Unofficial Preview Round 19, 2019 - Sydney vs Geelong @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id put Heeney out the rest of the year and probably Parker and Kennedy
They can all use a week off for sure. One of them each week from now, starting with Heeney.
The whole "they are footy players, they should play every week" is bollocks in the modern up and back game. They're covering 13 kms a game while getting repeatedly smashed in violent physical confrontations. The limits have been reached in what the human body can cope with. Player management should be much more of a thing than it is.

Interesting table: We are first for total distance covered. second last for sprints. Does this explain Florent's lack of impact. He spends so much time running up and back, he's got nothing left as a 20 year old for the high impact moments. Club solution? Keep doing that every week and run our kids into the ground.
Richmond's stats looking amazballs.

We need him in the 2s. He has a contract to play footy. He should honour it and help the club. It's not like his playing there is holding back any promising mids. It's rare a champ goes out holding the trophy on grand final day.
Play footy, enjoy it. You're only young once KJ !
Umm...just because he’ll announce, doesn’t mean he won’t play out the season. :drunk:

They can all use a week off for sure. One of them each week from now, starting with Heeney.
The whole "they are footy players, they should play every week" is bollocks in the modern up and back game. They're covering 13 kms a game while getting repeatedly smashed in violent physical confrontations. The limits have been reached in what the human body can cope with. Player management should be much more of a thing than it is.

Interesting table: We are first for total distance covered. second last for sprints. Does this explain Florent's lack of impact. He spends so much time running up and back, he's got nothing left as a 20 year old for the high impact moments. Club solution? Keep doing that every week and run our kids into the ground.
View attachment 715418

I know its a different sport but look at the NBA, raptors Managed Kahwi all year and he was right for the playoffs and they really pinched a championship as others dropped

We havent ever rest for september either which frustrates me

But to me if we want to prolong JPK and Buddy- shut both down now
Heeney looked proppy all year, why not even give a rampe or a parker some time away - go freshen up for next year

Theres no benefit to us to play these key guys out if they are proppy at all

View attachment 715418
If you cant win clearances (which we cant) you are automatically going backwards before you can go forwards. The same happens when you cant win contested ball also.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If you cant win clearances (which we cant) you are automatically going backwards before you can go forwards. The same happens when you cant win contested ball also.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
If only we'd picked up a promising young and strong big ruckman putting up good numbers in the SANFL to help us at least break even at stoppages.:rolleyes:
You can't teach height! Anyone think he'd not be better than the Don's Zac Clarke who seems to get a game?

That's why I won't be shocked if Menzel comes in. Sure he doesn't put as much defensive pressure, but if he gets 3 shots at goal he's kicking most of them. Hayward is dead set lucky to kick 1 this season. It happens just having an awful season, him more than any of our side just needs a complete mental break and a full off season. He'll be a better player for this season.

Just Stop it. Based On What ? What because he couldn't get a *****ing kick in a stampede ? Ridiculous comment unless you are his psychologist, his family or a ********* Priest. Oh ! He looks fatigued, it must be the mental rigours of AFL Football ! He needs a rest ! Give Us A Spell.

Just Stop it. Based On What ? What because he couldn't get a *****ing kick in a stampede ? Ridiculous comment unless you are his psychologist, his family or a ********* Priest. Oh ! He looks fatigued, it must be the mental rigours of AFL Football ! He needs a rest ! Give Us A Spell.

Hahaha. You're right of course. Think a fortnight in the Ressies may have sparked him up and cured his yips. As it turns out he has a hip injury.

5 goals 1
Breaks his jaw in a big hit
7 goals 15
It may be mental.. He is only 20yo.

this is not a criticism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not really fair on Ollie to continue playing him when he looks so bereft of confidence. We know he'll be a part of our future. Why not give him a spell and Rose a chance to really prove himself? The mind boggles.

I know its a different sport but look at the NBA, raptors Managed Kahwi all year and he was right for the playoffs and they really pinched a championship as others dropped

Heeney looked proppy all year, why not even give a rampe or a parker some time away - go freshen up for next year

Totally agree. We’re running them into the ground and deleting their preseason’s. Bit different if September was an option.

Agree but dislike for mentioning Rampe when I'm already missing Andrews and Hurn from my SuperCoach backline with no coverage.

Hahaha. You're right of course. Think a fortnight in the Ressies may have sparked him up and cured his yips. As it turns out he has a hip injury.

Exactly. The Yips are a problem but not finding the ball is a bigger problem for him. Of course he is going to be judged harshly when he is only getting the ball half a dozen times a game, has 4 shots and can't hit the side of a barn with any of them. He has 7-10 posessions a game and kicks 3 We all Stfu. I like the boy and think he can play but at the moment he is an exciting talent that needs to work on doing the hard things to be involved, which will help find the ball, which will give him shots at goal that he will eventually start kicking, which will give him confidence, which will see him back playing at the level we know he is capable of, which will keep him off the the shrinks couch. End of story.

I am bright...and I’m light, I just like to deal in reality rather than fantasy.
Fair enough. Sorry for making a SuperCoach joke in a quiet thread two days out from match day. Won't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back