contested possession count than say Philips. Decision needed on whether he should get a new contract but still in with a chance.

Given the above, maybe the easiest way to figure that out may be to stick him in the ones for a couple of matches and see how he performs.
How's his "footy IQ"? Does he seem to be a quick thinker/good decision maker?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel a bit for DMac tbh..

He's a good lock down defender and tries his guts out, the club puts Paton back down there and puts him so Dmac so high up the field he gets a nosebleed..

He's a back pocket or out of the side, don't throw him to the wolves
I feel for him too , i feel he is like a few others we have , not up to it , time to stop trying to turn average footballers into guns . Move em on or out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back