Unofficial Preview Round 19, 2019 - Sydney vs Geelong @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aight taking on Geelong at home this week. Can't see this one being particularly pretty to be frank.

Dawson to come back from suspension. I would think Stoddart goes out, didn't do enough to demand another game. Fox and Clarke were serviceable and would probably stay in. McLean was good and will get another game.

Hayward's form has been particularly poor for the past month so I would think either Rose or Menzel come in for him.

In: Dawson, Menzel
Out: Stoddart, Hayward

Last 3 weeks our scores have been 51, 62 and 66. Not expecting a win against the Cats so I'd just be happy to see some fluent passages of play, see better delivery inside 50 and hopefully crack 80 points.

Aight taking on Geelong at home this week. Can't see this one being particularly pretty to be frank.

Dawson to come back from suspension. I would think Stoddart goes out, didn't do enough to demand another game. Fox and Clarke were serviceable and would probably stay in. McLean was good and will get another game.

Hayward's form has been particularly poor for the past month so I would think either Rose or Menzel come in for him.

Last 3 weeks our scores have been 51, 62 and 66. Not expecting a win against the Cats so I'd just be happy to see some fluent passages of play, see better delivery inside 50 and hopefully crack 80 points.

Dreaming...nice changes though!

Dreaming...nice changes though!
I try to be as optimistic as I can during the week. Until the game starts at least. Then I tend to find very few reasons to be optimistic.

Honestly don't know how any combination of changes is going to make us any better. We've entered 'plan for the future' mode with finals out of the equation which means basically playing all the key parts of our future team and getting them used to playing as a team together. But some of those key parts of the future aren't actually getting much benefit from being in the senior team right now.

I'm talking about McCartin, Blakey, Florent and Hayward, who are all in struggle street at the minute and not helping us win, but who we still need to get games into for the long-term. But will us continuing to show faith in them each week only make their confidence even worse when they play poorly?

Bit of a damned-if-we-do-damned-if-we-don't situation.

Just hope Stoddart gets another crack, was never going to dominate in that crap match last night.

Expect the crowd to give Grohan a rousing cheer . I predict 8 times there will be muted boos.

The group giving him a cheer will have two sections. The first will comprise folk who always recognise the past deeds of former favourite sons. Think Mitchell, Hall, Rhys Jones et . The second will be cheering the salary dump. There will be a small barely discernible grumble of fans irritated at the rumour we still carry part of salary.

Geelong should win by 8-10 goals if they are a hope of winning this year

Have you seen us play recently? We’ll be lucky to score 8-10 goals!

Regardless of our current form (poor), I never, ever regard Swans anywhere let alone away as a probable victory.

I’m thankful we avoid Buddy’s 300th but think you have some excellent youth, Aliir has done well in the ruck from what I’ve seen, and you’ve been unlucky to not win one or both of your away games v Bombers and Freo lately.

Will Menzel play?

Geelongs last three scores have been 55, 84 and 61. They aren’t in great form post the bye. However, they should have enough experience to knock us off. Not sure we have anyone to match up against Hawkins.

As disappointing as the loss was last week we did win 3 of the quarters.

Have you seen us play recently? We’ll be lucky to score 8-10 goals!

Regardless of our current form (poor), I never, ever regard Swans anywhere let alone away as a probable victory.

I’m thankful we avoid Buddy’s 300th but think you have some excellent youth, Aliir has done well in the ruck from what I’ve seen, and you’ve been unlucky to not win one or both of your away games v Bombers and Freo lately.

Will Menzel play?

Did you see us play Fremantle? You might have been awful, we were on a mother planet awful.

I'd play Menzel but not sure the selectors will, not sure on that. Also someone like Hayward might have a "rest" allowing Menzel to play.

Did you see us play Fremantle? You might have been awful, we were on a mother planet awful.

I'd play Menzel but not sure the selectors will, not sure on that. Also someone like Hayward might have a "rest" allowing Menzel to play.

I saw your last quarter v Freo and thought you were desperately unlucky to not at least draw if not win.

Hope to see Menz out there on Sunday. I assume he won’t get another year given he’s had another injury interrupted season. Such a shame his body hasn’t allowed him the career he was capable of.

I saw your last quarter v Freo and thought you were desperately unlucky to not at least draw if not win.

Hope to see Menz out there on Sunday. I assume he won’t get another year given he’s had another injury interrupted season. Such a shame his body hasn’t allowed him the career he was capable of.

I'm happy we didn't win, honestly this year is shot, get a better draft pick. Freo really should have won by more, their atrocious kicking kept us in the game, min you we weren't much better.

I'd be happy enough for Menzl to play. It's a shame he hasn't had a chance to show his real traits. Still remember his game for Geelong in the final where he kicked 5 (might have been the qualifying or prelim). He'll go down as a "what could have been" player, cruelly cut down by injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be happy enough for Menzl to play. It's a shame he hasn't had a chance to show his real traits. Still remember his game for Geelong in the final where he kicked 5 (might have been the qualifying or prelim). He'll go down as a "what could have been" player, cruelly cut down by injury.

Kicked 5 and got three Brownlow votes in round 23, 2011 when we smashed ladder leading Collingwood.

Kicked two in the first quarter the next week in the QF v Hawthorn before he did his knee minutes later.

Missed the flag and any chance of reaching the potential he was beginning to show.

Devastating.

Kicked 5 and got three Brownlow votes in round 23, 2011 when we smashed ladder leading Collingwood.

Kicked two in the first quarter the next week in the QF v Hawthorn before he did his knee minutes later.

Missed the flag and any chance of reaching the potential he was beginning to show.

Devastating.

That's the one, the Collingwood game was the one I remember. Sometimes players just get rotten luck. However, at least he has been injury free the last couple of years so he should be okay post football to live a good life. Such a shame though, he could have been anything.

Feel bad for Menzel we got him over to Sydney probably thinking we were still a finals contender hasnt really done a lot wrong but is languishing in the NEAFL.

Feel bad for Menzel we got him over to Sydney probably thinking we were still a finals contender hasnt really done a lot wrong but is languishing in the NEAFL.

Feel bad for him? He was delisted! He'd be grateful to even be on an AFL list right now. I agree he hasn't done a lot wrong, but he hasn't done a lot right yet either. He's had an injury-plagued year and is still finding his feet form-wise. He would know better than most that he has to prove himself.

Feel bad for him? He was delisted! He'd be grateful to even be on an AFL list right now. I agree he hasn't done a lot wrong, but he hasn't done a lot right yet either. He's had an injury-plagued year and is still finding his feet form-wise. He would know better than most that he has to prove himself.

IIRC he wanted more than 1 year at Geelong?

IIRC he wanted more than 1 year at Geelong?

The story is apparently that we offered him a one year deal in early 2018 when he was flying (14 goals in first four rounds) and he was pushing for two.

He then missed most of the season with injury and didn't have much of an impact on his return including a terrible elimination final, 8 disposals and no goals. So we pulled the one year offer and you guys gave him a lifeline.

There were also murmurings that he had sought treatment away from the club for the groin injury he was struggling with and that he had an adverse reaction to this treatment which led to him missing so long (rounds 5-17 he was absent). If true that no doubt factored into Geelong's decision to cut him.

Expect the crowd to give Grohan a rousing cheer . I predict 8 times there will be muted boos.

The group giving him a cheer will have two sections. The first will comprise folk who always recognise the past deeds of former favourite sons. Think Mitchell, Hall, Rhys Jones et . The second will be cheering the salary dump. There will be a small barely discernible grumble of fans irritated at the rumour we still carry part of salary.

This is a pretty good summation but I doubt he’ll get eight possessions. It’s a big game for Gaz which therefore means he gets overwhelmed and puts in a rolled gold stinker

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back