Unofficial Preview Round 19, 2019 - Sydney vs Geelong @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't, they are the only Victorian team I have any time or respect for.
Really well run club, don't get all the bulls**te advantages the Melbourne teams appear to get and I like and admire most of their players. Scott is the only thing that annoys me with them and that is only because he carries on like a pork chop in the box during the game, aside from that he is a very good coach and from what I've seen of him being interviewed, an extremely logical, intelligent man.
Of the current top 8, they would be my second team of choice to win.

To each their own. I wasn't trying to start an anti-Geelong bandwagon or anything, just expressing my hatred for them. Third only behind Hawthorn and Fremantle for mine.

I cant wait for this season of footy to be done with
been boring as bats**t

Everyone else yeah but not the Swans. I could watch us lose by 70 points every week and I'd still be excited for the next weekend to already come around to watch the lads again

But quality of footy is s**t. Worst season I can ever recall watching

Afl.com have us winning this one by 3 points

Everyone else yeah but not the Swans. I could watch us lose by 70 points every week and I'd still be excited for the next weekend to already come around to watch the lads again

But quality of footy is s**t. Worst season I can ever recall watching

thats good

This will sound wrong- love the club, there's positives etc, but we are a chore to watch at times, with the rest of the league as a whole- a lot of it is the game itself, a reasonable amount is the way we play

its quite tedious

thats good

This will sound wrong- love the club, there's positives etc, but we are a chore to watch at times, with the rest of the league as a whole- a lot of it is the game itself, a reasonable amount is the way we play

its quite tedious

Not arguing that, Swans make me want to tear my hair out more than watching most teams because of how we play and/or our skills. But it's a chore I'd happily do and am disappointed every time the chore is done for the week. That's why I haaaate losing, cause the Swans match is the thing I look forward to all week and then in under 3 hours it's done and dusted with a disappointing result and wasn't even enjoyable while I watched it.

Last weekend was the worst. Looked forward to our one annual Perth trip all year and was blessed to witness quite possibly the worst game of the season, Swans or otherwise.

To each their own. I wasn't trying to start an anti-Geelong bandwagon or anything, just expressing my hatred for them. Third only behind Hawthorn and Fremantle for mine.

Haha. Your list of most loathed I guess reflects your age and where you live.

For ancients like me our antipathy to Carlton is as natural as drawing breath. After them and considerable light years traveling through toxic gases are the Dopers' and Pies, the twin carbuncles on the backside of the Galaxy.

Haha. Your list of most loathed I guess reflects your age and where you live.

For ancients like me our antipathy to Carlton is as natural as drawing breath. After them and considerable light years traveling through toxic gases are the Dopers' and Pies, the twin carbuncles on the backside of the Galaxy.

you are still anti University footy club im sure :p

I've always thought Geelong and Sydney were like kindrid spirits.

Both hated by opposition fans for nothing more than being competitive year in, year out.

Both clubs have great cultures, great recruiters and are free of off field scandals.

Both clubs have star players taken from other clubs who get all the attention, while both teams have turned former rookies, state league players and random misfits into quality AFL players without anyone else noticing or caring.

Of course you've also got the Harley factor - one of my all time favourite players and one of the key people responsible for turning our inconsistent team into a dynasty - as well as Stevie J and others.

I was probably the only Victorian supporting you in the 2016 GF.

I have never been more proud to be a Geelong supporter than the day Goodes returned at KP and we stood and applauded him.
Ok, Ok !! Geelong aren't that bad!
but please.. save our love for someone else.. maybe the under dogs instead of the cats
ps. was happy to read the respect for a great competitor / club

[
Completely up to you how you support & I by no means am telling you that you are right/wrong... but I really really hate seeing this in our supporter base.

The sooner we start winning again the better.

To Be Blunt It is an as weak as piss attitude. We are not losers and anyone who wants to be or accepts it should go and support StKilda where mediocrity and failure has been accepted internally over the years and spread through their supporter base like stage 4 cancer. This Club once stated It wanted to be the most successful sporting club in Australia under Colless's reign and I for one am an advocate for them to still be aspiring to it. Yes we have to take our medicine for a while and go through this phase but taking the attitude of clubs that perenially finish on the bones of their arse at the bottom of the ladder hoping a good draft pick will fix all their problems is weak and I hope our club and its supporter base don't ever accept that.

[

To Be Blunt It is an as weak as piss attitude. We are not losers and anyone who wants to be or accepts it should go and support StKilda where mediocrity and failure has been accepted internally over the years and spread through their supporter base like stage 4 cancer. This Club once stated It wanted to be the most successful sporting club in Australia under Colless's reign and I for one am an advocate for them to still be aspiring to it. Yes we have to take our medicine for a while and go through this phase but taking the attitude of clubs that perenially finish on the bones of their arse at the bottom of the ladder hoping a good draft pick will fix all their problems is weak and I hope our club and its supporter base don't ever accept that.

Agree

I also don’t know why people are so willing to accept a drop down the ladder

This season has been a disgrace

[

Hear, hear

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree

I also don’t know why people are so willing to accept a drop down the ladder

This season has been a disgrace

Starting the season 0-6 or I-6 is the real problem i dont know why but happening 2 years out of 3 is not acceptable.

That should be the priority addressing why it happens.

Starting the season 0-6 or I-6 is the real problem i dont know why but happening 2 years out of 3 is not acceptable.

That should be the priority addressing why it happens.

whoever gave tippett his extension could be sacked for a start

if i wasted millions of dollars at work id get the arse

have the swans shared nick Davis 2005 goal yet

Ha I have a couple mates who make the error of following Geelong. They are still haunted by Nick Bloody Davis and 2005. It is fundamentally a wonderful thing.

Ha I have a couple mates who make the error of following Geelong. They are still haunted by Nick Bloody Davis and 2005. It is fundamentally a wonderful thing.

I remember thinking theres the season gone at 3/4 time

what a night then booked my plane tickets for the week after before i even got the prelim ticket

what a night then booked my plane tickets for the week after before i even got the prelim ticket

It was indeed the best of times. Oft forgotten was Schneiderman last quarter efforts against the Saints in the Prelim

My wife is a Cat’s supporter and she hates me watching that and just walks out...I never miss her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back