Unofficial Preview Round 19, 2019 - Sydney vs Geelong @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Longmire sit out the rest of the season

Send him on holiday

Harley, "C'mon Horse. You've been on the go for months and we think you need to freshen up for Spring."
Gardiner, "Cmon Horse. You've been on the go for ...."
Harley, "stfu Charlie!"
Horse, "Not a bag of oats but not a bad idea . Think I will take up the offer. As you know I never miss a Final series and it is important I have time to play around with some additional defensive strategies.
Gardiner,"But Jose ..."
Harley, "STFU Charlie"
Gardiner, "Ok Gil ..."
Horse,"Can I go to my Horse Float Boat, now?"

.....and at least Jack didn't
Remember when Kizza was one of the best in the comp? ... Could you ever have thought at that point that you'd ever be saying this?? It's footy, sure... But it's brutal & sad. Kizza is a bloody champion & warrior of our club...

*sigh*

Remember when Kizza was one of the best in the comp? ... Could you ever have thought at that point that you'd ever be saying this?? It's footy, sure... But it's brutal & sad. Kizza is a bloody champion & warrior of our club...

*sigh*
yep.. he's still giving 110% .. sad that on the field that isn't stacking up, but off the field Im sure he's still a champion.

*sigh*

Harmed his legacy a bit playing on 2-3 years too long

Also his inability to develop any kicking on his non preferred annoyed

Good club player

11 wins and on %

* won't happen. However it's possible

Yeah no it’s not. We aren’t playing well enough in the first place.

Happy to build for next year. It’s been a good year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More games into the kids, Dawson improving. Gameplan has been a bit better.

Only Dawson is on the improvers list. Injury and absurd selection has denied him 15+ games of earlier development.

Rowbottom is a find.

Few others could be said to have had a better year. Some have stood still, others have regressed.

The game plan remains exhausting, irrespective of the changes. The bottom line if wins v losses is dire.

Only Dawson is on the improvers list. Injury and absurd selection has denied him 15+ games of earlier development.

Rowbottom is a find.

Few others could be said to have had a better year. Some have stood still, others have regressed.

The game plan remains exhausting, irrespective of the changes. The bottom line if wins v losses is dire.

Wins and losses are a minor thing for me. We were never winning this year our side was very young. We will be better next year and beyond. It’s a year we needed to have. Scraping into 6th probably would allow the cracks to not be fixed.

Think we’ve seen some great signs towards 2020 and beyond

To be fair, he hasn’t done much at all. We should never have bought bought him in the first place - he was never going to be part of our future.

I think we were hoping he’d add experience and provide some on field guidance to our young forwards for a couple of years. And if he did that by kicking his average couple of goals per game, that wouldn’t have been such a bad deal. Given the conditions of the deal, it was a possible win with nothing to lose arrangement. For Menzel, we offered a lifeline that no one else was holding out. He’s ended up getting what he deserved.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tbh - I thought our trade period reeked of desperation. Couldn’t get anyone we wanted and instead, we clutched at straws.

Menzel was one of those straws.

What were Richards, Mattner, Shaw ... ? Or even Pike, Roberts-Thompson, Morton ... then there’s the rookies who came good, Smith, Grundy, Jack etc .... we used to be good at making champions out of chumps.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back